My first animation with "true love will find you..."

Started by novielo, December 11, 2012, 08:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novielo

Before you even think of clicking on the youtube thing:
;)

The drop outs are ment to be there, the only thing is, I wanted to add them in post but they happened to be there. Any body got a clue a clue about how they happen?
I was using manual on a T3i, magic lantern for the magic zoom (a great way to make a follow on the shelf scene).
I made some light drop outs manualy by changing the aperture speed. but nothing more.

Is it because of the 1/1000-1/4000 speed vs the 60hz lights??

hope you enjoy

novielo

I don't know what to explain or say, so feel free for the comments or the questions.

I don't realy mind about gear and stuff but some people like to know  :)

deleted.account.01

Quote from: novielo on December 11, 2012, 08:53:05 PM
I don't know what to explain or say, so feel free for the comments or the questions.

I don't realy mind about gear and stuff but some people like to know  :)

oo yes...

u are truly Artist..that was Pure and i was coming from Heart.. and You use Time Laps in perfectly way..
im not professional but i can see and i  fell what is most importand while i waching this Movie.
this is not just another time laps movie..this is Art ..
dude i love your art work..

i little prefere another subjects but im not blind when  i can see somethnig what have Big not material Value..

Edit :

one more thing.. u remember  size of file u upload to yt ?

novielo

erm... let me look..

m4t 1080 24p, 340mb in size if it helps you get some other numbers i'm not aware of.
do you refer to the ghosting? I think it might be because at start it was 3 frames/image but in some cases I slow the footage to 80%-90% or something.

deleted.account.01

i was need restart few times some stuff on my `computer` to see all movie :D ..

looks like its my bad connection ;)

novielo

Thanks for the kind words, really. That made my day.

As for the gears, after wasting an awful amount of time on forums I come to the conclusion that gears simply doesn't matters. Iknow people with fantastic studios that don't do much in them. I had, at some point, 3 times the music gear I currently have. Doesn't made my soul translate better in the music. Easier? a big maybe. More headaches? for sure.

"la cène" from Da Vinci is made from tempera.... freaking tempera!!!

What matters is what you represent with it, I think.

deleted.account.01

Quote from: novielo on December 12, 2012, 05:25:46 AMIknow people with fantastic studios that don't do much in them.

yes u perfectly right on this.. so many of them .. peoples mostly folow thing how BOX look not what is inside..
so  mostly its just studio sign make those peoples ``professional`` but work is simple nothing special with realy zero exitment..

but in these days everyone can get sound studio ..how long  he got money ...so in these days we got Hordes of Proffesionals all around youtube and everywhere.. 

i hardly agree with tis dude..

some things are to eazy to acces  and same things soudl be more protected ..

check this...Adobe AfterEffects... in days when this  soft is so popular and eazy to acces .. it hard to know who doing Gratework with Video or stil lframes and wh ojust read turtorial and he just reapiting some steps  and he geting same effect..this is realy lame ..

with this way its hard to knwo who isRealy Pro and who just read turtorial with steps 1.2.3.4.5 how to use it to have some type ofeffect..

look on big productions movie.. they not looks very similar ? for  me yes..im very sensitive on details...in these days big movie productions are more for show hpw many special FX we can use.. or how good quality of frmaes  they got.. but never more movies are abotue story ..only abotue fx..

example of movie ? i dont wanna here adverting soemtihng what is top lame in my opinion but.. Lastest Conan movie.. like for me its one big joke not movie.its looks like beveryhills 90210

lets back to past..when peoples making  First edition of Conan..with Arnold ... this movie is not abotue Special FX.. ( not only because in that dayzs FX was o nanother `level` ) only cus this movie got story  ..its cool box and product in side have more value than box..

maybe i dont see something in this.. maybe all this things going in this way what show only FX in use.. ( Lastest Conan like Long Version of Turtorial ? ) ... and  peoples who made movies wit out full of bullshit in side are gone forever.. and now its more importand how many Mega pixels  camera got what we use to record movie or what 3000 bucks dolly we used... now these things make peoples PRO.. tools not howthey use it..tools are not guilty here..its good to have them..lets make movie where  movie showing value. not movie where value is this what we  used to make it..its realy sad i tihng

Your Movie perfectly showing this what i trying to say..

your movie is not Abotue Camera u use for recording..
your movie is abotue Story what frames showing..

but all this its only my own opinion so its single opinion..

kihlbahkt

I really liked the overall tone of this video and always love to watch animation. I think more attention on control of focus would have improved this animation but even with those minor concerns I found it to be enjoyable to watch. I liked the 'sad little guy' character carrying his heart around seeking true love.
600D x2

novielo

It's true that a lot of people say they are "pro" these days. Funny because from my experience, saying "I'm no pro, I just shoot" gets more attention. I think people like it more because you are not in the poser (I think it's the right expression) gang, but that you actualy do something even if you're nopro.

Yeah the focus could have better, specially in the wake-up scene and the last one. I was i little to near of the subject and it was at the minimal focus distance. maybe a monitor would have come handy?

novielo

From a personnal point of view and experience, saying you are "pro" when you are not won't help you. People better like to have the true. Saying "I'm no pro, I just shoot" got me better mileage.

Yeah the focus, specially in the wake-up and last scene are out. I was beyond the minimal focus distance. Maybe a monitor would have help, or at least working in a more safe way, getting higher mpixels and crop in post, would have do the trick.

If you want to see my firt 2 videos...
Went at the theater with the kids last week-end, and after 2 years I finally know in what remains I shot these. It's the upcoming movie "Zombie Love". Realy felt like post appocaliptic, plus the airport parking are not used any longer.

deleted.account.01

im not pro and propadly i will never be .. in Digital Days where  good quality or Proffesionalizm  sometimes means   2999 $ Lenss showing border where Amatuers stop cus then need and professionals move forvard ,,

some one  with no expirence buying lens  worth 3000 $ and body 3000$ + some tripod 3000 $ and he dont realy need to have expirence.cus equipment on this level got some quality..
and some group of peoples with PRO Ego filled with expensive equipment like to call them selfs pro..but when u take from them expensive equipment and  u give for them Analog Film Camera..well..90% of them never take  good photo..or Sharp..and this is ture.

i dont want offend real Masters from Light & Magic ....  but in days where peoples who making Music Style what is called DubStep ( DumbStep ) and pro peoples surounded by tools ... pro word and person not Existe Any More..

when i watching some vids  of .... or .... ijust trying to understand Exitments around that Production.. well i wish this world realy understand  critic .and not take it always like attacking.. 
But most of that  fake professionals with Expensive equimpent going to be ofended after  your or mine critic on  vid what they made..cus how my movie can be lame i use expensive equipment andit MUST BE PRO AND HIGH QUALITY...yes yes..it must ..but runing around some lame boring subject with Expensive Equipment not make this movie Pro..

its good to have youtube...u can say all u wish for make critic