'3 Days in New York' Timelapse Mashup - 10,000+ stills, focus ramping galore

Started by Gilpin, December 11, 2012, 05:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilpin

Hi guys,

Just finished my '3 Days in New York' project, and thought you might want a look.

I shot tonnes of HD vid and nearly 11,000 stills to try to capture some the icons of this epic city.  Lots of sunset and cityscape action, and a fair bit of focus ramping. I hope you enjoy:

Obviously I used ML, but also Lightroom, LRTimelapse (pretty nifty time lapse ramping and leveling software that links to Lightroom), Mpeg Streamclip (invaluable video convertor/compressor), Final Cut Pro 7.

My poor little 550D has copped a bit of a beating, but I am still amazed at how much I have gotten out of this camera.  It is probably entering the end of its life (shutter count), and I am keenly eyeing off a full frame big brother, but until then, this little workhorse has a few sunsets left in it!

Thanks everyone.  Happy shooting.

Nick.

@nickgilpin (instagram)
new.myspace.com/nickgilpin (new Myspace)

kihlbahkt

Great job. Beautiful timelapses and I really like the transitions between days. NYC is freaking awesome and your video makes me want to go there now. Thanks for sharing.
600D x2

deleted.account.01

hello :)

i got question here..

how u made that bicycle shoting. ? i mean how u keep al lscrean sharp al lthe time ?

edit :

i like this moment with Bus stop :) 7:03

Edit2 :

im not professional..but .. i got  one critic cus i love Sound`s....u shoud l focus more on synhronization frames with audio.. but my opinion is not fovarded by any expirence here

jplxpto

Congrats. This is an excellent job for me. I was willing to do the bag and go to London three days. :)

Gilpin

Thanks for the comments guys - glad you liked it!

Regarding the bike scenes, I strapped my tripod to the bike and just shot video, not stills.  Yes, I know, I need a gopro.   Not easy cycling with a DSLR and a chunky wide angle in between your legs!   :)