[WONTFIX] QR geotagging

Started by Anton2707, December 11, 2012, 05:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton2707

The idea is to teach the camera to read QR codes in which will be recorded geo coordinates. QR codes and GPS data can be obtained from your smartphone.
For example, after taking a picture, live view is on, and place your screen smartphone with QR code generated, the camera reads and writes data on the situation in exif last frame. :)
Oh god, my english...  :D

..::T3::..

Hi,

nice Idea. I like this :D

Legushka

I like it.
must be taught to read settings EXIF camera with QR codes and immediately put them on the camera-)
Canon eos 60d, firmware 1.1.1/sigma 10-20 + ML v2.3.RC2 + Nodal Ninja NN4

scrax

Idea is nice, but actually ML can't read or write EXIF data, and also can't decode QR code.
The quicker way to do this if there is a smartphone involved is in post when importing photo.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

nanomad

Decoding a QR from the image buffer shouldn't be a big deal...Writing exif data, on the other hand, is unexplored territory for us
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Anton2707

You can do without recording exif, replace *.txt document creation with coordinates and then automatically adding the data from the txt file to exif...
I'm not a programmer, and I do not know all the possibilities ... ;)
Or temporarily adding one line in data of copyright name, and record coordinates to copyright data. And, on the computer by using an automated editor exif recording the coordinates of the second line of data about the author of a string of coordinates in the exif file.

scrax

I can already do that, without ML involved. Only difference is that the txt file is saved on my phone.

I have an android phone with GPSLogger that saves a gpx or kml file in my dropbox (so live sync with my desktop);
After in Lightroom i can easily add coordinates to pics without even remove the card from the camera (It's an EyeFi card).
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-