ICON file

Started by deleted.account.01, December 08, 2012, 06:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deleted.account.01

will be cool to add ML logo  /.so when memory card is inside reader and we wiev my copmuter we can see logog not empty os icon

a1ex

Here you go: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=60749.0

As this method is used by many viruses, I don't think ML should have it.

scrax

I've designed an icon by myself without copyright problems, click the image to download (info to install in the package)
UPDATE: Windows, Linux and Osx files, autorun.inf for windows and a lot of png for Linux

For osx .VolumeIcns is all what's needed so once we have something nice it will be easy to add to the zip.

I was thinking of making something similar for card prepared with MLTools but not yet done a good graphics for it. Suggestion?
(On osx most of the app are distributed with own icons).

Just to remember it (form me basically): On osx official SD icon is there (also other drives type): /System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/SD.icns

This is what i got but since the card icon is copyrighted i can't share it, I'll just add ML icon instead for now:

Just the ML Logo as icon for your card on OSX (unzip on card, it's a hidden file so you have to have them enabled to see it):DOWNLOAD
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

drapeama

Quote from: scrax on December 09, 2012, 01:34:35 PM
I was thinking of making something similar for card prepared with MLTools but not yet done a good graphics for it. Suggestion?
Yeah, a Windows version? ;)

Looks good right now. Thanks for sharing!
[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]

scrax

You can make and test the .ico file with this: http://iconverticons.com/online/
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

drapeama

[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]

scrax

Quote from: drapeama on December 10, 2012, 04:47:16 AM
Thanks I'll check that!

Not anymore needed :)

I've made a new icon that has no copyright problems and i've converted it for Win and Linux with that site, so here it is:

click the icon to download the zip with all files for win linux and mac

deleted.account.01

LOL

:D

lokin grate :D

:( cant load it

jplxpto

Quote from: scrax on December 11, 2012, 09:07:00 PM
Not anymore needed :)

I've made a new icon that has no copyright problems and i've converted it for Win and Linux with that site, so here it is:

click the icon to download the zip with all files for win linux and mac

I liked it. Congrats. Simple and elegant at the best level.

A small correction. This icon is protected by copyright. Magic Lanter Copyright :)

drapeama

Thanks! I'll check that later tonight, see if it works for me on Windows.

scrax

Quote from: drapeama on December 12, 2012, 01:54:51 AM
Thanks! I'll check that later tonight, see if it works for me on Windows.
Remember that it needs the text file autorun.inf with:
in it like described on the link posted by Alex

EDIT: I've added the autorun.inf file but not tested, and alittle readme.
updated link: https://bitbucket.org/600Dplus/magic-lantern-things/downloads/ML_SD_card_Icon.zip

deleted.account.01

i rename autorun in side to

[Autorun]icon=ML2.3_icon.ico

its working.. its working :DD

THX no more empty  os icon :DD

scrax

Quote from: MzytengaM on December 12, 2012, 06:09:55 PM
i rename autorun in side to

its working.. its working :DD

THX no more empty  os icon :DD

do you mean it need to bee on one line to work? I'll update the package if so.

I've also tried to save those file (ML2.3_icon.ico, .VolumeIcon-icns and autorun.ini) when formatting card in camera like it's for other ML files.
For mac that will not work since the file will change name after restoring (it's more than 8.3 digits). For windows maybe it will works but not tested.

deleted.account.01

Quote from: scrax on December 12, 2012, 06:14:47 PM
do you mean it need to bee on one line to work? I'll update the package if so.

I've also tried to save those file (ML2.3_icon.ico, .VolumeIcon-icns and autorun.ini) when formatting card in camera like it's for other ML files.
For mac that will not work since the file will change name after restoring (it's more than 8.3 digits). For windows maybe it will works but not tested.

i was like to use the 256x256 ico...

first i done steps from txt.. and everything was fine but after renaming i need to rename it in autorun to ..
first i left it with no rename ( on autorun ) ..everything still was ok but program jsut faild in finding file named .VolumesIcon
. i can rename both.. ico file and autorun ( inside ) but  i just replace files and rename only autorun and i stay with old name with out tricky Doty :D

now i got  :

and i copy on card file with same name   ML2.3_icon.ico

on card i got all in one line but when i Past it here it coming in two lines :D ..weird..
but on card i got in one line

Edit :

i just  add to ico name Dot ..i add in same place dot in autorun ...but .
it not works in this way.. i got now blank ico after i add Dot..
i got all files visible..no hided stuff on my os..

so version with dot not work here .

i just back to previous version...
i just copy your autorun and ML2.3_icon.ico with no changing in autorun and it work just Perfect now

after card formating autorun stay on card but ico file is deleted..and version with dot not work for me  ..
maybe ucan add ML2.3_icon.ico to ML files ?

Edit :

a1ex sayd its not fully save..
if i understand  it good it mean viruses like to use autorun`s to   :D just runing around pc..
and agiain..if i understand  it good maybe its good to set autorun for ReadyOnly ? so in this way no viruses will add some weird stuff to autorun.

Edit :
i just make another test..

i load all files ( auto run and ML2.3_icon.ico )  and everthing is ok..
later i format card in side canon..
Files are not deleted ( autorun and ML2.3_icon.ico ) only renamed to this :

AUTORUN.INF
ML23_I~1.ICO

after formating i put card into card reader and still i can see Icon in my computer..but i click on card and i go inside ,,second later i back to my computer and icon place is Blank..

i was try rename what ~ to _  and i add on end .ico liek in original file.. but ..something weird happend..
file was not renamed only in some weird way anoter file was created with name changes what i just done .

later i  replace autorun with this one what have BIG letters and i add ico file.. this not change nothing ..still blank icon..
but.. after this i deleted  autorun and ico file and ICO (in MY computer )come back O_o ,, after F5 it switch to original OS icon..

so.. i can format card with ico file and autorun .but in some reason after formating in canon files are renamed and they got soem lol new ~ stuff..and they are BIG letters ( capital ? ) ..
Files are not formated what can mean good or bad ..not sure..but they not working propetly..
propadly its possible to fast fix it but ..more eazy way its DELETE autorun and ico later again format in Canon or ML software (but it works here with out extra formating )(what i not use yet ) and just add files again..and all works Grate :D

scrax

Quote from: MzytengaM on December 12, 2012, 06:27:47 PM
i was like to use the 256x256 ico...

first i done steps from txt.. and everything was fine but after renaming i need to rename it in autorun to ..
first i left it with no rename ( on autorun ) ..everything still was ok but program jsut faild in finding file named .VolumesIcon
. i can rename both.. ico file and autorun ( inside ) but  i just replace files and rename only autorun and i stay with old name with out tricky Doty :D

now i got  :

and i copy on card file with same name   ML2.3_icon.ico

on card i got all in one line but when i Past it here it coming in two lines :D ..weird..
but on card i got in one line

Ok, got it...
for win you don't have to rename nothing, only with OsX :)

drapeama

Quote from: scrax on December 12, 2012, 06:32:36 PM
for win you don't have to rename nothing
Everything works like a charm, and with the 256x256 .ico file it's perfect! Thanks for sharing this! I'll post that on hv20.com:
http://www.hv20.com/showthread.php?40434-Major-Magic-Lantern-550d-update!