incamera RAW to JPG theory

Started by scrax, December 08, 2012, 02:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

Since canon saves raw and jpg together i suppose that there could be some way to force it to convert already shot raw pic. Even  if the feat is not a lot useful (can be made in post) i think that finding out how fo do it could explain more how pics are tacken and help in finding how to do other things like noise reduction shoot...
Has anybody already investigated this?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Malcolm Debono

The 60D (and probably other new models too) have the option of processing a RAW image (for example adding effects and cropping) and the result can be saved as a separate JPG. Only works with RAW though (doesn't work with MRAW or SRAW).
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

g3gg0

well, with "FA_RemoteRelease" you can initiate shooting an image and returning the buffer (not sure, to be verified)
to the image into the address you passed as pointer to the function.
when you are done with the processing, you have to free the buffer by calling "FA_FinishRemoteRelease".
if you dont to, the camera will just blink the image count as if you had a slow card.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

scrax

Quote from: Malcolm Debono on December 08, 2012, 09:22:04 AM
The 60D (and probably other new models too) have the option of processing a RAW image (for example adding effects and cropping) and the result can be saved as a separate JPG. Only works with RAW though (doesn't work with MRAW or SRAW).

My 600D too, but can only add those terrible image effects to raw before converting them (no MRAW or SRAW here). It also has a crop function but only for jpeg instead :)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-