[Reparied/HW Defect] 550D and Magic Lantern Startup problem

Started by anvancy, December 07, 2012, 02:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anvancy

Ok after a long gap updating the thread.

I gave the camera to the service center and received it back today.

They claimed moisture had been accumulated in the shutter button area. Hmm.the button was feeling stiff during usage.

They said they thoroughly cleaned the camera and dried it.As of now its working.My friend is going to test it for a week and tell me the results.

Hope its solved.

Anvancy

anvancy

So the latest update is this.

The other day the camera just shut down.now my usual survival system of battery removal and putting it again after some time is not working.the thing is totally bricked it seems.

Any bring back to life tips?

Alex any pointers?

Time to visit the service center yet again.

Anvancy

anvancy

After questioning the way of service canon did for my first repair, they took back the camera and escalated the repair procedure to their senior engineer here.Upon investigation, the contact points for the battery, i.e. the connection points for the battery and the main circuit were corroded. That is why the camera was receiving power when the contact points were getting actually connected.

They have changed the contact unit and the camera is under testing.Lets now hope the problem is solved.

Anvancy

anvancy

The mods can update the thread link to Solved since the service center has changed the corroded part. The camera is working fine as of now.

Thanks for all the help.

Anvancy