600D with ML autofocuses automatically [after] taking a shot

Started by Airazz, December 04, 2012, 05:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airazz

So I just installed Magic Lantern and one annoying thing popped up. When I press the shutter button, it focuses, takes a shot and (I immediately release the button at this time) it auto focuses again. Then none of the other buttons work until I make a shot or at least half-press the shutter button.

If I take a second shot after it focused by itself, it then starts working normally, shows the preview of that last image, etc.

This does seem like it's autobracketing or something like that, but as far as I can see, all such features are turned off. How do I get rid of this autofocusing?

Oh, I also noticed that just slightly tapping the shutter button causes it to focus all the way. Even if I release the button mid-focus, it still continues focusing. Why? How do I stop that?

a1ex

Airazz

I am ashamed to admit that I have no idea where to find that and how to disable it, if it's ON.

kihlbahkt

Giving the user documentation a good read will help with not knowing about how ML works. If the problem is sticky halfshutter then you can nav to Prefs>Misc key settings and change it there.
600D x2

Airazz

Thanks, that fixed the issue.

I think I'll go read the manual now.