Showreel 2012

Started by Malcolm Debono, December 03, 2012, 03:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Debono

Since 2012 is slowly coming to an end, I've made a quick cut of some projects I worked on this year. All footage was shot on the 5D2 and 60D, each running ML. Both timelapses included where shot using ML's intervalometer. The live view tools I use are histogram, zebra, cropmarks and focus assist (especially when using prime lenses).

Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Francis

Very nice! Your wedding work is gorgeous. Malta looks to be a beautiful place.

kihlbahkt

Really nice Malcolm. Looks like it was a good year.
600D x2

Malcolm Debono

Thanks for the nice comments!

Francis, although Malta is quite a small island, there are some beautiful views & locations around  :)
C100 & 6D shooter

Gilpin

Nice work man.  Very smooth.

deleted.account.01

nice video Malcolm :D

i got some video tip for you :D 

u will love it :) .. do this step by step

1. set lens on lowest mm . lets say 18 mm
2. set focus on Manual
3.find object with some wide background
now importand
4. start moving slowly back and keep your object in center of view
5. in same moment when u moving back move focus slowly to more high values (lets say from 18mm to 55mm depend of lens u use ) and still keep ur main object in midle of screan
6. u will see some optical ilusion effect  ur main object will stay in focus but background :) .. u will see ;)
7. u must synhronize ur moves with moving focus on lens and will be best if u keep all screan sharp

u can make all this in oposite way ..i mean lens..from 55 to 18 .. .just test it and  love it

Malcolm Debono

Thanks guys  :)

@MzytengaM: Thanks for the tip. That effect you described is called the vertigo effect (named after Hitchcock's Vertigo). Quite difficult to achieve on DSLRs since it's difficult to get a smooth zoom while shooting. We usually use it with studio or eng cameras :)
C100 & 6D shooter

deleted.account.01

:D  i was always wonder how its is called :D thx u to

jgerstel