[PICS!] Inside the canon 1100D

Started by Simon, October 28, 2012, 03:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

started spraying the PCBs and some metal parts with rust converter spray ..... lets see what it does. I`ll post the results tommorow.

@nanomad  heres the picture you asked for http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/img3543a.jpg/

The very small part of the fcc cable is for the connection in the battery bay

1%

You should have used alcohol and brushed it. The rust on traces is what causes problems. If they rusted all the way through you would have to fix it with solder, etc. You can possibly revive it.

nanomad

That photo isn't really helpful  :-\
It would be interesting to trace the "dots" inside the battery bay and see where they go
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Simon

they go directly to the main PCB ! ill post a picture !

Simon

@ 1%  i did that already :) but still a little bit corrosion on some parts ( way better than before). But the metal hood that covers the digic 4 is rusted badly. so i spraid it also with rust remover. i dont think the camera will ever work again. im just trying to make it look shine and send it in to canon service.

Ill also sand down the corroded fcc cables. we`ll see what happens. maybe she will be usable again but i dont really think so

Simon

Simon

Update:
Sent the camera to Canon service yesterday .... let's see what happens :)

Simon

Bad News  :(
Canon Service wont replace the camera. The replacement cost would be 350€. And they charge 20€ for that diagnosis plus tax plus shipping back to me :(

As soon as i have it back i´ll send it to nanomad so he can take some pictures of it.

1%

Yea, most service centers won't touch water damage. Even after you replace what's broken the corrosion can come back to break more.