Colaborative Hack Idea: PV and ML working togheter for HDR

Started by apefos, December 02, 2012, 01:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apefos

GH2 720p 50p and 60p is good resolution and GH3 can do 1080p 50p and 60p, this is perfect for HDR video using the Magic Lantern Firmware principle.

So the suggestion is Vitaliy Kiselev from Personal View  and Magic Lantern team work together to implement HDR video to the GH2 / GH3.

nanomad

Well it all depends on how the gh2 hack works... Is the source available for download somewhere?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

apefos

Thanks for reply. I do not know if the GH2 hack is open source because I do not understand computer programing, but I know the the following links allows to download the original camera firmware, the hack program to modify the firmware and have instructions in how to upgrade the firmware after modifications, maybe this can be a start point to implement the HDR video to the GH2:

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/51201

nigelbb

There is no real comparison between the GH2 hack & Magic Lantern. The GH2 hack i just a way of accessing the internal controls of the camera & adjusting them e.g. increasing bit rate etc. there are no extra features. Magic Lantern is a fully featured reverse engineered additional interface with a load of extra features e.g. zebras peaking Magic Zoom HDR etc