Audio input problem with Magic Lantern 2.3?

Started by patsvw, December 06, 2012, 09:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patsvw

I've been running a previous version, which worked really well with audio input from a wireless Sony mic, but just ran Magic Lantern 2.3 & now can't seem get the external input to work. Anyone else run into this? And...is there an archive of previous versions incase I can't fix this?

nanomad

Can you explain your issues in greater details?
Also, it would be nice if you could:

- Upload the content of the ML folder on the card (this contains the settings used by ML)
- Make a short video of the issue you're having
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

patsvw

I'll upload the card contents tomorrow(the cameras I'm using ML on are at work,University Journalism). The problem is I'm just not getting the audio signal into the cameras & I presume it's the ML update(the mics are still working fine on a Canon 60D that has an earlier version of ML installed). The internal mic certainly sounds better without AGC...but I'd really like to be able to use the external mics again...I've been a big ML booster, love the audio display and quality upgrade!

patsvw

..and the cameras with the problem are two T2i (550D)
/pat

Malcolm Debono

Some things to check:
- Audio is enabled from Canon menu
- Audio source is set to external stereo from ML's audio menu
- Increase analogue gain and check if you get any changes

You can also try deleting ML config to restore default settings and see if that does any changes.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

drapeama

Just a thought: Audio > Mic Power > On (Low Z)?
Some external microphone don't run on batteries but requires plug-in power. Had the same issue with my Zoom H2 and my Azden EX-503 Lav.
[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]