Writing log files

Started by mi360_sergej, December 03, 2012, 10:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mi360_sergej

Hi guys,

i want to make some small changes of ml because i need a special bracketing function...
so i set up cygwin and everything under win7, it works, i can compile and everything is fine.

the only problem i have is about logging. the only thing i get are these ROM0 and ROM1 .bin files in "ML\LOGS". i read on the wiki that there is a way to write out the log file as a .txt file in the root directory of the SD card. but how to do that?

i tried already adding CONFIG_DEBUGMSG     = 1 to the makefile, debug.timed-dump = 1 in the config file,...

on another forum i read that i have to call dmstart(); ... but where in the code should i do this?

sorry for these maybe simple questions but i'm new to C and ML-Development.

i would really appreciate your help! thanks!

gerk.raisen

Hello sergej,

please speak about what function you want, maybe it can also be useful for other people, or another idea can start from it  :)

Thank you.

mi360_sergej

Hey..

it is about hdr-bracketing. i already discussed this topic here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3694.0

i want to make the bracketing function stop when reaching the shortest exposure time. also if the chosen brackets number was not reached yet.

to do this i want to print some debug-messages, but i don't know where to activate debugging correctly so that i have some log-files in the root-directory of the sd-card :(

mi360_sergej

ok, i got it to work... but there are less messages in the logfile than there should be...
actually there are almost none of ML-messages....

:-\ did someone have the same problem?

a1ex

Correct, these logs are trimmed by Canon code. You can just print things on the screen (bmp_printf).

mi360_sergej

hmmm.. do i have to call some function or activate something for bmp_printf - messages to appear on the screen?
because they don't show up. for testing i placed one in the run_test() method in debug.c, but it doesn't appear when i click don't click me...

scrax

Quote from: mi360_sergej on December 04, 2012, 08:52:45 AM
hmmm.. do i have to call some function or activate something for bmp_printf - messages to appear on the screen?
because they don't show up. for testing i placed one in the run_test() method in debug.c, but it doesn't appear when i click don't click me...
Make a search for it on the code to see how to use it.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-