Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phhoenyxx

Quote from: NikeFreak on June 04, 2013, 12:47:38 PM
tell whether the function is implemented digital zoom while recording video, which is in the 600d and 700d, is it worth to wait for it to 650d?

OMG... For the last time, there is no digital crop zoom on the T5i/700D. All the sites that said so were wrong. I have never seen a lie perpetuated for this long before. I feel bad for all the people who decided to buy a T5i/700D after reading such misinformation thinking that the digital crop zoom had returned. It hasn't. Get over it. If you want it, get the T3i/600D.

I wonder if Canon is the one who started this lie in order to convince people to buy the T5i/700D over the now less expensive yet identical T4i/650D...
"Amp up and amplify! Defy! I'm a brother with a furious mind!"

Cliff

Quote from: nanomad on June 03, 2013, 08:50:14 PM
It should be working already in the repository. Let me know if it doesn't

I just installed what I think is the latest code and I dont see movie restart anywhere. A few weeks ago it was there but I could not get it to work.

Thanks for all you do! Keep it up!

Cliff

1ricca

Quote from: nanomad on June 04, 2013, 10:52:27 AM
Pick one:
- Tearing MagicZoom
- In sync MZ but all camera buttons unusable when enabled except for the MZ trigger key.

THIS PLZ! - In sync MZ but all camera buttons unusable when enabled except for the MZ trigger key.

NikeFreak

Phhoenyxx  that is for the 650d digital zoom will not be?
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

30dbs

Huge thanks to all the people involved in this project, I've played with a couple of builds and am loving some of the extra features. (especially sokoban  :) )

Can I ask a question about raw and its benefits when shooting greenscreen?

I want to do some green screen shooting soon, I'm assuming raw would be ideal for this. but at the lower resolution (<720p instead of 1080p) will it still be noticeably better to hang on for raw?

I imagine that increasing the bitrate to 1.3X and then scaling the compressed 1080p video down to 720p will reduce a lot of the problems introduced by the compression.

or does the h.264 compression on the 650d do more than just reduce pixels, does it lower bit count for each channel too etc?

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic!

Phhoenyxx

Quote from: NikeFreak on June 04, 2013, 05:15:17 PM
Phhoenyxx  that is for the 650d digital zoom will not be?

Digital Crop Zoom is ONLY on the T3i/600D! BOTH the T4i/650D AND the T5i/700D DON'T HAVE IT!

Will ML be able to add it to the T4i/650D and the T5i/700D? Maybe, but it's not a default feature of those cameras.

NikeFreak

Quote from: Phhoenyxx on June 04, 2013, 05:18:57 PM
Digital Crop Zoom is ONLY on the T3i/600D! BOTH the T4i/650D AND the T5i/700D DON'T HAVE IT!

Will ML be able to add it to the T4i/650D and the T5i/700D? Maybe, but it's not a default feature of those cameras.
I know that it is not in 650V, I asked whether it would make ML.
6D ML + Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 + Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS II + Canon 50mm F1.8 STM + Zenitar 16mm F2.8 + Canon SpeedLite 430EX II
650D ML + Canon 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 STM + Helios 44-2 58mm F2.0
500D ML + Canon 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS II + Canon 18-55 mm F3.5-5.6 IS

Phhoenyxx

Quote from: NikeFreak on June 04, 2013, 05:54:18 PM
I know that it is not in 650V, I asked whether it would make ML.

I don't know, but I hope so. It would be a cool extra feature to have, but I have a feeling Canon needed to remove it because it conflicted with the new on-sensor phase detections pixels added on their new Hybrid-CMOS sensors. They probably couldn't have digital crop zoom and the on-sensor phase detection pixels at the same time/place. My guess is that if ML is able to add it, they would need to do so by disabling the on-sensor phase detection pixels. It will most likely be one or the other, but not both at the same time. That's just my theory though. I don't really know much about this stuff.

dngrhm

Quote from: 30dbs on June 04, 2013, 05:16:09 PM
Huge thanks to all the people involved in this project, I've played with a couple of builds and am loving some of the extra features. (especially sokoban  :) )

Can I ask a question about raw and its benefits when shooting greenscreen?

I want to do some green screen shooting soon, I'm assuming raw would be ideal for this. but at the lower resolution (<720p instead of 1080p) will it still be noticeably better to hang on for raw?

I imagine that increasing the bitrate to 1.3X and then scaling the compressed 1080p video down to 720p will reduce a lot of the problems introduced by the compression.

or does the h.264 compression on the 650d do more than just reduce pixels, does it lower bit count for each channel too etc?

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic!
I think 422 is the best you can do with the h.264 that comes out of the normal vid recording.  Getting 444 video even at 8-bit is much better for keying.  I'm not familiar with the RAW post processing, but I think 444 is possible and will help keying on the edges of your subject.  I'll leave the technical discussion on why to a google search.  It has been discussed a time or two.  hint: 422 chroma key
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

blade

Pick one:
- Tearing MagicZoom
- In sync MZ but all camera buttons unusable when enabled except for the MZ trigger key.

I really like having MZ, and it is not really optimal to use as is was now....  If i am using it, i would at least have to be able to use shutter right? So i will still go for the tearing MZ....   
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Gorilla

Pick one:
- Tearing MagicZoom

I'd rather have MZ in sync, even at the expense of being able to use other buttons.
Canon T4i - Canon 50mm 1.4 - Samyang 35mm 1.4

blade

if i understand correct, you can only turn it on and off, nothing else....
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Dogfish

Quote from: Gorilla on June 04, 2013, 09:02:02 PM
I'd rather have MZ in sync, even at the expense of being able to use other buttons.

Agreed.

En veritas

I would much prefer the tearing MZ options as I have shot 3 projects using this build and I find it useful to be able to start recording and change settings with MZ enabled.

Also I don't really find the tearing MZ that distracting, I can still use it to check my focus easily and find it much more convenient than using the canon zoom.

Just my opinion!
Canon 650D | 18-55 Kit Lens, EF 50mm 1.8, various old FD lenses | SanDisk Extreme and Extreme Pro SD Cards.

adrian2013

Please can you tell me where to find the menu icon EXPO I just installed this software and I often can not find or is a problem with firmwere

cwmane

Hello, I've been looking all day but I can't seem to find them.  Can somebody please link me to where the nightly builds are being posted and can be downloaded from?  Thank you!!!

Walter Schulz

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 05, 2013, 07:09:40 AM
You may want to use satriani's daily builds: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hxsv61cq992egmy/BtTgp4q6i0

Ciao, Walter
guys please write a change log if u can, people can figure out what are the changes

Walter Schulz

There *is* a change log ...

Ciao, Walter

adrian2013

Please can you tell me where to find the menu icon EXPO I just installed this software and I often can not find or is a problem with firmwere

Emiils

Could it be possible to bypass this error with magic lantern?

And what's about that flickering in movie mode? Or i'm the only one who has this problem?

Phhoenyxx

Quote from: Emiils on June 05, 2013, 04:05:50 PM
Could it be possible to bypass this error with magic lantern?

And what's about that flickering in movie mode? Or i'm the only one who has this problem?

I'm not an expert, but I don't think that's related to the firmware or to ML. You should do what it says. Clean the contacts. Remove the lens and try another one if you can. If the problem persists, contact Canon.

Joerg

There is a thread on old Sigma lenses that cause this error:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1749.0
Could this be your problem?

dngrhm

Quote from: adrian2013 on June 05, 2013, 03:47:06 PM
Press the trashcan when you are not in playback (reviewing the pics you just shot) mode.  To save you another post, press info several times if global draw is not working.  Check this out for questions about features http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide
If the ML menu doesn't come up when you push the trashcan, you either are in playback mode or ML is not installed correctly. (make sure your camera and SD card are boot enabled. there are posts on how to do this)
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

iSw3de

Hello!
I'm pretty new to this, I got my 650D in front of me, but I can't find any download for ML on the site, where is it, or is there one?

2nd Question, if a installation fails, is there anything you can to to fix the camera?