Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanta

ahhhhh, the strange dots is killing me.......i wish i can help but i have almost forgot what i learned about C programming
650D 18-135mm kit, 50-1.8 lens
hoping it can do faster than 45MB/s on RAW video mode......

lordgnagey

Quote from: xanta on May 31, 2013, 10:25:55 AM
That one was great! i wonder what SDcard you used for this, and is there any frame skipped?
i have my own 650D tested but the res must be set to 1280*720 so that it will not skip frames too soon

another problem i have now is the strange red and blue dots on the picture as i posted before

I used a SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s

Red and blue dots are part of the colorful apparition that I have been complaining about. They are burned into the image sadly, Nanomad is trying to clear these up. I have to use Color and Luminance noise reduction in photoshop which seriously degrades the detail of the image.

No frames skipped.
"You're all freaks, sir. But you always have been freaks. Life is a freak. That's its hope and glory."  - The Robot Bartender

xanta

Quote from: lordgnagey on May 31, 2013, 11:20:41 AM
I used a SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s

Red and blue dots are part of the colorful apparition that I have been complaining about. They are burned into the image sadly, Nanomad is trying to clear these up. I have to use Color and Luminance noise reduction in photoshop which seriously degrades the detail of the image.

No frames skipped.

what about the writing speed while recording? i am using a Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s card and the writing speed is 34-35MB/s, under 1280*720 frames were skipped at about 300th frame then it keeps skipping, but if i use a 1280*692(1.85:1) then no frames were skipped

erka

Hi,
Can someone give me link of ML with rawVid? I cant find it in posts.
Thanks!

Walter Schulz

lordgnagey

Quote from: xanta on May 31, 2013, 11:27:41 AM
what about the writing speed while recording? i am using a Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s card and the writing speed is 34-35MB/s, under 1280*720 frames were skipped at about 300th frame then it keeps skipping, but if i use a 1280*692(1.85:1) then no frames were skipped

Write speed was estimated at 35.2MB/s. It labored around 33-36 and usually didn't spike any higher. I really wish we could max out the 50MB/s write speed, or even come close to 45... That would add a world of new resolution options.

However 1440 : 614 at 2.35:1  Is an acceptable option in my eyes. It's viewable angle isn't quite 2-perf Techniscope however it is still a tad larger than M4/3.

M4/3 2.35 -  17.30mm x 7.36mm
1440raw 2.35 - 18.24mm x 7.75mm
Techniscope 2.33 - 22.00mm x 9.47mm
"You're all freaks, sir. But you always have been freaks. Life is a freak. That's its hope and glory."  - The Robot Bartender

xanta

Quote from: lordgnagey on May 31, 2013, 12:17:40 PM
Write speed was estimated at 35.2MB/s. It labored around 33-36 and usually didn't spike any higher. I really wish we could max out the 50MB/s write speed, or even come close to 45... That would add a world of new resolution options.

However 1440 : 614 at 2.35:1  Is an acceptable option in my eyes. It's viewable angle isn't quite 2-perf Techniscope however it is still a tad larger than M4/3.

M4/3 2.35 -  17.30mm x 7.36mm
1440raw 2.35 - 18.24mm x 7.75mm
Techniscope 2.33 - 22.00mm x 9.47mm

my card speed is the same performance as your 95 on 650D, i tried your 1440*614 and there is no skipped frames too
but the recording may stop itself automatically and suddenly, not because of the buffer is full, the screen is off and the reflex is closed, i can here that click sound, could you understand what i mean? and when i dump the RAW file to the raw2dng.exe the cmd window flashed and showed me nothing, i mean the raw2dng couldn't process the suddenly-stopped raw file

photokid

Hi lads, what funtions are working safely on the pre alpha that is linked on page 59?? I would be hoping to use the kelvin temperature setting, cropmarks and the histograms and some other funtions from the overlay menu. magic zoom.. vectorscope. all that jazz. Great work with the RAW video aswell I hope the developers get the results the are looking for, and thanks for the time and hard work you are all putting in to this.

Walter Schulz

It has. Go to "Modules" (last tab to the right) -> Load modules now
Now return to "Movie" and look at the bottom of the list.

Ciao, Walter

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 31, 2013, 02:09:45 PM
It has. Go to "Modules" (last tab to the right) -> Load modules now
Now return to "Movie" and look at the bottom of the list.

Ciao, Walter
thnx bro. can any one focus audio recording. i think its so important than raw videos. raw is important too bt audio is a must

satriani

Hey guys,
to be always up to date, use the "Daily compiled builds from the last ML source" or take a look to my signature. The compilation occurs automatically on my server, then tested on my camera and published.
I will try my best to upload every day. And please don't forget guys, always to report the bugs ;)
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

dngrhm

Quote from: xanta on May 31, 2013, 12:56:27 PM
my card speed is the same performance as your 95 on 650D, i tried your 1440*614 and there is no skipped frames too
but the recording may stop itself automatically and suddenly, not because of the buffer is full, the screen is off and the reflex is closed, i can here that click sound, could you understand what i mean? and when i dump the RAW file to the raw2dng.exe the cmd window flashed and showed me nothing, i mean the raw2dng couldn't process the suddenly-stopped raw file
If your camera auto shuts off during recording of a ML RAW video, the recording is lost.  There is a footer that is written when the recording is stopped.  If ML doesn't get a chance to write this footer to the file, raw2dng has no clue what is in the file (no frame size, no frame count, ...)  The file is lost unless someone has a raw2dng that you can input the necessary info manually (which I don't think exists).
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

lordgnagey

Quote from: xanta on May 31, 2013, 12:56:27 PM

You probably hit the card capacity or the file limit 4.29gb, I'd bet on the latter. Sad thing is I can't see any way of easily recovering that data. You have to watch your GB size with raw_rec. It's very early yet in its development.

But yes keep under that limit and you'll be fine.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: satriani on May 31, 2013, 03:20:42 PMAnd please don't forget guys, always to report the bugs ;)

Thanks for your service!

Bug: Focus stacking

Doesn't work as intended. I tried several options (shots to be taken in front and back, focus step setting) and the result was always the same. Focus is established, takes first shot, the focus plane is shifted forward in a slow pace and then ... surprise ... it takes a fast walk back to the focus point for the first shot and takes the second shot at this very point. Then focus wanders forward where the third shot has to take place (slowly) and again the focus races back to "ground zero" and captures the third shot.
All shots are taken at the very same focus point.
Tried with today's build, too. All the same. Tried with Canon EF 100/2.8 Macro USM and Canon EF 100/2.8 L IS Macro USM.

Ciao, Walter

Aborgh

Quote from: satriani on May 31, 2013, 03:20:42 PM
Hey guys,
to be always up to date, use the "Daily compiled builds from the last ML source" or take a look to my signature. The compilation occurs automatically on my server, then tested on my camera and published.
I will try my best to upload every day. And please don't forget guys, always to report the bugs ;)

What a good guy! Thanks :)

xanta

Quote from: lordgnagey on May 31, 2013, 03:40:52 PM
You probably hit the card capacity or the file limit 4.29gb, I'd bet on the latter. Sad thing is I can't see any way of easily recovering that data. You have to watch your GB size with raw_rec. It's very early yet in its development.

But yes keep under that limit and you'll be fine.

i didn't go that far to 4 gig, just about 1gig or less,good news is that was just a testing video and nothing was important, but thank you all the same for your concern~

Dogfish

I searched the thread and haven't been able to locate anything recently on the subject of movie restart.  Is the plan still to include it at some point?  Not talking about RAW video here, although that would also be interesting if possible.

Thanks for the great work you guys are doing

MarlonSenanayake

Guys stop talking about raw videos. there is much more to do before raw shooting,

nanomad

Why should they stop? :o
What I do suggest though is opening a 650D thread where all the other raw video threads are so that I can keep track of the issues in an easy way ;)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

satriani

Exactly nanomad. The more intense it will be tested and reported bugs, the faster the release is ready for production use :P
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

kostasra

Hey guys,

Which of all these files we put and how ?

Thanks  ;D
Canon 650d with 18-135mm is STM and 50mm f/1.8 II
Flickr account

lynx

BUG:

When I change the ISO during recording, the iso numbers on the bottom of the screen don't change right away.

lynx

BUG:

Gradual exposure causes discoloration when changing between ISO settings.

lordgnagey

Hey guys,

Hey man. I wanted to say I really appreciate the work! And I have tested out the May 31st build. Apologies for being so direct, but with the adjusted frame sizes 1472 width at 2.35 actually pushes us over the limit in terms of the buffer. It no longer allows for continuous recording, because of this I will be using the older build (with 1440) for my 24fps raw tests.

Is there a way to free up more space for alternative resolutions? Could we do this by removing the options above 1728? I think it would be beneficial considering that these higher res options are useless with this camera's capabilities. Personally I would like to see something like 960 1088 1152 1216 1280 1344 1408 1440 1456 1472 1536 1728 as width options to find what res that has enough cushion to allow for continuous recording. 1216 width would probably be the highest 16:9 with continuous recording.

I do understand that you were attempting to keep all resolutions within a multiple of 64 to maximize efficiency of RAW recording, but sadly it has cost us the highest 2.35 resolution that could record continuously at 24fps. And from my perspective, the speed improvements do not outweigh the option for doing longer takes. 1456 which is 22.75 x 64 might be a decent option, but I assume that 1440 will be a safer resolution to work with as neither is a direct multiple of 64.

That aside, I will say that I did test FPS override at 2.5 fps and I got a pretty nice 3.0x CBR h.264 sunrise TL. Now if only we could implement ALL-I frames... :P