Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas_W

Quote from: mattgirvan on May 06, 2013, 07:36:31 PM
Anything happening yet guys? I'm a bit anxious to use the 'test' version as the T4i ain't exactly the cheapest camera out there. But are we looking at a release date soon?

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#when_will_you_release_the_next_version
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

MarlonSenanayake

guys please report ur problems, i only got magic zoom and FPS over ride problem for now, and also there is problem with HDR video, ISO levels jump constantly it dont work properly

Lucas_W

I don't see what the problem with HDR video is? It's meant to change ISO levels in the display to let you preview the two light levels you'll work with.

If you mean on playback it changes ISO, that's how it's supposed to be. Look at the documentation I linked you to before (http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#hdr_video).

If it's something beyond those two, then I guess you have found a unique bug, but you'll probably need to describe it better.

newsense

I tested the HDR video feature and even though I didn't look into it much I was able to use it. I had no problems recording or processing.

OliverD

FPS crashes sometimes after i stop recording

ASSERT: !IS_ERROR(semErr)
at ./EekoApp/Color/WB/LV/LvWbAlgorWrap.c:522, task CLR_CALC
lv:1 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D101
Mercurial changeset   : ca7870e6a59c (unified)
Built on 2013-04-30 13:27:39 by nanomad@workhorse.
Free Memory  : 316K + 3634K

this crash was after recording a few minutes with
0.15 (from24)
optimized for exact FPS

33black

Quote from: nanomad on May 06, 2013, 10:00:30 AM
It's already available but alex disabled it since it can be done with scripts instead (which are not available on the 650D yet).

Btw, known bugs
- [CONFIRMED] MZ not working properly. Got a fix, but it causes lockups.
- [???] FPS Override not working properly. I need a confirmation by more than one guy

When I tried FPS override, it would say 23.94 fps, then just drop to 2.5, and I couldn't select anything else.  Every time I turned it off and then back on, it would say 23.94 for a split second, then just drop to 2.5.

Should it be 23.976?

nanomad

Quote from: 33black on May 06, 2013, 09:25:48 PM
When I tried FPS override, it would say 23.94 fps, then just drop to 2.5, and I couldn't select anything else.  Every time I turned it off and then back on, it would say 23.94 for a split second, then just drop to 2.5.

Should it be 23.976?
You need to configure it before turning it on
Press the q button
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Aborgh

Quote from: newsense on May 06, 2013, 08:28:31 PM
I tested the HDR video feature and even though I didn't look into it much I was able to use it. I had no problems recording or processing.

HDR video works flawlessly been shooting with it quite a lot and it is perfect!
Everything seems to work for me except FPS override and MZ but everyone already knows that!

33black

Quote from: nanomad on May 06, 2013, 09:37:34 PM
You need to configure it before turning it on
Press the q button

Got it.  Just reinstalled.

33black

Ok, set it up to 24 and said "actual fps: 23.976" then it kept randomly displaying "FPS override: 24fps" on the screen, but yeah, live view doesn't work at ALL, so I wasn't able to really do anything.

I tried to record with it, and literally got like a 3 colored garbled screen, had sound though.

wild05kid05

Quote from: nanomad on May 06, 2013, 10:00:30 AM
It's already available but alex disabled it since it can be done with scripts instead (which are not available on the 650D yet).

What's the official name for this function Nomad ? I was digging the script api with no luck.
Cheers

nanomad

Quote from: 33black on May 06, 2013, 11:11:55 PM
Ok, set it up to 24 and said "actual fps: 23.976" then it kept randomly displaying "FPS override: 24fps" on the screen, but yeah, live view doesn't work at ALL, so I wasn't able to really do anything.

I tried to record with it, and literally got like a 3 colored garbled screen, had sound though.
Disable it
Also: what video res and FPS were you using?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

33black

lynx

I am new to this forum, and just successfully installed the alpha 2 on my 650d. Ever thing seems to be working great, though I have not tried to FPS override that everyone is talking about. I LOVE the focus peaking, and it seems to work very well. I tested the HDR right away, and posted the results here: https://vimeo.com/65588885

The way the HDR feature works, I would expect ghosting. But in the second test, there is jittering in the center of the frame, on the face of the tunnel that seems strange. It is probably not a bug, just how HDR works on this camera.

I really LOVE ML, thank you to everyone helping out in the development of ML for the 650d.

PS. I can't wait for some audio features to be released.

buckbullstallion

Nanomad or other developers including the 5DmarkIII team -- do you think it would be possible to port the Multiple Exposure feature that the 5D Mark III has? I do believe they run the same Proc. Just wondering if it could be done and perhaps replace something on the dial setting for this on the 650 D. Please share you thoughts regarding this. thank you.

33black

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: newsense on May 06, 2013, 08:28:31 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?ylluwgbynka63kf this is wat happen wehn HRD function turned on (download and watch it)

Lucas_W

As I've said before and the guide says, that's normal. That's how the HDR Video feature works, it changes the ISO every other frame. As the guide said, you have to use software on a computer to get the final video.

MarlonSenanayake

lol  this is useless option, and waste of time, its easier to use ND filter

kzi2006

Quote from: MarlonSenanayake on May 07, 2013, 08:24:18 AM
lol  this is useless option, and waste of time, its easier to use ND filter

+100! FPS Override, HDR options... FOR WHAT purposes? Only for experiments and for enthuziasts.

Kelvin WB, zebra, cropmarks, some sound features, right ISO and maybe some features for timelapses -  that turns DSLR brick to real video camera and all i need for real shooting.
IMHO)))
EOS 6D, 3xEOS 650D, Canon 24-105, Canon 10-22, Sigma 50-150 2.8 APO HSM, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50 1.4, Samyang 14mm 2.8
https://vimeo.com/kzi/

Ivarss

Quote from: kzi2006 on May 07, 2013, 08:34:24 AM
+100! FPS Override, HDR options... FOR WHAT purposes? Only for experiments and for enthuziasts.

Kelvin WB, zebra, cropmarks, some sound features and maybe some features for timelapses -  that turns DSLR brick to real video camera and all i need for real shooting.
IMHO)))

Awesome will you develop this for us on your free time and give it away for free?

If not then be quiet as you got no idea whats easy to implent and whats hard!

Stop expecting something from a team that do this for FREE and on their FREE TIME and ask NOTHING in return!

They said exposure and such needed props which is usually available in the beta!
Dyxlexia and Dyscalcia has its scars...

Lucas_W

HDR Video is meant for HDR, something that an ND filter won't do.

If you find it useless, you're probably (and are) doing it wrong, else the developers wouldn't have put the time into making it.

The FPS override I think is meant for easy-timelapses, since you don't have to compile the pictures after taking it and you don't have to activate your shutter a 1000 times.

kzi2006

Quote from: Ivarss on May 07, 2013, 08:41:09 AM
Awesome will you develop this for us on your free time and give it away for free?

I can donate or bought ml because i earn money with shooting and this software help me in my work last 1.5 year )))
EOS 6D, 3xEOS 650D, Canon 24-105, Canon 10-22, Sigma 50-150 2.8 APO HSM, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50 1.4, Samyang 14mm 2.8
https://vimeo.com/kzi/

33black

I think at this point people should only respond to anyone that's posting vital testing information, or any of the admins working on the release that are asking vital questions.

There's 52 pages in this thread now, and only about 4 of them are relevant information.  The rest are people asking when it's going to be done, complaining about it, and then people pointing out to them that they're stupid and it's free software, etc. etc.

Can we delete and start over?

33black

Here's a crash log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10903383/CRASH00.LOG

I turned on FPS override, switched to movie mode, obviously live view not working, turned off FPS in movie mode, and it crashed.  There's the log.