Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarlonSenanayake

nomad can u please unable manual white balance option insted ow presets and custom whitebalance

nanomad

Quote from: MarlonSenanayake on May 01, 2013, 07:01:36 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?72vh8vja86y5jdc this is the two boxes i mentioned, small pink lines appear on screen when switch to photo mode, and also flicker ini video mode
That's exactly the indicator of the region analyzed by magic zoom
Flickering and corruption will be fixed in the next build
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Lucas_W

Is there any difference in the files you released and the custom-compile with the source-code?

@Newsense Why bother downloading the VM when you can get the .fir here? https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/99bd629f7c5712346369840e64c04fd2d4576520/platform/650D.101/devkit/650D-safe-dumper.fir?at=unified
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

nanomad

Quote from: Lucas_W on May 01, 2013, 01:01:35 PM
Is there any difference in the files you released and the custom-compile with the source-code?

@Newsense Why bother downloading the VM when you can get the .fir here? https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/99bd629f7c5712346369840e64c04fd2d4576520/platform/650D.101/devkit/650D-safe-dumper.fir?at=unified

The source version may have more fixes. Props are disabled there too
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Lucas_W

But wouldn't the link be the updated version while the one that's included in the VM out-of-date?

Unless you're suggesting that doing 'make 650D' also makes a .fir?

nanomad

Ah, you were talking about the .fir :D
That one rarely changes, but it's always worth checking out the latest source code in the event it got changed.

Lucas_W

Perhaps, except it takes 5 seconds to download the .fir and on my connection about 45 minutes for the VM image :P Luckily I used my School's fibre and it only took 5 minutes.

EDIT: Oh right, you were talking about the first part of my original post for your reply.  Oops.

MarlonSenanayake

roterrion

will you be providing exposure (iso, aperture, shutterspeed, etc) menu as in first pre alpha on the alpha? even though i could use ML EV on the video menu to get 85, 160, 320 iso. but i just miss it :p. just asking.
EOS 650D, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 HSM, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm II f1.8, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 32GB UHS-I 300x
http://youtube.com/roterrion
http://vimeo.com/roterrion

nanomad

Expo override mostly requires props... it will be in the betas

laame

Clock in live view ignores time zone.
Camera time is set to GMT+2 w/ summer time (+3) but ML outputs it w/o thoes settings.

MarlonSenanayake

Quote from: roterrion on May 01, 2013, 02:25:10 PM
will you be providing exposure (iso, aperture, shutterspeed, etc) menu as in first pre alpha on the alpha? even though i could use ML EV on the video menu to get 85, 160, 320 iso. but i just miss it :p. just asking.
how to change iso. is there any specific way. i mean insted of iso button, i cant change ML iso

Lucas_W

Movie > Image Finetuning > ML Digital ISO

StreetShotz

Any chance of getting the 01_650d_dumper.rar file to make my 650D bootable?

Would really like to give this a try on the camera but it seems unless you have experience with a previous ML offering you are stuck and there is no clear information on how to get things up and running on the 650D.
I understand that if done incorrectly that there is a risk of damaging the camera but I still want to try this out.

Can anyone provide me with the appropriate files and install procedure to get this working?

laame

Quote from: StreetShotz on May 01, 2013, 07:04:15 PM
Any chance of getting the 01_650d_dumper.rar file to make my 650D bootable?

Would really like to give this a try on the camera but it seems unless you have experience with a previous ML offering you are stuck and there is no clear information on how to get things up and running on the 650D.
I understand that if done incorrectly that there is a risk of damaging the camera but I still want to try this out.

Can anyone provide me with the appropriate files and install procedure to get this working?

If you follow this thread carefully, than you have all the info you need to get PreAlpha2 running on your camera.
If you can't figure it out with all this delicious information, than you're better off w/o playing with PRE alpha.

StreetShotz

Quote from: laame on May 01, 2013, 08:37:15 PM
If you follow this thread carefully, than you have all the info you need to get PreAlpha2 running on your camera.
If you can't figure it out with all this delicious information, than you're better off w/o playing with PRE alpha.

As helpful as this is I have never installed ML on a camera before. I have however, had the pleasure of using it on a few cameras and was greatly impressed.

With 46 pages to sort through and so much "do this, don't do this, use this, unstable this...."

I'm good with everything except making the camera bootable. If anyone is willing to help (read: not just say above commented information as it is no help at all) I would be hugely appreciative. If not then I keep waiting.

kazeone

Quote from: StreetShotz on May 02, 2013, 12:33:58 AM
As helpful as this is I have never installed ML on a camera before. I have however, had the pleasure of using it on a few cameras and was greatly impressed.

With 46 pages to sort through and so much "do this, don't do this, use this, unstable this...."

I'm good with everything except making the camera bootable. If anyone is willing to help (read: not just say above commented information as it is no help at all) I would be hugely appreciative. If not then I keep waiting.

one word "youtube" :)

laame

Quote from: StreetShotz on May 02, 2013, 12:33:58 AM

The answer you are seeking was just a couple posts behind.
I hope it helps, worked for me. But be carefull.

Quote from: Lucas_W on May 01, 2013, 01:01:35 PM

StreetShotz

And were up and running... Now it time to learn how to work everything :) Thanks all!!!!

StreetShotz

Wish there was somewhere else I could ask, but I have it installed now, everything looks great but none of the features seem to work at all....

Zebras, Focus Peaking...both on, overlay is selected for LiveView but I get nothing....I hate being a noob

Slasklita

Quote from: StreetShotz on May 02, 2013, 02:04:11 AM
And were up and running... Now it time to learn how to work everything :) Thanks all!!!!
How did you get it to work? If i may ask :)

greenthoughts

Quote from: StreetShotz on May 02, 2013, 02:23:31 AM

Zebras, Focus Peaking...both on, overlay is selected for LiveView but I get nothing....I hate being a noob

Try pressing the info button while in LiveView.

StreetShotz

Quote from: greenthoughts on May 02, 2013, 03:19:55 AM
Try pressing the info button while in LiveView.

Downloaded the fir file listed a couple posts above.
Downloaded the 650D Alpha2 file
Downloaded the program to make the SD card bootable.

formated SD card, dropped fir onto sd card, updated firmware on camera, removed SD card and installed ML Alpha2 650D made the SD bootable and installed into camera....BOOM!!! This is the greatest day since....yesterday!

faern

Does this version of ML allow reverting to the original firmware temporarily and permanently as outlined in this FAQ?:
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#does_magic_lantern_completely_replace_canon_firmware
Canon 650D + Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC

StreetShotz

From the reading I have done you can revert back to original "Canon" stuff simply by running the Bootfix file...I may be mistaken, but I do believe you can go back to just Canon firmware.