Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazeone

Quote from: Chicolom on April 29, 2013, 09:55:15 AM
Check to see if you have "Lens Correction > Chromatic Aberation Correction" ENABLED on the camera.  If it is ENABLED, the camera will behave exactly as your describing (it will burst for 2 shots and then slow down) whenever it is writing JPEGS (includes RAW + JPEG).

which if your using say Adobe Lightroom you can use its Lens correction profiles to do this for you instead of the camera

Lucas_W

I set mine to enabled chromatic aberration correction and I can still burst shoot at ~5 frames. My SD card is 45mbytes/s though.
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

oli650d

Correction of l 'aberration chromatic 3 photographs then slowing down  :P
I deactivate it: nobody more of slowing down i to stop before filling the card sd  :)
Eos m , Eos 70d canon 18-135 STM :canon 50mm f1.8 : tamron  SP 70-300 f4/5.6 VC : SD eye-fi 4Go/Sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s 8Go:flash yongnuo YN565EX / YN560 II: tube extention macro 31;21;13mm : tamron SP 90mm DI f2.8:sigma 17-50 ex f2.8: efm 22mm...70D.111A

ejszarny

Check to see if you have "Lens Correction > Chromatic Aberation Correction" ENABLED on the camera.  If it is ENABLED, the camera will behave exactly as your describing (it will burst for 2 shots and then slow down) whenever it is writing JPEGS (includes RAW + JPEG).
thank you man!
i check it and disable, now shot 3 pic and after then slow down a little bit.
thank you :)

lostear

Oh, wow! Thank you! I was pretty satisfied with my ~4 shots before it started slowing down (came from a camera that did 0.1fps). Now, AFTER slowing down, the camera still does at least 1.5 shots per second which is much better than before. It takes me about 8 to 9 shots before it started slowing down. I had attributed the higher fps I have seen mentioned elsewhere to a higher speed card (I got a 45mbps card).

InFocusAV

Quote from: lostear on April 28, 2013, 09:34:35 PM
This.

I was disappointed until last week when I had to do a lot of video shooting. Did some research for best setting for green screen and found out various tip and tricks to set up the camera for better video recording. The quality is so much better now.
Where did you find these tips because I just purchased a t4i for my church and they do a lot of green screen announcements but when I shot one of the videos last week with MY t4i, I noticed it picked up the fabric lines (it was a spandex green screen material) and I'm not sure how well it's going to key out....PLUS I need to know how to teach my volunteers how to shoot with a DSLR and knowing how to shoot with a green screen would help.  Thank you in advance.

lostear

Quote from: InFocusAV on April 30, 2013, 01:04:13 AM
Where did you find these tips because I just purchased a t4i for my church and they do a lot of green screen announcements but when I shot one of the videos last week with MY t4i, I noticed it picked up the fabric lines (it was a spandex green screen material) and I'm not sure how well it's going to key out....PLUS I need to know how to teach my volunteers how to shoot with a DSLR and knowing how to shoot with a green screen would help.  Thank you in advance.

I just used the setting in the description of this youtube vid. (I'm deaf, i have no idea what is being said in the video though). My video did not have top quality but is was still a lot better than before. More clearer edges and whatnot. Until seeing this, I had no idea that the picture style setting also impacted the video quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec2qufjpbao

It is not a green screen specific setting. Just getting better quality shot in general should help. If you still need more advice or tip with green screen, PM me and I'll try to help you as far as my limited experience can.

newsense

If the fibers of the fabric are showing blur the background.

1%

I've keyed some exceptionally bad footage... a little fabric isn't too bad. Lighting is key.

lostear

Quote from: 1% on April 30, 2013, 01:40:03 AM
I've keyed some exceptionally bad footage... a little fabric isn't too bad. Lighting is key.

I agree. Practice working on your keying. I had once shot some bad green screen footage and it was so bad that we thought it was no good. I later went back to these abandoned footages and found out about screen matte which fixed everything for me. Apparently screen matte is a very simple technique. I now can do green screen fairly well thanks more to my better understanding of After Effect than my camera's setting.

Now, let continue this discussion elsewhere, please. We do not want to annoy all of those who subscribed to this thread in hope for any update (Including me, heh).

Aborgh

It feels like the silent picture feature is stealing the thunder! And it should :D Because it is awesome!

nanomad

Time for a second pre-alpha.
This one is targeted at those that already have the bootflag enabled on the camera.

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D.PreAlpha2.zip

Instructions:
- Do a low-level format of the SD card (DO NOT SKIP THIS)
- Enable SD card bootflag using EOSCard or similar
- Copy over the files to the SD card

Known issues:
- Full screen magic zoom is broken

Stuff I'd like to be tested:
- Card benchmark under the debug / benchmarks menu (Post a screenshot if you do)
- HDR video (check if all the frames are in sync, e.g. no half exposed frames). Do this at every possible resolution / fps combination
- Everything else

Build still has props off, so expect some bugs here and there

If you really want to make your camera bootable you can use the devkit available on the repository inside the 650D platform folder). JUST DO NOT RUN THE FIR IN MOVIE MODE, USE PHOTO MODE AND TURN THE DIAL TO M
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

lostear

Quote from: nanomad on April 30, 2013, 03:38:23 PM
This one is targeted at those that already have the bootflag enabled on the camera.

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Apr30.650D.PreAlpha2.zip

Instructions:

Known issues:

- Card benchmark under the debug / benchmarks menu (Post a screenshot if you do)
- HDR video (check if all the frames are in sync, e.g. no half exposed frames). Do this at every possible resolution / fps combination
- Everything else

If you really want to make your camera bootable you can use the devkit available on the repository inside the 650D platform folder)

Yes! Thank you! Installing this right now. I'll report back if I encounter any issues or bugs.

blade

Out in the feeld today, but will install the minute I get home! Tx
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

lostear

Zebras and focus peak is not showing up on liveview.

Even if I have Global Draw enabled on liveview, all of the options on that page is grayed out.

(googled this just to see if I did a newbie mistake and missed something obvious about ML, couldn't find out anything)

a1ex

The help text was red and blinking at some point, but the user interface experts didn't like it ;)

nanomad

Quote from: a1ex on April 30, 2013, 04:06:29 PM
The help text was red and blinking at some point, but the user interface experts didn't like it ;)

Yeah, I don't agree with that choice either.
Anyway, cycle LV screens a couple of times with the INFO button
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

lostear

Quote from: nanomad on April 30, 2013, 04:09:30 PM
Yeah, I don't agree with that choice either.
Anyway, cycle LV screens a couple of times with the INFO button

This helped with the zebras and focus peak. Apologies for the newbie mistake. I'll be testing out everything after this Thursday once I finish all of my end of the semester's projects.

Many thanks to you, Nanomad!

newsense

Instructions:

Known issues:

- Everything else

If you really want to make your camera bootable you can use the devkit available on the repository inside the 650D platform folder). JUST DO NOT RUN THE FIR IN MOVIE MODE, USE PHOTO MODE AND TURN THE DIAL TO M

This is awesome. Woke up to let the cat out and planned on going back to sleep but not after seeing this. I was just wondering if there are any features that are known to be buggy that maybe we should just not use for now? I really want to help test(and check it out for myself) but want to be as cautious as I can with my baby ;)

nanomad

I'd avoid full screen magic zoom and FPS control if you want  to be safe, but that's it

alesis_neo

Good Morning, so excited to finally test out Magic Lantern on my 650D, I tried installing it and went through all the steps, (Low lvl format, EOScard, and passing over the files) and turned on my camera and couldnt get ML to work.
I passed over the ML folder and overwrited the autoexec file that EOScard put in my SD card for the one in the ML pre-alpha. Did I do something wrong?
Canon EOS 650D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | Tamron 11-16mm f/2.8 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4

nanomad

Does your camera have the bootflag enabled?  ::)

Beardymadness

How does one enable the bootflag?

Many thanks
N

Maddoxfotos

Instructions:

Known issues:

- Everything else

So for those that don't have the boot flags enabled we are not able to run this pre alpha?

roterrion

ooooh my god this made my dayyyy!  :D :D :D
EOS 650D, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 HSM, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm II f1.8, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 32GB UHS-I 300x
http://youtube.com/roterrion
http://vimeo.com/roterrion