Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

If you could run the pre-alpha then you can send me a PM
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

QuoteBoot an incompatible firmware version because of the missing firwmare signature check

I think this to be fixed for all digicV... my 113/112 bins would cross boot to black screen and I was like WTF.

Aborgh

I would love to try to run the pre-alpha but since there are no compiled builds around and I do not have the time or skills to compile a build I can not help you!

roterrion

I actually still run the first pre-alpha1 for my videography life. it works and never fails me. therefore i really eager to check out the updates you've been working on. i use it for basic stuff: extra iso, focus peaking(helps a lot), zebra, and cropmarks. the other feature i love is hdr movie and intervalometer. hope you guys will release the most stable alpha ever. cheers! ;D
EOS 650D, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 HSM, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm II f1.8, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 32GB UHS-I 300x
http://youtube.com/roterrion
http://vimeo.com/roterrion

ejszarny

hello there,
first i want to thank you for developers work.
and second: i read roterrion's post and curious, can i test this version?

(and a little bit offtopic: im the only one who disappointed with the 650d image and video quality? )

kazeone

Quote from: ejszarny on April 28, 2013, 09:27:13 PM
hello there,
first i want to thank you for developers work.
and second: i read roterrion's post and curious, can i test this version?

(and a little bit offtopic: im the only one who disappointed with the 650d image and video quality? )

Im not disappointed but then again it comes down to the lens and settings being used.

lostear

Quote from: kazeone on April 28, 2013, 09:30:06 PM
Im not disappointed but then again it comes down to the lens and settings being used.

This.

I was disappointed until last week when I had to do a lot of video shooting. Did some research for best setting for green screen and found out various tip and tricks to set up the camera for better video recording. The quality is so much better now.

ejszarny

Quote from: kazeone on April 28, 2013, 09:30:06 PM
i see too much noise from iso400 and the video is completely a disappointment for me. 3 monts ago i try lots of setting but really not help for me...

kazeone

Quote from: ejszarny on April 28, 2013, 09:44:16 PM
i see too much noise from iso400 and the video is completely a disappointment for me. 3 monts ago i try lots of setting but really not help for me...

well I would say direct this question in the photo forum so we can address it further verses this dev thread. Video was always secondary, if you want dedicated video then you want their C "Cinema" line but ML is working on making that better :)

Shadeena

Sure you're not just under exposed? I've been shooting on the 5D MII and 7D for two years and just started using the 650D and to be honest, cannot justify the price difference when it comes to video (judging by the quality I got from the different cameras)

ejszarny

Quote from: Shadeena on April 28, 2013, 09:49:21 PM
Sure you're not just under exposed? I've been shooting on the 5D MII and 7D for two years and just started using the 650D and to be honest, cannot justify the price difference when it comes to video (judging by the quality I got from the different cameras)
i do not want post too much offtopic, but no, sometimes i try in same position with different expo and settings, and all off them are bad, i think im too lame or this one camera i have a bit worst than other 650ds - or both.
and for example my 650d never shot 3 pic in a row in raw, only 2 and then wait - the factory description say 6 raw in a row.
i think this example what i cant do in wrong way...

1%

Shitty card?

Video quality is OK... not much different than past generations.

On 6D probably doing better than 1DC except for 1DC cropping and mjpeg.

ejszarny

Quote from: 1% on April 28, 2013, 10:04:15 PM
Shitty card?

Video quality is OK... not much different than past generations.

On 6D probably doing better than 1DC except for 1DC cropping and mjpeg.
21MB/s samsung sdhc

1%

Thats like kinda fast enough for digic IV.

You're missing about 9MB there to take up the whole interface.  How big are raws? My 600D is shooting 6 raws in a row.

blade

Do you shoot raw or raw + jpg?   Only raw works fine for me, raw + jpg will make it pause after 3-4 shots if I remember correctly.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

blade

Quote from: 1% on April 28, 2013, 10:35:22 PM
How big are raws? My 600D is shooting 6 raws in a row.

My rawes are up to 27mb

ejszarny

Quote from: blade on April 28, 2013, 10:36:02 PM
Do you shoot raw or raw + jpg?   Only raw works fine for me, raw + jpg will make it pause after 3-4 shots if I remember correctly.
both mode stops after 2pic and after one second shot the third.
i think too little the buffer in camera

lostear

Quote from: ejszarny on April 28, 2013, 10:43:33 PM

I think that it is likely your SD card having too slow mbps write speed. I had the same issue until I upgraded to 45 mbps and it was so much better.

1%

Unless its like EOSM with its impressive 50MB of shoot malloc. You should be able to go at advertised speed unless your cards are too slow.

Remember with SD cards... mind the bits and bytes.

blade

My 650d does work as advertised.  That leaves the card 

newsense

Speaking of card quality. I was on a budget when I got my card and didn't consider the card speed and quality and how it would effect my final output. Anyone know if the Sandisk Ultra 30mbps cards are any good?

oli650d

for me no problem with sandisk mentioned below 95mb/s
Eos m , Eos 70d canon 18-135 STM :canon 50mm f1.8 : tamron  SP 70-300 f4/5.6 VC : SD eye-fi 4Go/Sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s 8Go:flash yongnuo YN565EX / YN560 II: tube extention macro 31;21;13mm : tamron SP 90mm DI f2.8:sigma 17-50 ex f2.8: efm 22mm...70D.111A

nanomad

Quote from: 1% on April 28, 2013, 10:50:52 PM
Unless its like EOSM with its impressive 50MB of shoot malloc. You should be able to go at advertised speed unless your cards are too slow.

Remember with SD cards... mind the bits and bytes.
121 of shoot malloc here.. Should be enough for at least 4 shots in raw (i can get around 6 with a 95 MB UHS card I think)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

How is the buffer in 650D at idle? On EOS M its locked to 30fps like 720 lines... its actually taller & wider in zoom mode.

Chicolom

Quote from: ejszarny on April 28, 2013, 10:43:33 PM

Check to see if you have "Lens Correction > Chromatic Aberation Correction" ENABLED on the camera.  If it is ENABLED, the camera will behave exactly as your describing (it will burst for 2 shots and then slow down) whenever it is writing JPEGS (includes RAW + JPEG).