Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kzi2006

Alex, this is my IMHO)))
But sound level indicator most wanted for daily use/
I shooting wedding with sennhizer radio system attached right in camera and very frustrated about sound)
EOS 6D, 3xEOS 650D, Canon 24-105, Canon 10-22, Sigma 50-150 2.8 APO HSM, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50 1.4, Samyang 14mm 2.8
https://vimeo.com/kzi/

kzi2006

and whole history of ML development begin from disabling AGC as you remember ;)
EOS 6D, 3xEOS 650D, Canon 24-105, Canon 10-22, Sigma 50-150 2.8 APO HSM, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50 1.4, Samyang 14mm 2.8
https://vimeo.com/kzi/

Lucas_W

I thought there already was a sound level indicator on the 650D?
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

teecee

Hi guys if you keep requesting  and requesting,  ML for 650D  will never come out. those functions will be added obviously

AshleyAshes

Quote from: Lucas_W on April 14, 2013, 08:58:47 PM
I thought there already was a sound level indicator on the 650D?

It does but for some silly reason you can only access it and adjust the levels from the menu while not shooting.  So you can go to the menu, see your levels, then exit and start shooting, but you can't monitor live while shooting.

lindemeyer

I am one of the 10 percent.

i think it's done when it's done, right?

Appreciate your work.

Greetings from Germany.

cu-nt

FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS.

IT WILL BE SUMMER AND 650D STILL WONT BE READY. all you saddo's kissing arse, your better off not buying a 650D and having 600D at least you can put ML on it.

IT WILL BE DONE WHEN ITS DONE = NEVER YOU IDIOTS.

i know im getting banned but thats good cause i like to make you laugh and cause shit and stir with the wooden spoon.

IF YOUR GONNA DO IT FUCKING DO IT. stop beating around the bush and telling poor people to stop asking. im telling you now
BAN ME YOU CUNTS

nanomad

I'm not going to ban you because I actually enjoy a bit of drama

(you could also have checked the repo and noticed the port is basically done, it works but it's not safe to be distribuited until we iron out the remaing bugs...feel free to compile it and test it though)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

Lol, its done now just no tidy release for you to consume....

Do you even computers, bro?

teecee

QuoteFUCK OFF YOU CUNTS.

IT WILL BE SUMMER AND 650D STILL WONT BE READY. all you saddo's kissing arse, your better off not buying a 650D and having 600D at least you can put ML on it.

i know im getting banned but thats good cause i like to make you laugh and cause shit and stir with the wooden spoon.

IF YOUR GONNA DO IT FUCKING DO IT. stop beating around the bush and telling poor people to stop asking. im telling you now
BAN ME YOU CUNTS

looooool

dude it will be out all u have to do is ask them for a test u will get ML

steve271

Quote from: cu-nt on April 15, 2013, 09:23:22 PM
F**K OFF YOU C**TS.

... and they try to tell us that the age of sensible debating skill is dead ...

Rtalos

Aw, someone hasn't gotten their banana today! Poor fella.
650D || 24-105 L || 50 1.8 ||

teecee

QuoteAw, someone hasn't gotten their banana today! Poor fella.

looooooool hahaha hehehehe

baga

I guess I've been missing the excitement.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

satriani

Quote from: 1% on April 14, 2013, 05:05:19 PM
650d  uses mvr config. I think FW is just setting the registers. 6D/5d3 encoder may have an image as it seems detached (I just load parameters/config, can't change quality in real time). Looking at registers here would help but they are changed and the old code is still in FW to confuse. Maybe tracing out EKO mode will turn up something.... But these are dedicated chips from TI not generic FPGA or something. Nothing in the references says anything about loading an image.

Only problem is shrinking 4mb 422 data to like 1mb h264/jpeg, etc. Jpeg would already come out at 4:2:2...  You can't increase that 422 data quality unless you resize it.

If you're gung ho about cutting a solid package up (heat gun would only take it off the PCB) just dump the FW and look, maybe you'll see something.

650D still has room for improvement... needs flush rate and QP/slice setting. 6D can push out 400Mb/s... that is like 2MB frame size so 2:1 compression. I'm not able to do flush 1 currently, maybe 650D can. That is solid break your card writing.

Thanks for the info. I hope I have a little time next week to get to grips with the issue.
I have an idea about precompression. My russian colleague has introduced long time ago an interesting method. Let's see if I can find contact with him  ;)

btw, Why have you allowed the post of cu-nt? What good is that?  :o
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

killr0y

Quote from: Chuck J on April 12, 2013, 03:21:01 AM
Ah, I love the reality TV folks switching to DSLR because of the beauty of the image over VIDEO. And news folks, and documentary producers, and advertising productions....

I have a question for this crowd. Are RED and Black Magic Cinema video cameras? And what should we consider the differences are between digital film and video cameras?

There isn't much difference between a "digital film" camera and a video camera.  Traditional film cameras use a framerate of 23.976fps with usually a 180 degree mechanical shutter.  Because of the size of the film format, film cameras can achieve much shallower depth-of-field than a video camera.  With that shallow DOF, you can pretty much throw autofocus out the window, so you need a set-up with a good manual focus.  Usually you have an assistant cameraman (known as a focus puller) keep the focus while the cameraman is filming.

So a "digital film" camera is a video camera that can simulate a 23.976fps framerate with a 180 degree shutter (2x framerate) with a sensor large enough for a cinema-like depth of field, and a way of doing manual focus pulls.  More expensive cameras like your RED's, ARRI's, and even the Black Magic, will also take advantage of the tack-sharp HD sensor by allowing distortion-free prime lenses to be mounted for bleeding edge sharpness.  Most DSLR's like the Canon 5d and APS-C cameras use a non-optimal method for converting the camera sensor data to a 1080p image thereby limiting how sharp a video image can be, and are instead used for their versatility in achieving the filmic look.  Compare them to something like the Lumix GH3 and you'll know what real 1080P looks like. 

If you do photo timelapes, though, even a Canon 550D will put out jaw-dropping ultra sharp videos. 
Of course, I'm waiting for Nano to release an alpha or something so I can get the intervalometer functionality back on my 650D ; )

RogerL

Quote from: cu-nt on April 15, 2013, 09:23:22 PM
FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS.

BAN ME YOU CUNTS
Some of you may think that this is funny, I don't, this type of posting should not be tolerated.  I have been reading all postings and find that there are a lot that do not meet the criteria's for this blog and should not be allowed.  I do however praise the people who are working so hard to develop ML for the 650D and I thank them.  All of you that fail to respect them or ask all those stupid questions, can you please find another way to spend your time.

jimmyD30

Well, although 'cu-nt' was a little over the top, I'm glad you allowed the post and didn't ban him. I'm a big proponent of free speech and all too often come across moderators who take themselves and their forums a little too seriously.

I'm mean, what a boring world this would be if we all thought alike and didn't allow other to freely express themselves, plus I needed a good laugh!

1%

APXmusic

Any possibility on getting the latest build compiled and sent to me? I don't know anything about compiling code. I will be going to Tokyo this coming weekend for a festival and I would like to give the video section a good testing!

Please and thank you!

:D

1ricca

That would actually be pretty cool if someone posted a compiled build for some more of us to test out. I am still running the very first closed pre-alpha on mine and I would love to test out the latest build and report anything over to the thread. I am absolutely dying to get custom WB even semi-working on my 650D.

Anyone care to help out? I just haven't had the time with all my post production to get deep into learning all the nitty gritty of compiling my own yet.

Phillips321

Likewise, I would also like something to play with while waiting for the full release.

Understandably everyone who downloads the early version does so at their own risk but it would be much appreciated.

I need the intervolameter so that I can do a 2 week time lapse of a plant setup I have ready :-)

nanomad

Intervalometer is actually potentially really dangerous so I'm not that willing to distribuite it (it requires props). I'll check again and see if we can push out a build
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1ricca

Have any of the builds been at all successful with enabling Kelvin WB manipulation?