Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loplo

RafaLibrenz

70D + 18-135 STM

Chuck J

Ah, I love the reality TV folks switching to DSLR because of the beauty of the image over VIDEO. And news folks, and documentary producers, and advertising productions....

I have a question for this crowd. Are RED and Black Magic Cinema video cameras? And what should we consider the differences are between digital film and video cameras?

teecee

I bought a Sony a57  before getting  a canon 650D

The problem with Sony a57 you cannot  change to 24p especially a euro version the good thing About canons you can switch to PALL to NTSC and I call that freedom  ;)

One question is the ML  ready or I still have to wait for the full release  cuz I am having  doubts  to try the alpha on my new canon 650D.

Can you please tell us the actual release date for ML

loplo

Actual release date: sooner or later.

teecee

I hope they will add 48fps

250fps for slow motion  ;D

That will be great

1%

If you look at 5d3 rumors, CANON couldn't add 120fps even on dual digic. I bet bit rate from that is insane.

teecee

QuoteIf you look at 5d3 rumors, CANON couldn't add 120fps even on dual digic. I bet bit rate from that is insane.

so its not possible to add 250fps  then

lostear

Not really that familiar with ML but is it possible to lower the resolution of the video for the higher frame rate? Like the 800 something by 600 something resolution? I wonder what is the highest fps a camera like this one can go on that resolution?

alesis_neo

I think we should let them finish the alpha with all the already great features Magic Lantern has before asking for any extra features or it will never come out :)

Keep up the good work!  :D
Canon EOS 650D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | Tamron 11-16mm f/2.8 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4

teecee

im try to update my camera firmware im new at canon cameras im following the instractions but i get this message
eos 650d canon ememory card  containing firmware is required to update

everytime i try everything this message shows up every time

nanomad

Quote from: teecee on April 13, 2013, 06:24:28 AM
im try to update my camera firmware im new at canon cameras im following the instractions but i get this message
eos 650d canon ememory card  containing firmware is required to update

everytime i try everything this message shows up every time

There are no firmware updates out for the 650D
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

satriani

I think that the high fps would be possible with H.265
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

nanomad

Yeah, good luck replacing the HW encoder
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

satriani

This of course means in theory  :)
imho, you could accelerate this at the software level.
Daily builds

1%

The best you can hope for is mjpeg since the camera is able to convert to jpeg data. You can try writing a H265 module in software but it will be running on the slow ass arm processor. Maybe you'll get like 1fps or something.

satriani

so what a problem, we solder the BCM7445 on the board :D
Daily builds

1%

How are you going to take the digic package apart? Lasers?

newsense

Quote from: 1% on April 14, 2013, 04:52:47 AM
How are you going to take the digic package apart? Lasers?

I agree, this is getting silly. We are discussing a serious ML release for a camera that actually exists not building a new one or a Frankenstein 650D. I am happily awaiting any release, beta or otherwise and will test it on my baby anytime. Thanks guys.

satriani

With a infrared heater or heat gun  ;D
Now seriously, maybe you can somehow manipulate encoder firmware.
Daily builds

a1ex

People who lack the most basic common sense are no longer welcome on this forum.

Here's a FAQ for you:
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq?&#troll_questions

pillywright

Hopefully the people in charge of this forum can keep it friendly and respectful. 

1%

QuoteNow seriously, maybe you can somehow manipulate encoder firmware.

650d  uses mvr config. I think FW is just setting the registers. 6D/5d3 encoder may have an image as it seems detached (I just load parameters/config, can't change quality in real time). Looking at registers here would help but they are changed and the old code is still in FW to confuse. Maybe tracing out EKO mode will turn up something.... But these are dedicated chips from TI not generic FPGA or something. Nothing in the references says anything about loading an image.

Only problem is shrinking 4mb 422 data to like 1mb h264/jpeg, etc. Jpeg would already come out at 4:2:2...  You can't increase that 422 data quality unless you resize it.

If you're gung ho about cutting a solid package up (heat gun would only take it off the PCB) just dump the FW and look, maybe you'll see something.

650D still has room for improvement... needs flush rate and QP/slice setting. 6D can push out 400Mb/s... that is like 2MB frame size so 2:1 compression. I'm not able to do flush 1 currently, maybe 650D can. That is solid break your card writing.

kzi2006

hello! Dear developers of ML!
Is it possible to make test version of ML for 650D with sound level indicator ONLY?
Because all another features not needed for 90% users.

I can donate for this version)
EOS 6D, 3xEOS 650D, Canon 24-105, Canon 10-22, Sigma 50-150 2.8 APO HSM, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50 1.4, Samyang 14mm 2.8
https://vimeo.com/kzi/

a1ex