Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckbullstallion

Quote from: Lucas_W on March 12, 2013, 06:48:12 AM
I've compiled myself a magiclantern.bin and autoexec.bin but I'm not sure how to compile the .fir or whatever else I need.

EDIT: I've tried doing "make" in the install/650D folder and it's giving errors that I don't quite understand.  I'll post a link to a log as soon as I can get it out of the VM.

EDIT: Is it acceptable to use 650D-bootfix.fir with a compiled autoexec.bin and ML?

EDIT:
I took the plunge and it worked out-of-the-box when I inserted my card and turned on. (I think I had set my camera's bootflag on a previous experiment).

where did you find all those files to compile?

jaapiyo

You can get the source over at https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/, info on compiling the source can be found on the forum :)
Canon 650d and Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.4 IS USM love'n

33black

I really want to try this pre-alpha.  I'm curious as to what's left to be tweaked in the public alpha.

So in my curiosity, I'm going to try and give this pre-alpha a compile.

Lucas_W

If it's alright with Nanomad, I'd be happy to upload/share my own compiled autoexec.bin and post a guide on how to install it. Although I'm not sure how perfect my compilation and install method was. (Are the help docs meant to be missing?)
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

APXmusic

I would also like to try this but I don't want to screw my camera up. Should I just wait for the public alpha?

baga

Quote from: Lucas_W on March 13, 2013, 07:05:13 AM
If it's alright with Nanomad, I'd be happy to upload/share my own compiled autoexec.bin and post a guide on how to install it. Although I'm not sure how perfect my compilation and install method was. (Are the help docs meant to be missing?)

They weren't on either version I tested.  It's probably one of the last things they do.  They need all the data they collected from testers ,everything working and including new nightly builds others have compiled before they can write help files.

That's my guess anyway. 
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

nanomad

Sorry guys I've literally been overloaded by work :'(
Although it's nice to see someone else took the initiative and compiled a bin
That being said I wouldn't use the autoexec method for the alphas mainly because it's safer if nothing is written on the camera in the first place
Also, and i don't know if your builds has props disabled or not. I don't remember what the source code in the repo has set
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

33black

it's all good.  we're all busy.  I've had a ton of auditions and such.  just looking for something to take my mind off of it.  :)

Lucas_W

What's the alternative method to using the .bin?

Also, how would I know if I do have Props disabled?

tk-germany

Hey @All,
looks were coming forward step by step... i'm sure there lot of people out there cant await to try it out. so maybe someone could upload compiled binfiles... sure its alpha, sure its not stable, but for compilation-noobs it would be a realy big help, to be also able, to test it out :)

Thanks a lot for your hard work,
regards, TK

baga

Quote from: tk-germany on March 14, 2013, 11:23:38 AM
Hey @All,
looks were coming forward step by step... i'm sure there lot of people out there cant await to try it out. so maybe someone could upload compiled binfiles... sure its alpha, sure its not stable, but for compilation-noobs it would be a realy big help, to be also able, to test it out :)

Thanks a lot for your hard work,
regards, TK

The real Alpha will be out shortly I'm sure, just sit tight.  The last pre-alpha was by invite only and that testing is pretty much done.  When they shortly they mean it.    If you've read this whole thread you know the last thing you want to do is keep asking.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

tk-germany

Hi Baga,

as you can see, im within this thread from the beginning, and be sure i read the whole thread "a thousand times" in hope of have overseen the post, where some binaries are hidden :)

Sure im also anoyed of the people asking for a release... that was also not the target of my question :)
Just saw that some guys got it compiled by themself and hoped that they could drop a bin- anywhere, that does not collide with the patience for a final stable version...

Thanks a lot,
TK

baga

Quote from: APXmusic on March 13, 2013, 03:54:59 PM
I would also like to try this but I don't want to screw my camera up. Should I just wait for the public alpha?

Yes wait, it will be out soon.  There are somethings working fine in this pre-alpha others aren't there at all and even more that only work partially and shouldn't be used because they can damage your camera.  The next version will be out soon.

baga

Quote from: tk-germany on March 14, 2013, 02:09:32 PM
Hi Baga,

as you can see, im within this thread from the beginning, and be sure i read the whole thread "a thousand times" in hope of have overseen the post, where some binaries are hidden :)

Sure im also anoyed of the people asking for a release... that was also not the target of my question :)
Just saw that some guys got it compiled by themself and hoped that they could drop a bin- anywhere, that does not collide with the patience for a final stable version...

Thanks a lot,
TK

That's even worse, you definitely don't want to put those in your camera.  You really need a good understanding of not only how ML works, how it's programmed and how to write program your self.   Taking a pre-alpha that is not completely functioning and potentially damaging and then putting an untested or approved bin on top of it, not a good combination.  I have both pre-alphas and have had my camera locked up for 3 days with the 1st one.   Everything is working good for me including ML now.   
Believe me I'm as anxious as you and have wanted to test those bins but not on this pre-alpha.  I would bet that those new bins aren't in the nightly download section because no one wants to risk bricking some one else's camera.
Really the next release is real close.

nanomad

Quote from: baga on March 14, 2013, 03:09:45 PM
I would bet that those new bins aren't in the nightly download section because no one wants to risk bricking some one else's camera.
Exactly. Given how the pre alpha went I don't feel like publishing anything when I know I can't be there on time if something goes wrong
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

APXmusic

So the T4i's normal videos are around 50mbps. In your testing experience, how high of a stable bitrate are you guys able to achieve with the hack?

philharmonie

I know that the question is hated, but shouldn't ML be there a week ago?
Is there a date?

a1ex

There is no planned release date for anything. ML is a hobby project for us, we do it in our spare time.

Sometimes we have more time, sometimes less.

Is it clear now?

Maddoxfotos

Idk why this message board is flooded with dumb question. It's should be just for the developers and testers. More you ask longer it take! I don't say much bc I'm patient but I don't like that the ppl that are putting in work to be upset. Let them get it done when it gets done!

loplo

In my opinion the development threads should be open for posting only for the developers and the testers. The others/curious people should open their own threads and not stress the team. My two cents.

Lucas_W

You'll just end up with a load of empty/small threads.

@APXMusic, I tested then and I got up to 2.4x and any-more than that it stopped recording. This is with no HDR-video and with Global Draw in Live-view off. I did a benchmark test on my card and the camera said my card could do 40.9 MB/s (Or is it Mb/s? I forget). If you say that the standard is 50 megabits per second then I can film at 120 megabits per second.

philharmonie

Quote from: a1ex on March 15, 2013, 07:40:08 AM
There is no planned release date for anything. ML is a hobby project for us, we do it in our spare time.

Sometimes we have more time, sometimes less.

Is it clear now?

Sorry for that - but its clear now - i didnt know, that ML is a hobby project.
I changed my 600D to a 650D and im missing ML so much =)

loplo

Lol, you've thought that someone is paying them to work and give us ml for free? You gotta read more about ml and find out things about the project.

baga

Quote from: loplo on March 15, 2013, 09:36:33 AM
In my opinion the development threads should be open for posting only for the developers and the testers. The others/curious people should open their own threads and not stress the team. My two cents.
At first I agreed completely with your thoughts.  After some thought myself where would the testers come from.  Non developers or testers sometimes reading our posts can ask a good question or have an interesting idea because they are just following. 
I was guilty of those post in the beginning.  I think everyone is starting to help the developers by assisting people under stand the process. 

Just my thought's.  ;D

Chuck J

Canon should pay these guys. Magic Lantern generates as much interest in canon products as canon's own marketing, maybe more.