Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jools23

DSLR's at a Wedding - most pro's use just that - DSLR's, as in Plural or two or more - that way you can get around the 1/2hr or upto 1 hour before overheating issues - and me I DON'T DO WEDDINGS  ;D - and I'll happily wait for the 650D ML release (probably the beta) - with the price of 650D's now (around £450), if you're going to be a pro, buy two and some nice glass - or organize  you shoots so that you can shoot in chunks of less than 30min - in my experience (I used to do wedding videos) most people don't want to listen to all of a hymn - so you can do first and last verses - anyway, now way off subject :-)
Canon 7D | Canon 650D| EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 15-85 | EF 16-35 L | EF-S 17-85 | EF 24 | EF 24-85 | EF 50 Macro | EF 100-400 L | oh, and a 19' camera crane :-)

saha007

T4i/650D is perfect for wedding videos, really looking forward to a stable ML!
I use T4i/650D and 600D (ML) for the video, I Wedding operator!
My Site - http://harodeii.wix.com/profilm

baga

Quote from: InFocusAV on February 24, 2013, 06:57:37 PM
I just read this WHOLE THREAD front to back (as it has been a while since I have kept up with where we are) and I'm more lost than I was before I read it! All this talk about all these features I don't understand, boot flag this and dumping that...I'm LOST! The features I DO need and DO understand are audio meters in video mode (why Canon didn't include this is beyond me), zebras, and longer recording times because quite frankly, 29:59 doesn't cut it for a wedding videographer like myself. Does anybody have any enlightening advice or do I need to read that "answers" thread I read about somewhere? I have been longing for ML since I bought my camera in August.
Another good place to look is YouTube.  There are quite a few videos that show how to install and others that go over different features with examples.  I've found them very helpful.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

Creative Films

I'm looking forward to a stable ML for 650D too! I have a ML for 5DMII, it work great.

1%

Overheating? I haven't been able to successfully  overheat 6D or 600D. The most I got was was temp warning on a 90F+ day shooting outside with no AC. 650D shouldn't be different. The older cameras tended to have overheating problems like 550D/5dII (prob old versions). You can also turn on movie restart and that has maybe a couple of seconds gap. 650D being a digic V camera, that gap is a little shorter.

What will happen though is your battery will go dead fairly quickly from LV being on and card cranking. Plug in or have lots of spares.

Having done a few weddings on stills only, I'd use the DSLR to do the shots and then a cheaper camera to record video. You can't do both on one camera and you aren't going to be running around taking videos or they'll be a shaky mess.

APXmusic

Just picked up a Canon X6i (650D) The other day. I had a GH2 and wanted to try something different. Any status on the ML for it? Beta? I looked through the forum and didn't really see anything recent. I am looking to increase the bitrate on the video and have All I-frames. Don't know if that is what you guys plan to do. Let me know if you need donations.

roxtaz

Quote from: APXmusic on February 28, 2013, 04:53:01 AM
Just picked up a Canon X6i (650D) The other day. I had a GH2 and wanted to try something different. Any status on the ML for it? Beta? I looked through the forum and didn't really see anything recent. I am looking to increase the bitrate on the video and have All I-frames. Don't know if that is what you guys plan to do. Let me know if you need donations.

Sorry ... just something before alpha and pre-alpha ... not usable yet. Good luck Nomad&team!!! We are watching you guys (your commits)!
650D / 18-55mm kit lens

Travis

After having just started using and getting used to Magic Lantern on my 5d2 and t3i, now that I just picked up a t4i I feel so paralyzed without it! Or more accurately, I feel like I am shooting blindfolded without peaking, zebras, the zoom in box while shooting, etc. etc.!

On today's shoot I used the t3i on time lapse and the t4i was the primary camera due to 60fps for slow motion. So... Super bummed it's not ported yet!

Can't wait for it to be finished :)
Current Toys:
Canon 6d : 5d2 : T4i, T3i : 16-35mm 2.8f L : 50mm 1.4f : 85mm 1.8f : 70-200mm 2.8f IS L : Cinevate Atlas 10 : Manfrotto Fluid Heads/Tripods : 4ft Jib : Steadicam Merlin : etc...
Full time producer at a video production company in Minneapolis MN: http://www.providfilms.com

Walter Schulz

Don't know if it's obsolete or not: Tried to use focus bracketing with pre-alpha. Doesn't work for me, giving me focus error message.
Side effect: Wasn't able to use focus in liveview thereafter.
- Started camera with ML disabled (Set button pressed): Doesn't work either
- Started camera with card without pre-alpha ML installed: Nope, won't run
- Deleted all camera settings + Fn: Works fine.

Well, outdoor macro season is near and sometimes a camera with vari-angle screen will come handy. ;-)
On the other side: 7D will do the job too and a little yoga acrobatic is supposed to be healthy ...
Thank you all for all your efforts!

Ciao, Walter

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

nanomad

I think I have a solid feature set for Alpha 1 right now :)
Looks like someone is going to have fun with his camera this week-end (or at least I hope so :P)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

loplo

this means that you are going to push out the Alpha1 for the public?

Maddoxfotos

Getting way to excited! Working on my glide cam i got a few days ago. so two toys in one day! Wow

nanomad

Quote from: loplo on March 02, 2013, 03:04:20 PM
this means that you are going to push out the Alpha1 for the public?

Once a1ex reviews the feture set and builds the release package ;)

loplo

Lucas_W

Too exciting! I cannot wait! Thanks for your commitment to the project nano! and A1ex!
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

Snap0nfun

Hi Guys,

Not only am i new to the ML forum but also new to the wonderful world of DSLR's as i've just placed my order for a Canon 650D (my first "proper" camera)

I chose the camera after a recommendation from a friend who also raved about ML so i decided to check this forum out.

Looks like it's a very exciting time in the ML universe right now so keep up the sterling work and i look forward to the finished release for the 650D.

Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR

blade

Looks like I have some good news for my 650d.  Looking forward to be able to make a contribution to this project again.

Kudos.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

lordgnagey

"You're all freaks, sir. But you always have been freaks. Life is a freak. That's its hope and glory."  - The Robot Bartender

pako20

breaker

Quote from: nanomad on March 02, 2013, 03:06:56 PM
Once a1ex reviews the feture set and builds the release package ;)

Great news and thank you Nanomad! And also a BIG thanks to A1ex for all the hard work you have done! Amazing  :)
I'm ready to start testing the Alpha1  8)

Will props be enabled in this release? 
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

AshleyAshes

I have a T2i and a T4i, I've actually fallen back to using my T2i due to it's Magic Lantern support.  We were even chroma keying in an ambulance last night and the waveform monitor was invaluable.  It would be nice to get my T4i in action for shoots as well however so I hope progress goes well.  Particularly as I can't up the bitrate over 1.2x on most memory cards on my my T2i, and I'm hoping the Digic5 + UHS-I of the T4i support will let me get that higher. :)

KonaRes

I have T2i and T3i both running ML. Thrilled to hear it is coming for my T4i as well. Thank you so much for the effort.

33black

Excellent to hear this.  Have had a pretty ridiculous week, but it's neither here nor there!

I'd stopped checking every day and maybe every 2 days or so, and today I see this.  Beautiful.

Looking forward to getting that Alpha 1 on there.  Great work kids.  Really impressive.

Hopefully I'm playing with it in the next few days.

JamieRollsMedia650D

Getting super excited for this now  8)