Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loplo

Give us a link with the video. Let's see what you did.

blade

In is à clip of my wife watching tv....  Just à test shot, so no i Will not post it online... Sorry
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

loplo

Got it. I thought you tested it on something else.

baga

Quote from: nanomad on January 30, 2013, 11:17:46 AM
We have a green light.
The install procedure is not really straightforward but it should be doable by someone with a ML knowledge

WARNING: This will make both your card and your camera bootable. It should also be the only "permanent" change to your camera this build does, but I cannot guarantee you that

• Reset camera settings
  • Reset custom functions
  • Turn dial to M mode
  • Place a spare SD in the camera
  • Do a in-camera low level format
  • Download the firmware dumper: 01_650d_dumper.rar
  • Extract it on the card (the structure is similar to traditional ML installs, just with less folders and no autoexec)
  • Do a firmware update
  • The camera will do some stuff, dump the firmware and then stop with a solid red light
  • Turn off the camera
  • Remove card and battery
  • Place card in the reader
  • Run EOSCard, select your card, make it bootable (check all the flags, don't touch the ML or CHDK buttons)
  • Hit save a couple of times
  • Download the pre-alpha1 build 02_650D.101.PreAlpha1.READTHEFORUM.zip
  • Extract it on your card, replace files when asked (if it doesn't, you're probably doing it wrong :P)
  • Put card in camera
  • You know what you do ;)

Do I have to follow every step here to put ML on a second card.  ML is running ok on my 4gb card but I really want it on my 32gb card.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

blade

Quote from: blade on February 07, 2013, 10:56:37 AM

PREFS MENU
Image review settings:    time laps : working
                                      Exposure adjust : working
                                      422 preview: ( no files found ) have not played around with those settings so seems to work but not fully tested Tested and the 422 file is present but i get an error : cannot preview this picture
                                      exposure fusion : working
                                      compare images : working

blade

Devs, question.....  the debug menu...

Stability test
benchmarks
show tasks
etc...

Is there anything useful for me to run, and if yes what would you like  me to report, I have notices some log files on my SD card....

loplo

Quote from: baga on February 08, 2013, 09:25:18 PM
Do I have to follow every step here to put ML on a second card.  ML is running ok on my 4gb card but I really want it on my 32gb card.

You have to do at least 4, 5, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.
In my opinion, there's no need to flash the firmware again.

baga

Quote from: loplo on February 08, 2013, 09:51:23 PM
You have to do at least 4, 5, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.
In my opinion, there's no need to flash the firmware again.

Thanks I'll give it a try later.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

nanomad

Quote from: blade on February 07, 2013, 10:56:37 AM
Breaker and Nanomad

I am live and testing, just struggling with a format to give feedback. I was looking for a structured approach,  so I will reuse breakers posts.

I have started with the prefs menu.. and added my findings...  I have done some user testing, just stability and in general i have no real live hiccups.   I will revisit and test your other posts if i have the time.

PREFS MENU
Image review settings:   

Quick zoom:
                                      on (fast)  : I see no difference with off  ??? Working here
                                      full zoom on af: Not working ( or all my AF are perfect centred) Working here (it zooms on the currently selected AF point

Live view zoom settings: Working, requires props Couldn't test zoom on focus ring, one feat was broken due a to a wrong button code

Focus box settings: Working, requires props
Misc key settings:          Not working Sticky DOF is ok, sticky HS is broken

Warning for bad settings:
   ALO warning:              Not working (Warning even if my ALO is off (Same fault on my 7D Alpha2!))

Powersave in LiveView:   Not working Working

Also fixed HS to exit ML Menu
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

simolo

anything new ?
again THANK YOU for testing and doing such a great job !

nanomad

Not really.. Just some minor bug fixes here and there
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Lucas_W

Hello, I'm having a little bit of trouble testing the pre-alpha. I can dump the firmware successfully but when I put
'magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Feb02.650D.BOOTFIX.zip' onto my SD Card and try to make the card bootable EOScard just gives me "ZIP format." and my camera gives me the bootdisk error and a smiley face.
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

nanomad

AS I said, don't test the pre-alpha anymore...it's not safe...

What error are you talking about? can you upload a screenshot?

Lucas_W

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Feb02.650D.BOOTFIX.zip

I assumed the 'bootfix' meant that it was safe, but okay. I guess I should just wait for the next version.

Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

eternity52000

when  a new testable version for 650d ? ::) i am so exitied to use ML
canon 650D canon 1000D objectif 28-105 f3.5-5.6 usm

a1ex

Quote from: beej on February 06, 2013, 02:33:56 AM
Just a little polite notice for everyone asking "when will XXX be done..." the answer is mostly "don't know" or "when it's done".

The ML team work on things in their spare time, so development has to fit in around what those guys are doing - not only that, but the nature of development, especially the kind of reverse-engineering that goes on in the case of something like ML, is unpredictable. A single issue might be fixed in five minutes, or it may take six months to solve.

Chasing the devs for ideas about timescales, feature implementations and so on is a little pushy. They will get to it in their own time and announce what they are working on and so on here. So feel free to ask about features, the progress of things and so on, but the "when" question only really serves to slightly irritate devs.

So... from now on, everybody asking "when" will get a nice red ban from me ;)

screamer

always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

demetrisag

Hey everybody! first post, just wanted to show my excitment for the process of this. Actually I bought recently a 650D and like few days later I learnt about ML. Looking forward to it and thanks to everyone participating on it!

JannF

Quote from: nanomad on February 09, 2013, 03:38:17 PM
AS I said, don't test the pre-alpha anymore...it's not safe...

What error are you talking about? can you upload a screenshot?

Uhm wait, but it's safe to keep it installed, or did I miss something?

nanomad

As long as you don't run the firmware upgrade

JannF

Just a question, what xactly is the Firmware Update doing?
As I understodd, it just dumps the Firmware, but what is the Firmware used for?

I am just trying to understand this stuff, maybe I will begin to learn developing if time allows it :D

nanomad

The dump is simply a safety backup. The real thing the updater does is enabling the camera boot flag. But it didn't all the mandatory sanity checks first so it could leave the camera in an invalid state

JannF

The checks in which mode it is or if LiveView is on eg.?

nanomad

buckbullstallion

I just want to give a round of applauds to all who are diligently working on this project around their normal daily living. I am thrilled by the progress thus far and am excited for alpha testing, as I am anxious to get this on my camera and start testing and playing with it. again thank you nanomad for all your hard work and effort. I am sure you through your tiresome RnD you are as thrilled as the rest of us with this project.

Much respect and appreciation.

1 question tho if its safe to ask -- just how dangerous is it to start with what available now to tinker?