Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfessorX

Quote from: baga on February 03, 2013, 10:27:05 PM
Great job alex and nanomad and every one else that worked on it.

Yay, My Camera is back to 100% as well! Thanks guys!

blade

Thats wonderful to hear. Enjoy your lantern! Lets hope the other camera can join in relatively fast. Great job !
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

baga

Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

nanomad

Status update (since we are on a new page)

I'll strike out what's working (no comment means it requires prop_request_change)

Quote from: breaker on January 31, 2013, 07:57:21 PM
General.
Info button in menu: Some of the feature info's bring up another feature in most ut the menus.

Testing of Movie menu.
Movie Restart:       Not working (not after 29.59 minutes and not after CBR bitrate to high stop)
Force LiveView:     Not Working Fixed
Shutter Lock:         Not Working
FPS ramping:         Not tested

Adv.Bracketing:        Not working. It takes pictures, but i can't get any exposure changes.

TimelapseRamping:  Not working.
Bulb Timer:              Not working. Can't find any Bulb setting on the 650D Working, read the manual :P Bulb is in M mode, decrease shutter speed until you get there
Mirror Lockup:          Partly Working. Should be fixed
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

steve271

Quote from: nanomad on February 04, 2013, 12:01:13 AM
Status update (since we are on a new page)

I'll strike out what's working (no comment means it requires prop_request_change)
Sorry, now I am slightly confused (better than being slightly mad I suppose). So you have crossed out the things that are working, is that right? So for example, Shutter Lock is now working?

Thanks for all your hard work. I hope you are allowing yourself time off to eat, sleep and for the performance of normal bodily functions?

nanomad

Exactly
Features requiring prop changes are and will be broken in alpha 1 but work fine if you compile ml by yourself
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Allen1uk

So does timelapse work straight away or does it require tweaking?

Really the main reason I wanted ML!
Canon EOS 650D

nanomad

It will work but not in the first alpha

Shadeena

Hi All,
I'm new here but have been following the discussions and tests on the 650D port over the past couple of days. Got a 650D recently and I look forward to joining the ML users family. Just wanted to say thank you to all of you working on this and testing it. If you need any more testers or there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Allen1uk

Quote from: nanomad on February 04, 2013, 08:43:41 AM
It will work but not in the first alpha

Cheers for the response Nanomad :) I look forward to using the feature :D
Canon EOS 650D

breaker

I have updated my test in page 16/ #396. Latest changes in bold.
@nanomad is it OK that i update original post, or should i post it as a new post? 

My progress is not impressive but i'm getting familiar with ML as i'm testing. My only comparison is the alpha for 7d ;)

And nanomad, reading camera manual is so boring. Canon should have used the info button just like you do in ML - but i suppose they are afraid to get sued my you then.;D
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

nanomad

It's better to start a new post, makes it easy to follow.
Anyway:
- 99.9% of the expo stuff relies on prop changes
- Overlay should work, except for what you noticed

breaker

OK, here is my testing progress. Latest edit is in BOLD

General.
Info button in menu: Some of the feature info's bring up another feature in most ut the menus.
Battery usage: Can't say for shure, but i think it uses a bit more battery... I will test! Test complete. Could not see any higher battery use with ML loaded. Tested in LV/standby with RGB histogram enabled when "Magic Off" and Zebras (2..98), Focus Peak, Spotmeter and RGB histogram enabled in ML.   :)

Testing of Expo Menu.
White Balance:   Not Working (Needs Prop change)
ISO:                      Not Working (Needs Prop change)
Shutter:               Not Working (Needs Prop change)
Aperture:             Not Working (Needs Prop change)
PictureStyle:       Not Working (Needs Prop change)
ML Auto ISO:       Working
Expo. Lock:          Not Working (Needs Prop change)
Expo. Presets:     Not working (But the function seems to work when values/props can be changed)
Exp. Override:     Not Working (No 1/25s and no 1/8000s. Dont know about DOF...)

Testing of Overlay Menu.
Global Draw:    Working
Zebras:             Working
Focus Peak:     Working
Magic Zoom:    Partly working (Green Bars and splitscreen dont works - Confirmed by Nanomad in Page 14/ #349)
Cropmarks:      Working
Ghost Image:   Working
Spotmeter:       Working
False Color:      Working
Histogram:       Working
Waveform:       Working (but not when Magic Zoom is activated)
Vectorscope:    Working (but not when Magic Zoom is activated)

Testing of Movie menu.
Bit Rate:               Working (Tested only CBR. With my card (Sandisk 45MB/s) I could shoot up to 2.8x
Time Indicator:      Working
Movie Logging:       Working
Movie Restart:       Not working (not after 29.59 minutes and not after CBR bitrate to high stop)
REC/STBY notif:     Working
Movie REC key:      Working
Force LiveView:      Not Working (Tried with "Always" and no lens on, had to press LV button anyway...)
Shutter Lock:         Not Working
FPS override:         Working
FPS ramping:          Not tested
HDR video:             Working  :)

I have tested most of the Shoot menu.
Adv.Bracketing:        Not working. It takes pictures, but i can't get any exposure changes.
Intervalometer:        Working
TimelapseRamping:    Not tested yet.
Bulb Timer:              Not working. Can't find any Bulb setting on the 650D - not working on NightPortrait.
Motion Detect:         Working
Silent Picture:          Maybe Working... Can take pictures in every mode and the pictures get stored on SD, but YUV422 Convertor fails  to open them (Unknown image size: 1226880)
Mirror Lockup:          Partly Working. Don't think Handheld was working as the picture was taken instantly even with 1 sec delay.
Flash tweeks:          Not tested yet.
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

steve271

Quote from: breaker on February 04, 2013, 10:35:24 PM
OK, here is my testing progress. Latest edit is in BOLD

Bulb Timer:              Not working. Can't find any Bulb setting on the 650D - not working on NightPortrait.

To find bulb on 650D, just keep scrolling shutter speed in M or Tv mode past 30 seconds and the next setting is B for Bulb.

breaker

Quote from: steve271 on February 04, 2013, 11:13:42 PM
To find bulb on 650D, just keep scrolling shutter speed in M or Tv mode past 30 seconds and the next setting is B for Bulb.

Thanks Steve. nanomad also commented that when this was initial posted. No need to read the manual when i follow this forum  ;)

breaker

My testing continues... :)

Focus Menu
Nothing is working. Suppose it all relies on prop?

Display Menu
LV brightness:   Working
LV contrast:     Working
LV saturation:   Working
LV display gain: Working
Color scheme:   Working
Clear overlays:  Working
Advanced settings: Partly Working (Could not see any difference on Force HDMI-VGA. Not UniWB ither, if I use it correct...?)

When testing HDMI Out the focus peaking didn't work. The lower half of the screen where showing some random orange noise pixels.

nanomad

Focus relies on props too  ;)

I'll check uniWB and the HDMI peaking (which is troublesome as usual)

Allen1uk

Quote from: nanomad on February 05, 2013, 08:45:38 PM
Focus relies on props too  ;)

I'll check uniWB and the HDMI peaking (which is troublesome as usual)

When do you think you will be releasing another build Nanomad? I am dying to get my hands on Intervalometer feature.

Cheers Allen
Canon EOS 650D

a1ex

Quote from: beej on February 06, 2013, 02:33:56 AM
Just a little polite notice for everyone asking "when will XXX be done..." the answer is mostly "don't know" or "when it's done".

The ML team work on things in their spare time, so development has to fit in around what those guys are doing - not only that, but the nature of development, especially the kind of reverse-engineering that goes on in the case of something like ML, is unpredictable. A single issue might be fixed in five minutes, or it may take six months to solve.

Chasing the devs for ideas about timescales, feature implementations and so on is a little pushy. They will get to it in their own time and announce what they are working on and so on here. So feel free to ask about features, the progress of things and so on, but the "when" question only really serves to slightly irritate devs.

1%

+1

build I use is the build you get. if something isn't working for you, its probably not working for me and an easy fix would be done already.

breaker

More of my testing results... :)

PREFS MENU
Image review settings:     Working (but can't say if 422 is working since i suppose there is something wrong with the .422 files taken with Silent Pictures)
LiveView zoom settings:   Not working
Focus box settings
   Speed:                      Not working
   Snap points:               Not working (what is the CENTER key of the 650D, SET?)
Misc key settings:          Not working
Warning for bad settings:
   Mode warning:            Working (but in creative modes it's no text on screen, only blinking red light)
   Quality warning:          Working
   ALO warning:              Not working (Warning even if my ALO is off (Same fault on my 7D Alpha2!))
Powersave in LiveView:   Not working
Config file... :                Working
LV display presets:         Working
Crop Factor Display:       Working

When i played around with Focus box settings my camera got unrespondable, but the LV with overlays seemed to be fine. Even if I turned off the camera the LV stayed on. Had to remove battery...

nanomad

Quote from: 1% on February 06, 2013, 07:48:41 PM
+1

build I use is the build you get. if something isn't working for you, its probably not working for me and an easy fix would be done already.
Well sometimes the fix is so obvious we overlook it :-X

As I said earlier the pre alpha was more like a social experiment than a regular release. The results, sadly, are exactly what I was expecting

Well, at least we people like breaker that help with testing :D

breaker

Thank you nanomad. That's the least I can do when I see all the time you and the rest of the team are using on making our cameras way better :)

I really like the work that have been done with the menu layout - and I see that we can expect an even more polished UI in the future.

Hey all pre-alpha downloaders; What's your experience so far? What have you been using and what have you experienced?

roterrion

on magic zoom feature, how to move the focus box?

well i dont have any problem moving the focus with my 40mm STM lens since its a full time manual focus, in AF mode i could still play the focus ring and also i could move the focus box with touch screen, even drag the focus box.

but if i use my other lens, MF mode would not allow me to move the focus box with touch screen, i cant find the control to move it via buttons as well. AF mode on my other lens would not allow me to play with the focus ring.
EOS 650D, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 HSM, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm II f1.8, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 32GB UHS-I 300x
http://youtube.com/roterrion
http://vimeo.com/roterrion

blade

Breaker and Nanomad

I am live and testing, just struggling with a format to give feedback. I was looking for a structured approach,  so I will reuse breakers posts.

I have started with the prefs menu.. and added my findings...  I have done some user testing, just stability and in general i have no real live hiccups.   I will revisit and test your other posts if i have the time.

PREFS MENU
Image review settings:    time laps : working
                                      Exposure adjust : working
                                      422 preview: ( no files found ) have not played around with those settings so seems to work but not fully tested
                                      exposure fusion : working
                                      compare images : working

Image review: working

Quick zoom:
                                      on (fast)  : I see no difference with off  ???
                                      singel press 100%: working
                                      full zoom on af: Not working ( or all my AF are perfect centred)
                                      Quick erase : working

Live view zoom settings:
                                     5x : off not working (no zoom at all)
                                     10x : off not working (no zoom at all)
                                     Rest (3 options) do not work as far as i can see

Focus box settings
   Speed:                      Not working
   Snap points:               Not working (what is the CENTER key of the 650D, SET?) I dont know either...
Misc key settings:          Not working

Warning for bad settings:
   Mode warning:            Working (but in creative modes it's no text on screen, only blinking red light) Confirmed, and if i go back with the scroll weel, the text does not come back, only after selecting M again.
   Quality warning:          Working
   ALO warning:              Not working (Warning even if my ALO is off (Same fault on my 7D Alpha2!)) What is ALO??  have to look it up, so not tested
Powersave in LiveView:   Not working
Config file... :                Working
LV display presets:         Working
Crop Factor Display:       Working  [i]I do not see a difference  maybe i do not understand it or is not working for me have to look into it[/i] confirmed

I will keep you posted on further progress
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro