Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewerrj

Quote from: Gorilla on January 28, 2013, 10:31:10 AM
Same here, blade. I just got my 650D, my first personal camera I have ever purchased. As a film student, I am counting down the seconds until I can get ML running on this bad boy and unlock its full potential. I can't wait!

Exactly the same situation here! I just heard about ML a last week after I bought my 650D, starting my first project in march. Hoping to get a early release of ML running on my camera by then!

If there is anything I can do, donate, help, test or whatever, please let me know!

nanomad

There's a developer kit available for booting your own autoexec file.
I'm doing some tests because I thought I had a stub wrong. Turns out it was correct but on the plus side we now have flicker free magic zoom and peaking
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

killr0y

Quote from: nanomad on January 29, 2013, 12:17:51 AM
There's a developer kit available for booting your own autoexec file.
I'm doing some tests because I thought I had a stub wrong. Turns out it was correct but on the plus side we now have flicker free magic zoom and peaking
When you say "we"...

:P

JannF

I can't wait any longer ^^
I think I'll try to build it tomorrow :D
What exactly is magic zoom?

msrobi

Quote from: JannF on January 29, 2013, 01:55:08 AM
I can't wait any longer ^^
I think I'll try to build it tomorrow :D
What exactly is magic zoom?

I'm willing to be patient, because the longer we have to wait, the more stable the alpha will be.

As for Magic Zoom, it allows you to see a magnified view of the image while recording video.  This helps with manual focusing using only the back of the camera.

baga

I think the program I used was called 400Plus on the Xti.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

Seanoneil72

Quote from: msrobi on January 29, 2013, 02:20:26 AM
I'm willing to be patient, because the longer we have to wait, the more stable the alpha will be.

As for Magic Zoom, it allows you to see a magnified view of the image while recording video.  This helps with manual focusing using only the back of the camera.

Ahh magic zoom sounds like a lifesaver. Any hope for the return of the t3i video zoom or maybe a better downsampling script to help with the moire and softness? Or is that stuff beyond the scope of ml?

In any case magic zoom will be great to have, especially for those of us without stm lenses.

nanomad

There's always hope for video crop mode but it is definitely out of the alpha/beta builds
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Beardymadness

Video crop would be amazing. Its the one thing I really miss from my 600D. Super excited for this to drop. Good work!

baga

Who gets to try the Alphas is it open to any brave souls or is it limited to Developers and Supporters?  I used to bata test years ago and I'd love to try an alpha when it's ready.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

msrobi

Quote from: baga on January 29, 2013, 05:15:55 PM
Who gets to try the Alphas is it open to any brave souls or is it limited to Developers and Supporters?  I used to bata test years ago and I'd love to try an alpha when it's ready.

As a rule, since ML is an open sourced project, all Alpha builds are made public.

In all probability, the topic for this thread will be changed and the first post will be changed once the Alpha is available.

Craize

I would love to have the timelapse mode on my 650D. Is it able to put it in the alpha ?
I'm very excited
Canon EOS 650D - Magic Lantern | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | Canon 18-55mm Kit-Lense | Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm f/1.7

baga

I'm sure that what ever is able to be done ML will slowly add to future updates.  Right now a basic alpha will be a great start.

nanomad

So, here is the plan: I'm going to release a pre-alpha build tomorrow morning that is targeted at testers. What this means is that I'll disable prop changing but not the menu entries associated with them. Some features will be non working, maybe partially but the code should not have any side effects (just like the alpha builds)
What I would like you to do is to test every single feature and report back if it works or not for you
Once I collect this information ill disable the non working features and release the real alpha.
Let's call it a test to see how many people are actually interested in helping out the project by donating a bit of time ;)

gizmo

Nanomad, its good news! I will help as many as i can!)
Kyiv. Ukraine

kazeone

yeah as long as there is no possibility of harm because Im poor and cant afford another camera lol I will be more then happy to test it out and give you as much feedback as possible :)

baga

Now you got my fingers twitching to click on download!  Is it tomorrow yet? lol!

Oltzu

nanomad

Quote from: kazeone on January 29, 2013, 08:58:40 PM
yeah as long as there is no possibility of harm because Im poor and cant afford another camera lol I will be more then happy to test it out and give you as much feedback as possible :)
Well we can't guarantee that even with stable builds, so... ::)

33black

guelinator

i will try to test it as well. can't wait until i get it...

Canon Amateur

Quote from: nanomad on January 29, 2013, 08:54:10 PM
Let's call it a test to see how many people are actually interested in helping out the project by donating a bit of time ;)
Count me in.
Canon EOS 7D / Canon 1D Mark III / Lytro illum

kazeone

oh then maybe I should wait until beta then to give feedback ^^;;

NavyNarwhal

I wouldn't mind testing as I've been waiting for ML on my 650D for some time.
Canon EOS 650D | 18-55mm Kit lens | 40mm STM

1ricca

Quote from: nanomad on January 29, 2013, 08:54:10 PM
So, here is the plan: I'm going to release a pre-alpha build tomorrow morning that is targeted at testers.
I'm in! Guessing you'll post the link on this thread, ya?