Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

It's actually the same group, but some feat requests are nice on other cameras too. Plus, we like to have everything organized in one place.

Feel free to open multiple feat requests if they are independent

An update on the 650D status: it turns out that the LV/HD buffers were correct from the start, so there's something else going on...:/
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

nanomad

My idiocy is going on, that's what. I marked a const as done while it was clearly using a value taken from the EOSM port...
The issue is fixed, I'm re-arranging the flexinfo screen and then I'm done
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

ProfessorX

Quote from: nanomad on January 22, 2013, 11:00:35 PM
My idiocy is going on, that's what. I marked a const as done while it was clearly using a value taken from the EOSM port...
The issue is fixed, I'm re-arranging the flexinfo screen and then I'm done

Haha It happens, Thanks for all the hard work nanomad!

JannF

This Forum clearly needs a "thank you"-Button!!!
Thank you nanomad, any chance of a build this night?
I want to start finding Bugs :D

nanomad

I don't think so, the alpha builds require a custom build process (since they have autoboot disabled)
I also need to trim down the feature set so that it contains a safe, for now, subset

JannF

ok, thank you very much for keeping us updated :)

AlecWild

Hitting the "thank you" button for nanomad. Thank you for your hard work!

simolo

hey guys !
How long will it take from the alpha to the main version ?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GOOD WORK ! :)

loplo

Until all the bugs are fixed and more :)
YOu can read about software release life cycle here.

nanomad

Stability tests in progress, should have the results back in 15 minutes

edit: looks like it was passed with flying colors this time ;)

Allen1uk

Look forward to this, I just picked up my 650d and would love some the features that Magic Lantern has on it!
Canon EOS 650D

overtrack

Quote from: nanomad on January 26, 2013, 11:20:30 AM
Stability tests in progress, should have the results back in 15 minutes

edit: looks like it was passed with flying colors this time ;)
Great, that's a good new! I can't wait to test it !
Thank you for all your work.

zaisehay

Yay! I'm so excited, you have no idea. I've been waiting for this since I bought my camera. I want to let you know that I appreciate all the hard work put in to this and would like to donate some money to the cause.
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"
-Albert Einstein

lostear

I have to say, every single posts to this dev thread is becoming a frustrating tease with all of the thank you posts  :o
Heh, guess it's my turn to tease.

Realllly looking forward for this to come out soon. Once it do, I can finally have the justification to donate to ML (or an alternate donation since there seem to be some problem?) and get the alpha asap. Not going to bother you with feature request since that's another time. Considering that this would be my first ML, any features is welcome!

Kudo to all of your hard work, nanomad!

33black

AshleyAshes

I assume that his latest attempt to get the code to work in the alpha made the T4i explode in his face and he's died a horrible, plastic shrapnel death. :(

nanomad

No, but I don't want that to happen to YOUR camera  :o

Canon Amateur

Quote from: AshleyAshes on January 27, 2013, 02:10:31 AM
I assume that his latest attempt to get the code to work in the alpha made the T4i explode in his face and he's died a horrible, plastic shrapnel death. :(
Maybe he was running his stability test on the "Don't click me!" function.

Quote from: nanomad on January 27, 2013, 11:27:04 AM
My 50D survived this function. I wouldn'd dare try it on my T4i.
Canon EOS 7D / Canon 1D Mark III / Lytro illum

AshleyAshes

Quote from: nanomad on January 27, 2013, 11:27:04 AM

I appreciate it, because I have some field tests I can put it through when it's ready. :)

baga

ML is one of the first things I looked for when I got my T4i in Sept.  I knew from My XTi that Canon locks so many features.  Once those features where unlocked it was like I got a new camera. 

I'm kind of happy having to wait for ML.  It gave me time to get used to the basic feature from Canon that it came with.  Now I'm ready for ML and what ever great features it unlocks.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

elmatambre

please i have a problem.  i can understand. i have my t4i and 2 memories but i test that: I try to write a update firmware to the lens 40mm canon STM. But i can. The mesaje say the disc is write protected. I hope to wait for ML to my camera but now have that problem. I ask this here and to the seller. But the seller there does not know which is the problem. Please tell my Where I can post this question inside the site. And the switch isn't the problem. the switch to lock is unlock. thanks
Canon 650D Tamron 17-270mm 3.5/6.3 sigma 30 1.4

Ivarss

Quote from: elmatambre on January 27, 2013, 11:32:38 PM
please i have a problem.  i can understand. i have my t4i and 2 memories but i test that: I try to write a update firmware to the lens 40mm canon STM. But i can. The mesaje say the disc is write protected. I hope to wait for ML to my camera but now have that problem. I ask this here and to the seller. But the seller there does not know which is the problem. Please tell my Where I can post this question inside the site. And the switch isn't the problem. the switch to lock is unlock. thanks

I think you are in the wrong section! Nevertheless.

Take a look on the SD cards side there is a small slider which makes the card read only.

Try that and see if it helps :)
Dyxlexia and Dyscalcia has its scars...

Francis

Quote from: elmatambre on January 27, 2013, 11:32:38 PM

Are you using a card reader? If connected to the camera via USB, the card is write protected. If you hope to use ML in the future you will need an SD card reader to put the installation files on the card.

blade

Sorry if this reply gets anybody hope up. Just here to let you (the developers) know that i would love a magic lantern on my brand new 650D. I also have a 400D, and that kind of left me out of the ML stuff. I do a lot of macro stuff and i would love the focus stacking option.

If there is any way for me to help (sorry no coding/hacking skills) please let me know.

Looking forward to ML for 650D

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Gorilla

Same here, blade. I just got my 650D, my first personal camera I have ever purchased. As a film student, I am counting down the seconds until I can get ML running on this bad boy and unlock its full potential. I can't wait!
Canon T4i - Canon 50mm 1.4 - Samyang 35mm 1.4