Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coutts

Alex told me you were having trouble finding the Live View buffer addresses - this morning I discovered a new (easy) way for us to do this. I'm gonna push a new commit soon adding a menu option for it (with config_debugmsg enabled), but basically, run this from "run_test":

call( "lv_vram_dump" );

and look for 3 new .422 files on the root of your SD card, their filenames are the 3 LV buffer addresses :)

AlecWild

New to the forum, and so excited about the port to the 650d. Keep up the good work - can't wait for the alpha! I vote for focus peaking, as a few others have mentioned.

I'd like to donate - should I donate to ML in general, or to this project in particular? And how do I make a donation?

Cheers,

Alec

ddmoore95

Hi guys, I was just wondering if there will ever be a full implementation for this on the 650D, like there is on the 600D? How long will this be?

steve271

Hi guys, I was just wondering if there will ever be a full implementation for this on the 650D, like there is on the 600D? How long will this be?

Well that is what this entire thread is about :), it is clearly being developed. I gather from reading the forum that an alpha version may be due fairly soon, but other than that I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer except to say "when it's ready".

Xyenz Fyxion

Quote from: a1ex on January 14, 2013, 08:31:33 PM
Found something cool:

;)

Thumbs up on the trailer, thanks for sharing.

I can't wait to use ML on the T4i/650D. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication. How does one make a donation to your cause, you great humanitarians you?
I shoot people.
Canon 6D - Main DSLR, ML installed
Canon T4i/650D - backup

1ricca

What's the status on Alpha 1? Burning with desire!!!
Will Focus Peaking and additional ISO settings be in it?

nanomad

Quote from: coutts on January 15, 2013, 04:42:59 PM
Alex told me you were having trouble finding the Live View buffer addresses - this morning I discovered a new (easy) way for us to do this. I'm gonna push a new commit soon adding a menu option for it (with config_debugmsg enabled), but basically, run this from "run_test":

and look for 3 new .422 files on the root of your SD card, their filenames are the 3 LV buffer addresses :)

Thanks, looks like I got them right the first time... I still need to figure out what's wrong then

edit: maybe it's the HD buffers...
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

simolo

so how is it going with ML for the 650D ? :)

buckbullstallion

nanomad

One issue left for alpha1. I hope to sort it out today/tomorrow
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

kazeone

awesome looking forward to it and thank you for your hard work ^_^

1ricca

Quote from: nanomad on January 19, 2013, 02:53:41 AM

Music to our ears! You are a champion!

willi

Great news!  Looking forward to the Alpha.  I've been holding off on a DSLR purchase while following this thread.  The 60D is still an attractive alternative with a full ML release already available, but the faster processor and continuous video recording of the T4i is tempting.  Keep up the good work!

killr0y

Nanomad, keep up the good work!  You're in the home stretch now!  My T4i becons me, asking for me to unleash it!

33black

all waiting on baited breath...

my sd card is waiting.

Ivarss

Quote from: nanomad on January 19, 2013, 02:53:41 AM

Reading that makes me want to dance!
Bought this camera one month after its release in sweden and ive been waiting anxiously for ML to arrive for it!
Gonna send you guys a few bucks for the great work!

This may sound dumb but where do i donate?...
Dyxlexia and Dyscalcia has its scars...

33black

They had taken the donation link down due to some...circumstances.

They recommend donating to the EFF instead.

https://www.eff.org/

hadryan

Hi guys, I would like to ask nanomad what are the chances to overcome the 30minut Record Limit.
(as we know canon 650d - Digic 5 can record up to 30 minutes creating multiple files).
Thank you.

nanomad

Movie restart should work. As far as overcoming the 30m limit I have no idea

Ivarss

Quote from: nanomad on January 21, 2013, 09:42:55 PM
Movie restart should work. As far as overcoming the 30m limit I have no idea

Sounds good! Any idea on when to release Alpha 1? :)

Quote from: 33black on January 21, 2013, 03:50:19 AM
They had taken the donation link down due to some...circumstances.

They recommend donating to the EFF instead.

https://www.eff.org/

Alright i donate a few bucks to them! Thanks for the info! :D
Dyxlexia and Dyscalcia has its scars...

kazeone

guys please stop asking when alpha is coming out, its actually pretty rude well Im not sure if rude is the right word for it but I have seen more dev get tired of being asked and end up just drop projects, be patient, just keep checking back, when its ready its ready and he will update the thread title and the first post, so until then be patient as the saying goes all good things comes with time. :)

zaisehay

Quote from: kazeone on January 22, 2013, 02:41:25 AM
guys please stop asking when alpha is coming out, its actually pretty rude, just keep checking back, when its ready its ready and he will update the thread title and the first post, so until then be patient as the saying goes all good things comes with time. :)

Exactly, If you want to be up to date with this conversation, then click notify at the top right corner of the page.
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"
-Albert Einstein

jvalizi

Hello guys... I'm new here, but i'm following the entire thread and i'm excited with ML in 650.. it needs a lot of new stuff, and we know canon will not present us with
I would like to post some suggestions:
I dont know which of them are possible, but lets see..
1 - continuous numbering above 9999 and independent file numbering for videos(create another file sequence for videos)
2 - hidden folders and separated folder view in player(when in a folder, u see just that folder)
3 - instant saving folder select, or better than that, add a "move to folder" within the trash button!
4 - when shooting with AEB, for manual HDR, some way to save files like: IM_xxx1, IM_xxx1-1, IM_xxx1+1 - IM_xxx1_1, IM_xxx1_2, IM_xxx1_3 or any of a kind!! Organizing large amount of files for HDR with some feat like that would be great!
5 - Insert timer remote control functions into Drive mode(improve existing ones)

and all another ones already suggested  ;D

msrobi

Quote from: jvalizi on January 22, 2013, 06:43:58 AM
Hello guys... I'm new here, but i'm following the entire thread and i'm excited with ML in 650.. it needs a lot of new stuff, and we know canon will not present us with
I would like to post some suggestions:
I dont know which of them are possible, but lets see..
1 - continuous numbering above 9999 and independent file numbering for videos(create another file sequence for videos)
2 - hidden folders and separated folder view in player(when in a folder, u see just that folder)
3 - instant saving folder select, or better than that, add a "move to folder" within the trash button!
4 - when shooting with AEB, for manual HDR, some way to save files like: IM_xxx1, IM_xxx1-1, IM_xxx1+1 - IM_xxx1_1, IM_xxx1_2, IM_xxx1_3 or any of a kind!! Organizing large amount of files for HDR with some feat like that would be great!
5 - Insert timer remote control functions into Drive mode(improve existing ones)

and all another ones already suggested  ;D

This thread is for the port to the 650D/T4i.  For the most part, it can be assumed that we will see all features available in ML 2.3 once the final release is done.  The Alpha may very well have missing features, but the EOS M (which is a close cousin to the 650D) has pretty much every feature enabled now.  New feature requests should be posted in that forum, as it is a different group that works on those requests.