Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overtrack

Hello,

Will the digital zoom be available with ML in video mode?

Cheers and good luck

1%

It crashed 6D and kept crashing it until the C mode was reset.

The zoom seems to be invoked from the video_parameters property. Mode 0xC flips it to crop mode on 600D. Dzoom ratio property did not respond to changes. On 6D both properties are larger. I imagine on 650D the behaviour will be the same as 6D. It could be something else other than 0xC in newer cameras, I need to find the location or function where all of the modes are listed. Could be different modes on FF or digicV. The functions are in FW tho.

1ricca

Hey nanomad,

I'm really hoping Kelvin WB can make it into the Alpha for the T4i. Have you tested this feature yet? It's such a small missing feature, but I can't stand not having it since I switch between this and my 5d3 all the time. I shoot 100% manual and Kelvin WB, so this would be HUGE for me.
I am so stoked on what you're doing! My T4i can't wait :P

kazeone

Quote from: 1ricca on January 13, 2013, 05:33:37 AM
Hey nanomad,

I'm really hoping Kelvin WB can make it into the Alpha for the T4i. Have you tested this feature yet? It's such a small missing feature, but I can't stand not having it since I switch between this and my 5d3 all the time. I shoot 100% manual and Kelvin WB, so this would be HUGE for me.
I am so stoked on what you're doing! My T4i can't wait :P

so when you say KelvinWB do you mean have the ability to select various number values versus AutoWB, Day, Night, Fluorescence pre-configured settings in the WB menu?

1ricca

Quote from: kazeone on January 13, 2013, 06:03:12 AM
so when you say KelvinWB do you mean have the ability to select various number values versus AutoWB, Day, Night, Fluorescence pre-configured settings in the WB menu?

Yes, precisely. It's a feature that has been implemented with ML on the T2i and T3i (550d and 600d). It's on the 5dMkII and 5dMKIII vanilla/canon firmware where you set it to "Kelvin" as one of the presets and then spin the top shutter wheel to change values. It usually ranges from 2500-10,000. I'm not expecting it to be implemented as well as the vanilla firmware on upper models (though that would be amazing) but at least the way it has been done with ML on the 550d and 600d.

1ricca

It also kind of stinks that the way Canon ordered the WB presets is not in warm-cold order. IMO it should go from coldest prest to warmest preset from left to right. The current vanilla FW way is just lame and cumbersome to change, especially in video mode, as it stands right now and is of course missing all of the steps in between those presets. Also, the lowest K value in the presets is ~3200 and highest is ~7000. It's nice to be able to go all the way down to 2500K for night time shooting for the most natural look of night time. But the main thing is the lack of in-between K settings that makes it impossible to sync my WB with my 5d3 on shoots.

Maddoxfotos

Quote from: 1ricca on January 13, 2013, 06:12:14 AM
Kelvin!
I gotta bump this post because white balance in kelvin would be a awesome addition to the t4i.

nanomad

It's working but it won't probably make to alpha 1 because it relies on property changes
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1ricca

Quote from: nanomad on January 13, 2013, 10:43:19 AM
It's working but it won't probably make to alpha 1 because it relies on property changes

That's still great news! Thank you so much!

What's the chances of a hotkey or button+wheel combo to change Kelvin temp?

Oh man, you guys are so great. In about a year or so when our company profit starts going green, I am TOTALLY donating a camera for whatever you are working on! You can hold me to that! ;)

diy-greenenergy

Hi Nanomad,
It is possible to integrate high-speed sync?

Best,
400D with 400Plus, 650D with ML, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5, Canon 50mm f1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 macro, Canon 55-250mm IS, DIY Macro Ring, Nissin Di622

Midas

Hi...

I'm a media teacher and have just got 2 600d's and 2 650d's. (one of the 650's is my personal one)

I'm also really looking forward to the port on the 650d and thank you for all your effort so far

I wondered if there is any way the audio page or parts of it can be implemented on the 650d?

Thanks

Midas

nanomad

High speed sync: dunno. It may require a significant re effort as I don't have any cameras that support it
Audio tweaks: in the future yes,  as long as we figure out the chip inside
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1ricca

Forgive me. What is High Speed Sync?

kazeone

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 14, 2013, 07:01:37 AM
Answers, lot of them ...

thats sorta an asshole way to reply to a question dont you think? of course anyone could google for the answer but part of the time the asking of the question is not only for seeking an answer but the social aspect of a forum. Also there is no better way to make a person feel un-welcomed in a forum then by the way you just did in your comment.

So you dont need to explain what the answer to the question was but merely state something a long the lines like;

Quote from: 1ricca on January 14, 2013, 04:29:15 AM
Forgive me. What is High Speed Sync?
here is a good link that explains what High Speed Sync is, this should help answer your question
http://www.rpphoto.com/howto/view.asp?articleID=1026

you spend about the same amount of time as you did with your comment but instead you dont come off like an asshole but someone actually adding to the thread. :)

diy-greenenergy

On my experience with some delay settings, between camera shutter and the flash trigger (custom values depending on the speed of the camera and the flash). You can made high speed sync with "regular" dlsr (1/200) at 1/500 even on 1/800.
In the paste I made some tests with an arduino based camera & flash trigger.

Quote from: nanomad on January 14, 2013, 12:05:39 AM
High speed sync: dunno. It may require a significant re effort as I don't have any cameras that support it
Audio tweaks: in the future yes,  as long as we figure out the chip inside
400D with 400Plus, 650D with ML, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5, Canon 50mm f1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 macro, Canon 55-250mm IS, DIY Macro Ring, Nissin Di622

warof1

Kazeone,
Maybe we can be a little less hasty with the name calling. Reminding people to search google for an answer empowers them to get more than one answer to their question. I realize its helpful to provide guidance on the forum, but a simple reply with an answer is more constructive than being rude to someone that had a valid point.

a1ex

Quote from: nanomad on January 14, 2013, 12:05:39 AM

Be careful with enabling features from another camera, these things are legally risky, even if you don't copy Canon code.

a1ex

kazeone

lol thats almost like an april fools joke

nanomad

Quote from: a1ex on January 14, 2013, 08:31:33 PM
Found something cool:

[youtube*]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ArI_9vmapU[/youtube]

;)

Well at least I know who to contact if we ever want to shoot a 650D trailer :p

btw, a1ex feel free to select a feature set for alpha1 (as I'm not really confident with what features needs props and what doesn't). I'm ready to put it out

Shklovich

I'd like to add: look soon in all theaters of the country!  :P

simolo

Quote from: nanomad on January 14, 2013, 09:17:31 PM
Well at least I know who to contact if we ever want to shoot a 650D trailer :p

btw, a1ex feel free to select a feature set for alpha1 (as I'm not really confident with what features needs props and what doesn't). I'm ready to put it out

could u include HDR and timelapse mode ? becaus that functions are very important for me ! :)

1ricca

Thanks Kazeone. My sentiments exactly, minus the name calling ;)
I know how to use google and I know it will produce a ton of results.
I enjoy conversing with people on these forums and I feel I usually get a more relevant answer to my question rather than fishing through an ocean of google results, which usually end up leading me to a forum somewhere else :) Let's keep this thread educational and informative.

Bump on the HDR and timelaps. Though I'm pretty sure timelapse requires changing non-volitile memory.
Also, extra ISO options! 100,160,320,640 etc. If that's been done on the other lower end cameras.

1ricca

Would there be a way to make the 4 up/down/left/right buttons do the same thing in Movie Mode as they do in Photo Mode?
It would be great to have the FULL WB menu and the FULL Picture Profile menu while in Movie Mode.

While in Movie mode, you must use the Q menu quick settings. In there, the WB doesn't show the K value of each preset. In the Picture Profile settings in the Q menu, it is more difficult to go in and change the settings of each Profile and harder to read what each Profile's settings are.

As of right now, I switch back to Stills Mode to change my WB and my PP everytime. I'd much rather have the D-pad do these shortcuts than to change the focus area. Or better yet, holding +/- button and clicking them does those things in Movie Mode. Would be a little cumbersome but better than nothing. Unless there is a dead button in Movie Mode to use as the modifier key.

What are your thoughts on this? Anyone else that would like this? Has this been done in other builds?