Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazeone

oh heres a question so it copies itself into the Ram of the camera so does that affect the performance of the camera in anyway? like when doing rapid shots is the buffer for said rapid shots used by the ram and thus you have less so it fills up quicker and reduces the speed of the shots until its offloaded into the memory card or anything else a long those lines that use the ram?

scrax

Quote from: kazeone on December 25, 2012, 07:54:25 AM
oh heres a question so it copies itself into the Ram of the camera so does that affect the performance of the camera in anyway? like when doing rapid shots is the buffer for said rapid shots used by the ram and thus you have less so it fills up quicker and reduces the speed of the shots until its offloaded into the memory card or anything else a long those lines that use the ram?
No, ML don't use that part of ram, RAM is already not all available for shooting buffer
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

coutts

even with ML copied to ram and running all of its tasks, the 6D for example still has almost 3mb of available memory, so it hardly makes a dent.

kazeone

oh okay cool :)

Edit: Woot! My camera just showed up ^_^ let the fun begin.

elmatambre

Hello Merry Christmas! Please tell me nanomad, when you say "In the meanwhile you can already compile ML for the 650D yourself and do some tests too." I have a question... i download the ML version 2.3 and run in the camera? or first update the firmware to this camera 650D? and then run the ML 2.3??? (or use another update to this camera)
I am impatient. I cannot expect to prove it ... I tell you Nanomad that if you disconnect the touch the battery hard mas there is difference.
But i dont have experience to installing firmware ML. I am learning for this way
Canon 650D Tamron 17-270mm 3.5/6.3 sigma 30 1.4

gizmo

it would be wonderful if alpha version has a intervalometer
Kyiv. Ukraine

roterrion

can't wait for the alpha!  ;)
great job, nanomad!

merry christmas! ;D
EOS 650D, Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 HSM, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm II f1.8, Transcend 16GB Class 10, Transcend 32GB UHS-I 300x
http://youtube.com/roterrion
http://vimeo.com/roterrion

mrw1986

My fiance got me a T4i with the 18-135 STM lens for Christmas...I couldn't be happier! It's my first DSLR and a friend of mine told me about ML. I'm excited to see there will be a port for the T4i. I will donate as soon as I can!

jo_oliva

I bought a T4i aka 650D, I'm happy with it but I'm really looking to use Magic Lantern so I'm thinking to get the 60D, but I'm not sure, any recommendations?

Maddoxfotos

Quote from: nanomad on December 04, 2012, 10:49:36 AM
No idea, it's too early to speculate on that

New to ML but I have tons of friends in the film industry that use it.
I bought two canon t4i's and I have was hoping that with ml I will help me take my photography to the next level, and add film making to my repertoire.

Thanks to Ml team and all the supporters.

I will be making a contribution to ml when ever possible.

kazeone

oh just wondering does ML work with the touch screen? or would I use the physical buttons?

nanomad

It works with both. The touch screen emulates some buttons while in ML menu
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

ColdFlo

Hi nanomad we chatted on the 1100D thread and then a deal came along and I got the t4i for 300 200 after a bit of work and returned the T3.  Haven't even unboxed it yet, but I'll be watching this thread closely.

djtwinz

Happy new year guys..! :)
Light my life with ML in this year :)
Appreciate your hard work  :)

kazeone

Thanks for the reply,

I hope you had a great Holiday and a great New Years ^_^

How goes everything?

roxtaz

Thank you very much!!! This is big deal for me! I'm waiting for ML for 650D since september. Thank you very much.
I'm webdeveloper and if my help is needed ... I'm your man!
650D / 18-55mm kit lens

1%

Any chance someone can find the property address for movie servo AF and what its supposed to be when on/off.

On 6D I think its named PROP_MOVIE_SERVO_AF, I think.

nanomad

Sure ill do it tomorrow / today

Btw I'm currently busy with some backend changes that should reduce the overall amount of distraction bugs in ML and make porting to new cameras easier.... The 650D alpha will suffer a bit of delay but should also come up more stable than before :-)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

33black

I like this.  I really like this.

Thinking of taking a look through the source code myself and brushing off the old programmers fingers for shits and giggles.

How do I get started?  where's the thread on that?

I'm probably too lazy to search for it.

nanomad

AshleyAshes

Thinking about it, I'd be willing to throw my T4i in for alpha testing.  There's minimal risk of bricking right?  It just could be so unstable that it'd be unwise to use it on a 'main camera'?

nanomad

If you disable properties from features.h the risk of bricking should be really small (unless one of the stubs is wrong, then it's a different story)

Pakos091

Have you got any idea when will be done the ML for 650D? Just a guess? This month, february, later?

1%

nanomad

This weekend I'll have an idea of a possible release date for alpha
I've got a bit it catching up to do with the latest ML commits