Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveepa

I would choose focus stacking and motion detection.

But don't let us bully you out of any sort of holiday nano ! :)

33black

just waiting for independent ISO and shutters.

looking forward to having the pro camera features, finally.

its a more than capable DSLR, it sucks how they cripple them.

argus

Restoring the 3x-10x digital video zoom / video crop mode of the 600D would be welcome by many I think.

a1ex

QuoteRestoring the 3x-10x digital video zoom / video crop mode of the 600D would be welcome by many I think.

I'm sure it will be welcome especially by Canon ;)

tdbartley

I havent had a camera with ML yet (40D and 650D) so I haven't had a chance to evaluate the features. But I am most excited to use focus peaking and zebra stripes.High bit rate, iso override and zoom mode in video are not useful if its out of focus or improperly exposed.

deleted.account.01

Quote from: tdbartley on December 20, 2012, 01:53:16 PM
.High bit rate, iso override and zoom mode in video are not useful if its out of focus or improperly exposed.

u are not usefull... lets delete everything

ChristianEOS

Hi,
I am new in here.
I would love to see ML working on the t4i.
kind regards
Christian ;D
Christian Bruno James

Iggy95

Great to hear you've made this much progress before the holidays! Thanks for all your hard work :)

mojo

Quote from: nanomad on December 19, 2012, 09:12:17 PM
There may be an alpha before Xmas after all.... what features would you like to be featured in the upcoming Alpha 1?

1) focus peaking
2) histogram

happy holidays!

Mantanuska

etoile1980

Hi, i follow this discussion from almost the beginning ! I marked this page in my favorite
and check it almost twice a day !!!
I have a T4I and work a lot with it. The biggest thing i'd love in Magic Lantern
is the sound volume while recording.
I miss so much that from the t2i.
Nanomad, thank you man !
Cheers

nanomad

A quick update:

As you can see my 650D battery is flat. I'll post the build once I fix that (easy, just plug it in the charger and wait) and I block touch screen events in ML-menu (easy-ish).

For the feature set, I'm shooting for something like the EOS-M alpha 1 and 5D3 alpha 3. There shouldn't be any major side effects and should be pretty safe to test.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Coldsector

I am glad to see the progress! This is a great christmas present nanomad! Thank you for all your work.

Like other said already, I am looking forward for the focus peak, color temperature control and other usefull features!

jplxpto

Big surprise ... and I still waiting for 'my' camera ... : (

etoile1980

kazeone

very awesome, thank you for your hard work. ^_^ I get my Camera on the 26th

pemstudio

KilroySmith

Excellent work!

I decided to buy a DSLR this Christmas, after too many years of P&S cameras that P'd and S'd, but took lousy or out of focus pictures, or simply refused to continue working.  One of the main reasons that I chose Canon was the maturity of the ML software and community  I really wanted to buy a T2i because I could get a complete, fully supported ML distribution without having to do any work, but the price (even of used equipment) was simply too high relative to a brand-new T4i, so I ended up with the 650D (Well, Amazon tells me I'll have it before Christmas).

I've got a lot of years doing embedded development for a lot of different companies on a lot of different platforms, so I hope to be able to help out here.  I've obviously got no background on Canon cameras, but I'm pretty sure I can pick it up quickly if that's where the help is needed - if it's needed with testing, or documentation, or just BS'ing, I'm good for that also.

I really want to thank nanomad for his work on my camera of choice; I'll be heading over to the donation station to express my thanks in a little bit more concrete form. 

And I want to apologize to Kilr0y for using a similar nom de guerre, but this is one I've used for a lot of years on a number of different forums, so hopefully we can peacefully coexist.

jplxpto

Hello

You are welcome to our community. This is growing and we need more developers. Any contribution is welcome.

kazeone

Side question do you think ML would work with Chainfires DSLR Controller android app? I think if the two could come together and work together on making special features and so on that would be AMAZING ^_^

http://dslrcontroller.com/

Edit: yup people are confirming that it works, freaking sweet :)

nanomad

I've got a lockup while running stability tests. The alpha is on hold while I figure out what causes it. maybe it's nothing but I'm not willing to overlook a potential serious bug.
In the meanwhile you can already compile ML for the 650D yourself and do some tests too.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

killr0y

Quote from: KilroySmith on December 22, 2012, 07:46:02 AM
And I want to apologize to Kilr0y for using a similar nom de guerre, but this is one I've used for a lot of years on a number of different forums, so hopefully we can peacefully coexist.

I've usd Killr0y for about 20 years, but don't let that stop you!

Midas

Hi...

I'm also a media teacher and have just got 2 600d's and 2 650d's. (one of the 650's is my personal one)

I'm also really looking forward to the port on the 650d

I wondered if there is any way the audio page can be implemented on the 650d?

Thanks

Midas

g3gg0

Quote from: KilroySmith on December 22, 2012, 07:46:02 AM
I've got a lot of years doing embedded development for a lot of different companies on a lot of different platforms, so I hope to be able to help out here.  I've obviously got no background on Canon cameras, but I'm pretty sure I can pick it up quickly if that's where the help is needed - if it's needed with testing, or documentation, or just BS'ing, I'm good for that also.

just start setting up the toolchain until you can compile ML, update from repository and read into the source code what ML is doing.

hint:
it all starts with reboot.c which is executed by bootloader, copies (contained) magiclantern.bin to runtime address and jumps in there to the boot-hack.c's copy_and_restart().
magiclantern.bin is the whole ML stuff statically linked to the runtime addresses (usually around 0xC80100)
so ML startup is in two phases.

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

coutts

it's easy to think about reboot.c as sort of magic lantern's own bootloader, that copies ML itself into ram and then jumps into it.