Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

Quote from: steve271 on December 13, 2012, 07:46:44 PM
Looks like there's something going on with the strings, although I can't understand what.....

Where can we download the stubs code from please nanomad, it's not possible to look at that excerpt and deduce things aren't working as I don't think we can see what value of 'bar' has been set.

It's always possible the test code has some previously un-noticed bugs ... worth a second look.

Steve

Its on the repo inside debug.c as usual :-)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

steve271

steve271

char bar[] __attribute__((aligned(32))) = "asdfghjkl;";

I guess this has all worked before ... but...

I find the macros a bit hard to decode, but is it possible the semi-colon in the 'bar' string is causing some sort of premature termination in the test strings during the macro expansion?

Maybe change the ";" to another character?

nanomad

Good catch, I'll try it now

edit: didn't solve anything, altough I tried a "manual" test and the stubs passed it with flying colors
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Coldsector

Great job nanomad and the rest of the team! Lets hope everything goes smooth the rest of the way.

treyboden

So... I am a Video Production teacher looking to put ML on my T4i (which I am assuming is the same thing as the 650D). Being a newbie to the ML forums, what I gather from this thread is that ML has been ported successfully to the t4i? Would you recommend on using ML at this point or should I wait until the next build?

Sorry if its a silly question, and let me know if I needed to post it somewhere else!

killr0y

Quote from: treyboden on December 14, 2012, 03:23:06 PM
So... I am a Video Production teacher looking to put ML on my T4i (which I am assuming is the same thing as the 650D). Being a newbie to the ML forums, what I gather from this thread is that ML has been ported successfully to the t4i? Would you recommend on using ML at this point or should I wait until the next build?

Sorry if its a silly question, and let me know if I needed to post it somewhere else!

No, ML has not yet been ported.  The camera has been hacked, which means code can now be run on it.  Once the bulk of ML is ported, there will be an alpha release, which is generally unstable and still contains lots of bugs.  Once most of the bugs are fixed it will go into beta.  When the port is completely stable and no major bugs are reported it will then be ready for a final release.

nanomad

Which basically means don't expect an alpha before 2013

Indy

do NOT use a 'prepared card' with EOScard or similar !
use normal card, as formatted by the camera or your operating system.

Indy

Canon Amateur

(sold my 1100D and bought a 650D)

Quote from: Indy on December 14, 2012, 08:02:04 PM
anyone who want to help can enable the bootflag and backup memory using this

Copied the files onto an 16GB SDHC card.
Started the 650D,
'updated' the firmware,
the camera reboots,
the camera comes back to life,
the screen displays
"font addr bad"
"Hello world!"
"EnableBootdisk"
"Oops!"

And a very happy feeling that ML is actualy possible.

Taking pictures works, the camera is in perfect working order.
When I switch off the camera the red led stays on.
Removing and reinserting the battery solves this.

The SDHC card now contains K301_101.DAT

What else can I do to help ?
Canon EOS 7D / Canon 1D Mark III / Lytro illum

nanomad

Quote from: Canon Amateur on December 14, 2012, 10:55:23 PM
(sold my 1100D and bought a 650D)

Copied the files onto an 16GB SDHC card.
Started the 650D,
'updated' the firmware,
the camera reboots,
the camera comes back to life,
the screen displays
"font addr bad"
"Hello world!"
"EnableBootdisk"
"Oops!"

And a very happy feeling that ML is actualy possible.

Taking pictures works, the camera is in perfect working order.
When I switch off the camera the red led stays on.
Removing and reinserting the battery solves this.

The SDHC card now contains K301_101.DAT

What else can I do to help ?

Well, you can help porting if you have time and skills :)

By the way, the solid red light on shutdown (lockup) it's a known issue on the 650D

Canon Amateur

Quote from: nanomad on December 15, 2012, 12:28:18 AM
Well, you can help porting if you have time and skills :)

By the way, the solid red light on shutdown (lockup) it's a known issue on the 650D

:) I am affraid that I don't have the time and very limited skills.

The red light means in normal conditions that a write action is active.
Just to be sure I waited for 15 minutes for the light to go out.
After 15 minutes I figured that the memory dump should be complete and switched off the camera and removed the battery.

kazeone

Im new to this world, will be getting my first DSLR, I was going to get the T4i, then I heard about Magic Lantern and liked the features it offered but heard it wasnt on such camera so I was going to get the T3i but now that I see this Im excited, I will get the T4i and as soon as I can I will donate ^_^ looking forward to watching the progress.

33black

any updates yet?  that EOS M version moved along REAL quick.

nanomad

Updates? Yes, the work is going on. I'm testing what's working and what's not at the moment.  ::)

33black

Wish i could help out, but my coding days are long gone.  now i'm just am actor / amateur filmmaker.

i am tempted to dump the firmware to see what makes it tick...

kazeone

Okay sorry dumb question but I looked briefly ^^;; but umm where do I go to donate? 

nanomad

Donations are currently disabled while we figure out some organizational details. You can donate to the EFF instead, they do a great job fighting for our "digital" rights and also helped us with legal advice.

kazeone

Okay sounds good, I will do a small donation to them and another to you guys once you have the system back up... Cant wait to here about some more progress and maybe some more pictures, me likey progress pictures ^_^

nanomad

There may be an alpha before Xmas after all.... what features would you like to be featured in the upcoming Alpha 1?

kazeone

I really like to have the ability to do Time Lapse and set the time between shots, is it also possible to do something similar but recording a video so making a recorded time lapse video or stitching the photos together into a video to save a step? if not no worries just a thought. 

Canon Amateur

Quote from: nanomad on December 19, 2012, 09:12:17 PM
There may be an alpha before Xmas after all.... what features would you like to be featured in the upcoming Alpha 1?

I use the Zebra's, Cropmarks and "Quick Zoom SinglePress -> 100%"when I shoot sports with my 50D.
When I feel the urge to experiment I use the extended ISO (25600).

ClearlyRobert

Chomping at the bit for the release...would probably choose motion detection, the fps override and movie restart for some alpha joy.

AshleyAshes

Quote from: nanomad on December 19, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

High bitrate modes.  I wanna see what the T4i's UHS-I drive can do. :)