Get settings function?

Started by Pumpkinwaffle, November 27, 2012, 11:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkinwaffle

How about adding ML metadata on pics/videos?

By that I mean adding all the settings of camera+ML to a specific shot. And upon looking at the pics/video a "get settings" button would be assigned.

That way you could easily take a few  test shots and go back to settings you like most when comparing them. Could even be used as quick pre-sets for video (jumping back and forth from two fps can be tedious).

The data could be stored in a METADATA folder in the DCIM folder, and maybe implementing a auto-delete of the files when there is no matching pic/video.

Could it be done? What do you guys think?
550D ~ canon 50mm 1.8 ~ canon EF-S 18-55mm ~ canon 35-80mm [macro moded]
http://pumpkinwaffle.deviantart.com/

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

jplxpto

I think it is a good idea, and there are standard formats for this.
Maybe they are easily imported into image-editing software.

Malcolm Debono

For videos there's already movie log which writes a .log file with the same name as the video file name and contains many info such as aperture, iso, shutter speed, white balance, picture style, hdr, fps, etc. in CSV format.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Pumpkinwaffle

So technically it shouldn't be hard to re-use that data. Creating extra info file for photos could be a clutter to some but it could simply be turned on/off.

It would be especially useful for video in my opinion. When you need to re shoot something but had a different shot/settings in between. Could save quite a hassle every now a then.
I also like the idea of taking a few pics, and simply to choosing the one you like most to get the settings, it would gladly see that in my workflow.

Anyways, the idea is out there now.  ;D
550D ~ canon 50mm 1.8 ~ canon EF-S 18-55mm ~ canon 35-80mm [macro moded]
http://pumpkinwaffle.deviantart.com/