5D mark II internal microphone not working

Started by wosse, November 26, 2012, 11:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wosse

Hi,

I have had Mark ii like couple of months with ML features. Today I try to first time take a video. It works fine until I find out that sounds are missing. I have tried modified ML audio menu(and google), but no results :-[ Is there a some kind of master switch?

Settings:
FPS override= Off
Input source= AUTO INT/ext
Mic Power=ON
AGC=ON
Headphone Minitoring= OFF

I really need to video mode tomorrow, so thanks for your help.

-W-

Malcolm Debono

Try increasing the analogue gain and see if you get any movement on the audio meters. Also, make sure that in live view, on the top left corner next to the audio meter, there's written INT (i.e. internal mic is selected).
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

a1ex

Make sure the audio is enabled in Canon menu (but if it's not, you should have noticed from ML warnings...)

wosse

These won´t work. Maybe it´s a hardware problem. I should have a another CF card to do some tests. Tomorrow only still pics :(

Malcolm Debono

Try using an external device (e.g. mobile / mp3 player) to record some audio through the 3.5mm mic in port on the side of the camera. Your audio source should automatically switch to external (if not, select external stereo from ML audio menu). Check if you can get any sound this way. This should determine whether you can record audio at all and whether the problem is from the mic itself or not.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

rastAsia

Quote from: wosse on November 26, 2012, 05:16:23 PM
These won´t work. Maybe it´s a hardware problem. I should have a another CF card to do some tests. Tomorrow only still pics :(

Hi  there,

Curious if you manage to solve that Ext Mic problem with your 5D Mark II. I seem to have the same problem. Tried on a Sennheiser wireless lav G3, Rode Stereo Video Mic and no audio detected on ML2.3...

Hope you could share your thoughts on this. Sure hope its not a hardware problem...

rastAsia
Audio Imaging. Mix Engineer.
5DMII, 550D, Roland R26, Sennheiser MKH416P48, ME40, ME80, ew122 G3, Røde SVM, FCP, ProTools, LogicStudio