So anyone know what this means?

Started by JacobAlanStudios, November 21, 2012, 04:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobAlanStudios

Let me give yall the back story to this.
I was at a shot and mid way the video stopped recording as if It wasn't a class ten card which the one is use is.
I changed out the card running and same thing happened it overloaded so I completely formatted the card and now this happens every time I hit record. I can even pop the battery compartment open!
Please help!
Ive had more problems with this version of ml then any others

Francis

What happens when you start the camera with no card in it? Any logs left on the card? Look in ML/logs/

JacobAlanStudios

ASSERT: 0
at Evf\EvfState.c:1190, task Evf
lv:1 mode:20

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.600D.102
Mercurial changeset   : 7fee07c3b461+ (unified) tip
Built on 2012-07-23 16:06:42 by alex@thinkpad.
Free Memory  : 334K + 964K

se7en10

Hey I have the same thing happening. I was recording a video and then it just stopped, so I turned it off, switched cards, and now everytime I try to take video or take too many pics it does that ^  the only difference is mines a t2i.  I've tried reinstalling the firmware/ML...

JacobAlanStudios

@se7en10
Has anyone helped you with it?
They said this is the most stable version and Ive had the most problems with it.
It sucks because I love ML!

1%

This screams hardware failure. Especially if it doesn't come back when there is no card in the camera.

scrax

Quote from: JacobAlanStudios on November 21, 2012, 11:51:20 PM
@se7en10
Has anyone helped you with it?
That's his first post, i doubt he submitted the bug before you.
They said this is the most stable version and Ive had the most problems with it.
It sucks because I love ML!
Life sucks too, but we are on the same boat if you want, with your feedback we could find and maybe also fix bugs we didn't discover, that's for sure the most stable release because it was tested by a lot of user like you and me that submitted feedback when feature set was frozen.
For 2.4 it's the same, your help could be to post more detail as possible about your problem so devs can nail the problem and maybe solve or remove the code that is unstable (like for movie mode remap).
About how to submit bug you can read more info here
Maybe when Magic Lantern was a menu with only few item it was more stable, but only for 5dII and with a lot less test before release, so more risky...
I've never had that problem on my 600D, have you tried with other cards?

Is this still happening after:
clean ML settings,
clean camera settings and CFN,
formatted card (without ML),

Someone more skilled preceded me
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

JacobAlanStudios

Well if my camera is bricked due to ML I will not be a very happy camper.

1%

Just because you had ML on it while it happened does not make it the reason it failed. Everyone always ASSUMES its ML. Not all failures are software.

scrax

From your post your camera is not bricked so let be a very happy camper but will you be still happy if it's broken due to something you did wrong, instead?
Will not be better to find out if it's a bug or a broken camera first, then learn what caused that to avoid repeating it?

What are you gonna do now? Will you keep it that way?
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

JacobAlanStudios

Well i posted up that log what else needs to be posted info wise.
Im not blaming ml im just saying that I had no technical problems till I installed this version.

scrax

TRy with another card first, also with another lens, another battery, reset user settings and Custom functions try to exclude all what you can from the possible candidates...

se7en10

I've tried cards, lenses, etc, but it all does the same thing. If I take a couple pictures it freezes up and won't shut off till I pull the battery. It seems that it has something to do with playback/liveview.  I let the camera sit for a week, and photos worked fine, but trying video messed it all up again. So it may very well be hardware.

scrax

Thank's for feedback
Hope you still under warranty

JacobAlanStudios

Sun Nov 25 03:42:48 2012
      0:     9.230 [STARTUP]
K286 ICU Firmware Version 1.0.2 ( 3.8.3 )
      1:     9.290 [STARTUP]
ICU Release DateTime 2011.11.25 11:00:17
      2:    10.798 [SEQ] seqEventDispatch (Startup, 0)
      3:    10.825 [STARTUP] startupEntry
      4:   109.878 [STARTUP] startupPropAdminMain : End
      5:   109.988 [SEQ] seqEventDispatch (Startup, 1)
      6:   110.020 [STARTUP] startupPrepareProperty
      7:   112.020 [SEQ] seqEventDispatch (Startup, 2)
      8:   112.558 [RSC] hMemoryQueue (0x620010) hStorageQueue (0x640012)
      9:   127.171 [JOB] InitializeJobClass (ID = 4043, Num = 16)
     10:   128.471 [CERES]  RegisterGPSInfoCallback

Does This help at all?

1%

Not really, from se7en10's post it seems like sensor damage/failure. You have part of a boot up log and your other log failed on the "electronic viewfinder", i.e. live view. If that is where the log cuts off your LV/CMOS isn't even starting. I think you're going to have to either buy a new cmos board and install it or send it back to canon.

I've pushed my 600D to the limit and this thankfully hasn't happened. If you're still within warranty it probably counts as a manufacturing defect. What was the shutter/LV count?

JacobAlanStudios

I checked the count 3 weeks ago and it was at 8000 total. My camera is still under warranty so im sending it in.