Error 30 after installing ML

Started by mateosonic, November 20, 2012, 12:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mateosonic

Hello,
This morning I upgraded my Canon 5D ml II to 2.1.2 so I could install latest version of ML (2.3.5)
I followed all steps from Canon firmware update manual and the same for ML installing.
All install process went ok. I restarted my camera, tried to shoot but ERROR 30 screen came out.
Checked all around the web, this seems to be a shooter hardware or electronical problem, and is a very common issue with 5D, the main difference in my case is that most of the other people got this error message after being shooting for a while.
In my case, I've just shooted once befor upgrading the firmware, and everything worked perfectly.
No luck with any reasonable home-solution for my problem (hiting camera a little bit on the bottom, turn on manual sensor clean, multiple shoots)

I am very sad! fixing it is really expensive in my country, and buying another one is impossible :(

scrax

Have you tried without a card? O with another lens? I had  a similar (meccanical) problem on with my 17-85mm still under warranty and canon fixed it.

QuoteErr 30 - Malfunction related to the shutter has been detected.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-