Canon or Nikon

Started by Kraemer, November 13, 2012, 01:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraemer

Hi ya'll camera peeps!-- I have done some searching on this forum, but I need to upgrade and wanted some input.

I just sold my SonyPD-150 and Nikon-D90 (which the video sucks).  I am thinking 5Dm3, 6d, or Nikon d600.
For me primarily I need a video camera --thats how I make my $$ --  but the d600 is pretty inexpensive, like the 6d (to be realeased)

One thing the upcoming 6D doesn't apparently have is headphones out!  This is a major bummer.

The new nikon d600 has some good things going for it like-- a built in intervalometer and fill-flash.  It can also output uncompressed to a DVR, which the canon's can't... I understand ML has an intervalometer upgrade, kewl!  - what are some other things I've overlooked?

Will probably need to get the atmos ninja 2 as well --  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/858661-REG/ATOMOS_ATOMNJA002_Ninja_2.html

Who I say!?,  Who out there has something to say about my future camera choices?  (and the video quality therein)

Malcolm Debono

If you're after clean HDMI out so that you can record on something like the Atomos Ninja, the 5D3 will also be getting clean HDMI out within the next few months via a firmware update by Canon. The advantage of the Canon cameras over Nikon is that you get ML  ;)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Kraemer

Thanks my bro Malcolm, good news for sure!  I will follow up on that feature for sure.  I will probably wait for the 6d to arrive, and find out if it actually is missing the headphone out...  (the atmos dvr has headphones out built in to it, but I don't use a monitor on all my shoots)   

Aren't there any more trolls on here to feed me?

Malcolm Debono

Welcome  :)

Forgot to mention that one of ML features is monitoring audio through headphones (using the audio/video cable supplied with the camera) and is available on most cameras.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

tom_zetstudios

This video http://vimeo.com/40113110 should help you with your choice  ;)

Kraemer

thanks tom, I'll check this link out!