500D control such as 5D II.

Started by Greg, November 12, 2012, 09:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplxpto

Hello guys.

I like your commitment.
Feeling the need to learn a language like C, to participate in this project for me is something that deserves a lot of respect from a developer.
I feel that you are a bit lost ... is normal .. this is part of learning ...
I'll be glad to be able to help you in your challenge.

scrax

Quote from: jplxpto on December 15, 2012, 06:42:09 PM
Hello guys.

I like your commitment.
Feeling the need to learn a language like C, to participate in this project for me is something that deserves a lot of respect from a developer.
I feel that you are a bit lost ... is normal .. this is part of learning ...
I'll be glad to be able to help you in your challenge.
thank's,
it's not so easy as bash :o , and so far more i study more i get confused, but diggin in the source of ML helps a lot more than a lot of tutorials read in those day on how to load data from files, types and so on. And of course yours help and support is fondamental, it made me like to learn it and try what i can even if it's stupid from an expert point of view.
That's a great attitude from all ML devs here... :)

by the way, to not stay without something to do i'm  now looking into add an option to load c-1 mode at start-up. ;)

EDIT: that was easy :D seems already working at first try
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Greg

scrax

When you can try, if all good we now need a better graphics :)
pushed last things.
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Greg

My code without C modes faster.
In the Drive menu hold the up or down. Without C modes running smoothly, with the C modes sometimes skips every second.

C modes do not write AF mode?

scrax

Quote from: Greg on December 27, 2012, 03:01:24 PM
C modes do not write AF mode?

Not yet, only ISO, Ae, Tv, WB+K+shift,Drive Mode and Metering Mode.

About the pic, seems to me that INFO button is not used by canon in PicStyle dialog on 500D, is it right?

Greg

The 500D is the info button called disp

Quote from: scrax on December 27, 2012, 04:12:40 PMAbout the pic, seems to me that INFO button is not used by canon in PicStyle dialog on 500D, is it right?
It works well, you need to improve appearance.

scrax

Quote from: Greg on December 27, 2012, 04:34:05 PM
The 500D is the info button called disp
Good to know, but without c-modes enabled is it used to edit pic styles?

Quote from: Greg on December 27, 2012, 04:34:05 PM
It works well, you need to improve appearance.
I'll like to add some icons instead of text, would you help me? Your icons for Metering Mode are so good.  :)
I was thinking about having an Icon only with C-x that changes when you change c-mode, and maybe in the left space the selected C-mode settings saved smaller (I have not yet a clear idea on how to show them to avoid mess). Also WB kelvin and flash exp comp could be iconized but no ideas yet.

Greg

Quote from: scrax on December 27, 2012, 05:01:11 PM
Good to know, but without c-modes enabled is it used to edit pic styles?
Disp is only used to enable or disable the screen. The pic styles do not need.

scrax

Quote from: Greg on December 28, 2012, 01:56:14 AM
Disp is only used to enable or disable the screen. The pic styles do not need.
Ok now understood, on 600D there is INFO in place of DISP, but there is also DISP for screen toggle as on 500D.
So on 500D only SET:Load should be enabled from the dialog.

Greg

Flash exposure compensation icon, but I will also add background is later, I'm going to sleep now.

Greg

Now it looks better ;) Rework the code so that you can icon to move and adapt to different camera.

Greg

here the code - https://bitbucket.org/Gr3g01/magic-lantern-500d-control/commits/8f871c52af33781aaca4745f39ce7f7fc0882fcc

You can change the position of the icons to match the 600D.
int hi = 494; // position height icon
int wi = 381; // position width icon

scrax

Quote from: Greg on December 28, 2012, 10:43:40 PM
here the code - https://bitbucket.org/Gr3g01/magic-lantern-500d-control/commits/8f871c52af33781aaca4745f39ce7f7fc0882fcc

You can change the position of the icons to match the 600D.
int hi = 494; // position height icon
int wi = 381; // position width icon

Thank's Greg, added your Flash icon and also did Kelvin icon. I'm starting to understand how it works ;)

Greg

;)
There is a way to detect the ISO button? We need to avoid flickering while entering the ISO menu.

scrax

Quote from: Greg on December 29, 2012, 02:40:11 AM
;)
There is a way to detect the ISO button? We need to avoid flickering while entering the ISO menu.

For what i know it's not possible so far, I've tried something with no success.

Greg

I'm trying to add H2 ISO to ISO menu. There is a problem with the refresh rate if the value is different than the standard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-fwf9xhV9Q&feature=youtu.be

int abx = lens_info.raw_iso;
if (abx != 136)
{
bmp_printf(FONT(FONT_LARGE, COLOR_FG_NONLV, COLOR_WHITE), 590, 310,"H2");
}
else
{
bmp_printf(FONT(FONT_LARGE, COLOR_FG_NONLV, COLOR_BLUE), 590, 310,"H2");
bmp_printf(FONT(FONT_LARGE, COLOR_WHITE, COLOR_BLUE), 295, 130,"ISO 25600");
}

if (event->param == BGMT_PRESS_LEFT && abx == 0)
{
   lens_set_rawiso(136);
   return 0;
}
if (event->param == BGMT_PRESS_RIGHT && abx == 128)
{
   lens_set_rawiso(136);
   return 0;
}
if (event->param == BGMT_PRESS_LEFT && abx == 136)
{
   lens_set_rawiso(128);
   return 0;
}

if (event->param == BGMT_PRESS_RIGHT && abx == 136)
{
   lens_set_rawiso(0);
   return 0;
}

scrax

I've changed a bit the Metering Icons, now they toggle instead of being selected. Also moved C-modes here, need to decide if keep Meterin here and use up arrow for it and down for C modes toggle. Will do the numbers roman style so it's easy ;) ( I II III ), tonight.

Will add up and down arrow before the Metering and C modes icons, and also SET and INFO as icon with background like canon has in normal dialog (not Q)
Now i'm looking if there are other button that can be used, how works the LCD sensor when in drive dialog? Maybe it can be used instead of INFO on 500D?
Another button that maybe we can catch is LV, with the red dot makes more sense for saving the C-mode too.

Seems I can't enable H2 on 600D in photo mode.

scrax

Quote from: Greg on December 29, 2012, 02:40:11 AM
;)
I can avoid flicker, but there are two drawback:
- up down arrow sends only unpress event so i't weird changing them,
- the display will go off after a while if ISO isn't changed, but also maybe when, instead, changing flash ex comp.

Seems that normal ISO dialog is not good for that.
Added D+ switch (change and close dialog) to Play button.
If I can find how to enable H2 will try to put a switch for it too on zoom btn.
For now when d+ ON I've put the flash icon in the ISO value box since under appears a canon warning about d+ mode.

Maybe D+ icon colud be moved on the title, and flash, exp value integrated in the icon (making the + or - red and put numbers on a bigger box, need to try)

Greg

We can do the self-timer beep.
When we are in the drive mode menu. When you press the play button. Turn on the self-timer 10s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry6vkVBUBQI&feature=youtu.be

if(CURRENT_DIALOG_MAYBE == DLG_Q_DRIVE_MODE)
{
if(!IS_FAKE(event))
{
if (event->param == BGMT_PLAY)
{
      SetGUIRequestMode(0);
      msleep(300);
      for (int i = 0; i < 9; i++)
          {
      beep();
        msleep(1000);
          }
      for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++)
          {
      beep();
      msleep(200);
          }
              lens_take_picture(64, 0);
      return 0;
}

}
}

scrax

I'm thinking how to keep button similar for each dialog:
WB
UP/DOWN sets kelvin (what about using also scrollwheel for faster changes?)ùanother Idea was to change K with scrollwheel when WB button is keep pressed.

DRIVE
UP/DOWN set metering mode (if c-mode on it will use up-DOWN)
PLAY toggle metering mode (always but useful with c-modes)

FOCUS (nothing yet)
UP/DOWN change focus patterns
PLAY change FP type (vertical horizontal, center)

PicStyle/Other
Not yet sure, probably will brin custom modes back here.

scrax

I've made some changes and update the code to last commits, I've added customizable Pic Style dialog override and Focus pattern selection in focus dialog. Kelvin are now shown in a more nice way. And also icon are replaced across screen to avoid problem with canon graphics, will move custom mode to that dialog since is used only for the override and up/down arrow will be free to use.

This could let me add a way to start intervalometer, bracketing, and so on from drive dialog. The idea is to use up/down arrow to select the item and use zoom+ to enable it. Will try something about this soon.

Focus pattern are selected by up/down arrow for vertical selection, scrollwheel for horizontal and play for center

scrax

I can't change max iso, don't know if there is something like for changing ISO already or if I need to check the prop o add it. another thing is the auto WB button, I want to use it from photo mode so probably should go to LV start autoWB (set photo mode WB) and back to photo mode when finished, any suggestion about where to start to work on that? Something similar already in ML?

For each dialog I'm trying to use same buttons and icon position were possible. Focus dialog need some more icons before being really finished

ISO Flash Exp. Comp. settings and HTP switch
UP/DOWN Set Flash Expo Comp.
PLAY Toggle HTP ON-OFF
LIVE VIEW Set max ISO (when AUTO is selected) - TO DO
WB Kelvin selection and AutoWB
UP/DOWN Set and change Kelvin
PLAY AutoK+G/M - TO DO
LIVE VIEW default Canon
DRIVE MODE Metering Mode switch
UP/DOWN Set and change Metering Mode (not if self-timer continuos)
PLAY Toggle Metering Mode
LIVE VIEW default Canon
FOCUS MODE Focus Pattern selection
UP/DOWN Select Vertical focus pattern
PLAY Select Central focus pattern
SCROLL WHEEL Select Horizontal focus pattern
PIC STYLES Other dialog override + custom modes
UP/DOWN Select C-Mode
PLAY Load from selected C-Mode
LIVE VIEW Save to selected C-Mode

Icon used: LV
Icon drawn (not found): PLAY, K, D+, FlashExpComp, Metering, C-Modes

Marsu42

What's the status of it, can I pull it and try on the 60d?

I recently came up with a minimal proposal (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5058.0), if you guys get this working it might supersede - though I cannot find anything about switching the metering mode (eval/spot) here?

scrax

Quote from: Marsu42 on April 07, 2013, 07:43:04 PM
What's the status of it, can I pull it and try on the 60d?

I recently came up with a minimal proposal (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5058.0), if you guys get this working it might supersede - though I cannot find anything about switching the metering mode (eval/spot) here?
Status is that last source changes broke up the pull request and now what I get from the merge isn't loading anymore on my 600D so I have to try to restart from a new clone. I'm busy in those weeks so I can't do it right now.
For spot metering there is some code that change it when in Drive Mode dialog.
Basically for 60D you need to add the missing consts used to recognize the dialogs