600d monitor audio?

Started by nikoli, November 08, 2012, 08:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikoli

Hi can i monitor my audio live on my 600d i have heard that it gives problems. Is it fixed can i use the audio controls also? and does the 600d still have that noise reduction or not?

1%

Read the 600D audio thread. Yes you can monitor but monitoring volume seems different than recording volume.

nikoli

What about the noise reduction i get alot of noise with the canon 600d with the rode ntg-2 how can i remove it i use a xlr to mini jack. I can't aford a portable audio mixer?

1%

There are some filters but it can't do magic.

nikoli

how can i apply these filters?

nikoli

nanomad

I don't think the code is there, you'll probably have to program them yourself by looking at the datasheet
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

nikoli

i Just search abit i found something named Tragic Lantern does it work? or what can i do?

I get some bad sound when recording with my ntg-2 to my t3i via a xlr to mini jack cable?

here is a test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49UBuQVu-PA

scrax

Tragic Lantern is 1%'s fork of ML.

Audio for 600D will be added in 2.4 actually it's working in the nightly build.
You can turn on and off DC filter and wind filter and set the cut freq for the wind filter.

But to reduce noise I found better to have Analog gain low (+6 dB) and Mic boost high (+30 dB)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

nikoli

Quote from: scrax on November 10, 2012, 03:41:02 PM
Tragic Lantern is 1%'s fork of ML.

Audio for 600D will be added in 2.4 actually it's working in the nightly build.
You can turn on and off DC filter and wind filter and set the cut freq for the wind filter.

But to reduce noise I found better to have Analog gain low (+6 dB) and Mic boost high (+30 dB)

When will it be released? And can i download the 600d test file or would it be bether to wait to the release if 2.4?

nanomad

You can use the nightly builds. There's no release date planned for 2.4 yet
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

nikoli

It says when i try to get into the download page in the nightly build. it gives me an error "opps file not found" and for the "jp" site it can't get acces.

Datadogie

I downloaded Tragic last night. I also read that it has not got the  4GB limit. Is this true?
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

nikoli

Can someone help me with the error?

nanomad

Copy / paste the error you get... ::)

The nightly builds server is located at: http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/

nikoli

"Oops, you've found a dead link 404" on bitbucket and " Forbidden You don't have permission to access /pub/betauploader/600Daudio/ on this server" on the JP site

nanomad

Well, you weren't looking at the nightly builds page then ;)

Go to the link I provided

nikoli

Yours works but it was here i could not use the link http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2032.0

Do you know what settings i should set it on in the menu (i have installed the nightly build now) for getting best audio with ntg-2 and t3i?

nanomad

Not really, just make sure you turn off AGC and don't exaggerate with the camera-gain

LvP

Does headphone monitoring working on this nightly build ?

1%

LvP

I wanna try this nightly build, but i've some questions before.
1. Is there something other different to v 2.3 or only audio?
2. Can you give me the direct link to the nightly build?
3. How to install? Only replace autoexe?

scrax

Quote from: LvP on December 21, 2012, 01:15:30 PM
I wanna try this nightly build, but i've some questions before.
1. Is there something other different to v 2.3 or only audio?
2. Can you give me the direct link to the nightly build?
3. How to install? Only replace autoexe?

1. a lot of things, an incomplete draft of what's new is in the nightly forum (fell free to add what you found).
2. Here you can find discussions about nightly and the link for downloading them
3, Yes, only the autoexec.bin is changed, other file are same as 2.3 (for the camera that were supported in 2.3 of course) so keep them
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

deleted.account.01

Quote from: nikoli on November 09, 2012, 01:09:26 PM
What about the noise reduction i get alot of noise with the canon 600d with the rode ntg-2 how can i remove it i use a xlr to mini jack. I can't aford a portable audio mixer?

dude all u need its not expensive mixer only  most profesional  Audio editiong software what is called SoundForge..

and your sound will never got NOIZE...tip add VSTdx drapper and milions of VST Plugins

Edit :

i just check this your microphone.. it looks liek  quite coolstuff..

tel lme what version u use ? of ML .. nightly or 2.3v ...

in nightly u got extra few audio controlers but that is test version so i sugest stick to 2.3v.

im not realy sure what typeof   input is  in canon t3  for microfphone.. but it can be mono input ...and if your mic is stereo try to not put jack full in side camera input for mic..if u put it all .. stereo jack in mono mic input some weird things can happend..they dont need to happend but they can...

always remember to keep you metters lower than orange areas and keep it never go on REd meters areas..
try to not use extra gain..if u use u must remember u Gain EVERYTHING AROUND !!!..so later in audio software its mess..better buy more sensitve mic with muche more frquencies range than add more gain..gain is cool but  not to muche..

dude..try upload one more time this Sound weird problem..im sure i cna hellp u with  make it  cool

kconno2000

I would like to monitor my sound on 600d runing 2.3 nightly but i havent a monitor pluged in , when i connect the cable the screen goes off, is this possible?