Canon T3i/600D Black Screen

Started by jarrod786, October 28, 2012, 10:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarrod786

I have had Magic Lantern on my T3i for a couple of months and have had no problem. Then I picked up my camera yesterday and turned it on the screen lights up black but displays no menu or anything. I have followed all the steps in the "Camera looks bricked? First things for trying to restore it" topic but to no avail.

The camera is taking pictures and the flack will even pop up along with the autofocus working. The red led light flashes when the camera comes on and stops. I have formatted my SD card, taken Magic lantern off and put it back on and the camera will not display anything.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of anything that I can do to resolve this?

a1ex

Do you get the menus with an external monitor? Try both HDMI and SD if possible.

jarrod786

I did a couple other tests. I took some pictures and checked the memory card and it is taking photos. Then I took your advice and since I didn't have an external monitor I used EOS Utility as a remote base and used my laptop as the external monitor. EOS Utility displays the menu outside of the viewing screen and it let me adjust the menu (f-stops and ISO). Again it doesn't display the menu in the place of the what the camera is looking at like on the camera. But the side menu did function correctly.

Does anybody have any ideas? Really would like to have a working camera.

1%

Disp button? LCD HW failure? Check on real external monitor and reset all settings to be sure.