60D can't see any overlays

Started by troycameronstein, November 05, 2012, 06:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troycameronstein

Hi Everyone,

noobie to ML.  ** I don't know how to get the overlays to show up when I'm using the movie mode. **

I've got 2.3 installed with Firmware 1.1.1 on a 60D (with battery grip, in case that's relevant).  It installed properly under M, then restarted and moved to Movie mode.  I've got an external mic that I know works by using the menu button.

When I'm in movie mode, I click the Delete button, ML comes up. 
Global draw = liveview...   Then click the red button to record... no overlay.
Global draw = QuickReview.  Then click the red button... no overlay
Gobal draw = On, all modes... nothing.

Any suggestions for how to get the overlays to show up in movie mode would be great.  I've spent the last hour in the help file, documentation and youtube.  No luck.

Thanks in advance!  My apologies for the exclamation / urgency, but I'm on a shoot tomorrow and would love to use the functionality.

Troy

a1ex

Read the red text and write it here.

Francis

If you have a DISP or INFO button, press that a couple of times in Liveview/movie mode to cycle through and turn off the Canon overlays. Then the ML overlays will appear.

troycameronstein

Francis, you saved me!  Thank you! 

For anyone else who is struggling with the 60D and Magic Lantern because the audio overlays are not showing up, Francis solved the problem.  I'm sure it was a user error on my part.  But for the life of me, I thought I read the documentation carefully.  Alas, I'm glad i can use it on my shoot today!

Thanks, Francis!

Troy

nanomad

When you go to the global draw menu, there's a red text on the bottom that says just what Francis told ya ;)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5