TripMotion

Started by Pumpkinwaffle, November 04, 2012, 07:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkinwaffle

Hey guys :)

Here's a little video I made while on a trip in Digne (south of France, near Italy's border) with art school. It's a little on the "artsy" side but I figured it might interest some.

All shot on the 550D with 50mm f1.8 and my 35-80mm macro modded.

Magic lantern was a great help while shooting, playing with framerate and all. Only thing I didn't use much was Focus Peak (yes the blur is on purpose^^).

Sadly enough I did not have my recorder with me so I decided to work without sound. I'm pretty happy with the result even though it may not appeal to all.

Any feedback would be great :D

PS: Now everyone with a canon camera in my class is using ML lantern and they all think you guys did a great job of it!
550D ~ canon 50mm 1.8 ~ canon EF-S 18-55mm ~ canon 35-80mm [macro moded]
http://pumpkinwaffle.deviantart.com/

MichalLeder

Honestly, I am not getting the purpose of the mass blurring. Shallow DOF - OK, by why everything out of focus?

Pumpkinwaffle

Well let's say that being in an art school you have complete freedom to be on the experimental side.

Now that being said, the idea here is to treat video as more of an abstract painting. "Filming memories" was the idea, as you rarely have sharp clear memories of things, trying to get a feel of the place more than an accurate image of it.
The experiment turned out to be rather successful as my classmates remembered many places and events upon watching the video. I can understand it seems a bit out of place though.

Does it makes more sense now? I guess it is a bit far fetched.
550D ~ canon 50mm 1.8 ~ canon EF-S 18-55mm ~ canon 35-80mm [macro moded]
http://pumpkinwaffle.deviantart.com/

g3gg0

well, out of this special context, the watcher of that video is quite lost.
i.e. it makes no sense at all, its just a concatenation of blurred images.

so its an insider video only and would not give you any constructive feedback :)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!