High-Res Silent Pics Timelapse.....possible?

Started by sutobe, November 04, 2012, 11:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sutobe

Hey,

maybe I'm just confused about the documentation about this feature + I'm not a pro, just started with photography this year, but I'm struggeling to understand how you could to a timelapse with the High Res silent pic function.

yes, I know we're intended to use FPS override (which works for me although I don't know what every option is for) but since I like to try out things it'd be nice to know how making silent pic timelapse in High res is possible or not.

there's no problem with the lower resolution silent pics or in burst mode....creating 422 files, converting them into jpegs, easy.

but since in High Res mode the information comes in i.e. 5x5 steps from the LV buffer, how is timelapse possible with this?

as already mentioned, maybe I got the documentation wrong where it  says in High Res mode you can make a timelapse with it.

sorry for my english
Canon EOS 550D / Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1:3,5-4,5 USM / Canon EF-S 18-55 mm 3.5-5.6 IS / Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4,0-5,6 IS II / Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II / Canon Speedlite 430EX II

a1ex

It should work, just enable silent pics and intervalometer.

sutobe

yes this I know, but as soon as something moves during the scanning process (like clouds, cars, people) you'll get a mosaic style picture out of it.

this is what I don't understand.
Canon EOS 550D / Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1:3,5-4,5 USM / Canon EF-S 18-55 mm 3.5-5.6 IS / Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4,0-5,6 IS II / Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II / Canon Speedlite 430EX II

ilguercio

Quote from: sutobe on November 04, 2012, 06:12:38 PM
yes this I know, but as soon as something moves during the scanning process (like clouds, cars, people) you'll get a mosaic style picture out of it.

this is what I don't understand.
High res SP are taken by moving the focus box in 5x mode and taking a picture at each step. It's obvious there's going to be some shifting.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

Franzkekko

Hi all, I tried to use .422 images, but in my SDcard nothing is being saved  :-[ i have downloaded the converter tool linked in usermanual, but I think I should see files to move them in my pc  :o ;D If I set in live view setting the option .422preview, iI can see the last shot taken, but there are no files on sd  ??? also, should I have to see all .422 images or only the last one?
Do someone can help me?  :)
Thanks by now ;)
Canon Eos 550D with ML ... canon 18-55mm IS ii f/3.5-5.6 ... Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: Franzkekko on January 13, 2013, 07:47:27 PM
Hi all, I tried to use .422 images, but in my SDcard nothing is being saved  :-[ i have downloaded the converter tool linked in usermanual, but I think I should see files to move them in my pc  :o ;D If I set in live view setting the option .422preview, iI can see the last shot taken, but there are no files on sd  ??? also, should I have to see all .422 images or only the last one?
Do someone can help me?  :)
Thanks by now ;)

Hi Franzkekko! You can view all the pictures on your canon 60d LCD with the following setting on your camera's ML Menu > Preferences > Image Review Settings > go to `SET+MAIN DIAL' and change it to `422 preview'.  Then, exit ML Menu and press PLAY.  Then Hold SET button and turn Main dial.

Regarding transferring images to your computer, you may load your SD card into a card reader and connect it to your computer.  Then, copy and paste the DICM folder on to your computer.  It contains all the 422 image files.

Now, please help me by informing me about the CONVERTER TOOL.  I have downloaded the MAGIC LANTERN CONVERTER (the one linked in the user manual). But, when I gave the RUN COMMAND, it says " TO RUN THE APPLICATION, YOU FIRST MUST INSTALL ONE OF THE FOLLOWING VERSIONS OF THE .NET FRAMEWORK; v4.0.30319".  I am unable to use the converter and view the .422 files I have loaded to my computer.

Franzkekko

Well so you say the problem may be that the SD shouldn't be in the camera bit in an externar SD reader.  :) i'll try it  then at home.
For  your problem you should download net framework from Microsoft website (search it on google you'll be brought to the right page).
Let me know, I'll do the same for my problem ;-) thanks Mr
Canon Eos 550D with ML ... canon 18-55mm IS ii f/3.5-5.6 ... Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: Franzkekko on January 14, 2013, 06:22:46 PM
Well so you say the problem may be that the SD shouldn't be in the camera bit in an externar SD reader.  :) i'll try it  then at home.
For  your problem you should download net framework from Microsoft website (search it on google you'll be brought to the right page).
Let me know, I'll do the same for my problem ;-) thanks Mr

Hi!  My problem isn't solved yet.  I have downloaded the YUV422 converter but it isn't just Running in my Windows XP.  If you have solved the CONVERTER PROGRAMME problem, please send me the link.  I shall download whatever programme that is necessary to view and stitch the .422 files in my computer.

Franzkekko

hey mr.vijayaraghavan i found this thread in the forum... ;)
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3310.0

Mindogas developed a software in visual basic that i must say it works really good. The directory for download is https://bitbucket.org/mindogas/422toimage/downloads  8)
but say thanks after trying his software. 

Ciao ciao  :)