canon rumours discussion about ML reliability issue

Started by samacochan, October 30, 2012, 07:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

QuoteFor shooting stills it swapped for 2s delay after pressing a shutter half way.

The guy enabled HDR bracketing and probably got scared... why it takes so many pictures?! Then he turned off the camera and probably took the battery out in the middle of this process (that's why the AF stopped working, ML manual mentions that).

The only solution I see would be to remove the bracketing feature and probably everything else that is not 100% obvious for beginners.

1%

Let them use auto modes, lol. Oh noes... things crash.

ed.jenner

Agreed.  You guys do a great job IMO of putting enough warnings out there that anyone who doesn't fully read and understand what they are enabling and doing before starting to mess with it is 'not sensible' - would be the polite way of putting it.

Probably one reason that we don't get all the options we would like in the Canon firmware - they didn't find a way of completely idiot-proofing it.

mexicodirk

you maket idiotproof  ::)
its coming a new  idiot  :o
Canon EOS600D | Tokina SD 11-16 F2.8 (IF)DX | Nikkor 50mm 1.2 | SMC Pentax-M 2.8 28mm | EF 100-300mm 4.5-5.6 | EFS 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS | en construction CHRONOS 2

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

deleted.account.01

World is full or rich peoples who thing when they buy new PRO Advanced and Extreamly Expensive  new toy tool they are PRO .. sry but not tool make peoples PRO only ways how `we` use it ..and Magic Lantern give way to go outside border and beyod ...

There is no Manual for how make Experiment Shot what can sounds no sense but looks like Magic..
that why its eazy to know for what peoles Magic Lanterns is

coutts

blah. that last reply is someone who sees the word "beta" and thinks it will brick their camera. when we put a warning out that this might brick your camera, it is only to cover our liabilities. if we didn't say that, and some freak accident happened (like it does occasionally), then we would be held liable.

these people need to live a little :)

halbmoki

That's the way it is... ML is just not made for all people, or rather there are some people who aren't made for ML. When you're using a professional gas stove, you're not automatically a better cook, but you might set your kitchen on fire, if you're not careful. A microwave oven may be a better choice for you.

I read the whole documentation and every bit of information I could get before installing ML on my 50D. I only enable certain functions when I really need them and if anything doesn't work (rare, but possible), I know that it's my own error in 99% of cases. I won't complain or file a bug report until I'm 100% sure that it's the camera's of firmware's fault. If everyone did it that way, there'd be very, very few jobs in customer support.
Some people seem to think, reading manuals is for noobs. I think, it's pretty much the opposite: If you're not reading the manual, you'll never use the full potential of your gear. You may still be a good photographer, but always limited by your ignorance.
Canon firmware helps to avoid most errors by limiting the user. The majority of camera users just want to press the buttons and let the camera do the rest and it works well for them. ML takes away many of the limits and therefore some of the idiot-proofing. It's definitely not magic, as the name might imply, but a very powerful tool for people who reached the limits of Canon firmware and want more.
</rant>

/tl&dr: If you're too dumb to use it properly, stay away from ML. Also, RTFM.

deleted.account.01

Quote from: halbmoki on December 06, 2012, 11:06:40 AM
That's the way it is... ML is just not made for all people, or rather there are some people who aren't made for ML. When you're using a professional gas stove, you're not automatically a better cook, but you might set your kitchen on fire, if you're not careful. A microwave oven may be a better choice for you.

I read the whole documentation and every bit of information I could get before installing ML on my 50D. I only enable certain functions when I really need them and if anything doesn't work (rare, but possible), I know that it's my own error in 99% of cases. I won't complain or file a bug report until I'm 100% sure that it's the camera's of firmware's fault. If everyone did it that way, there'd be very, very few jobs in customer support.
Some people seem to think, reading manuals is for noobs. I think, it's pretty much the opposite: If you're not reading the manual, you'll never use the full potential of your gear. You may still be a good photographer, but always limited by your ignorance.
Canon firmware helps to avoid most errors by limiting the user. The majority of camera users just want to press the buttons and let the camera do the rest and it works well for them. ML takes away many of the limits and therefore some of the idiot-proofing. It's definitely not magic, as the name might imply, but a very powerful tool for people who reached the limits of Canon firmware and want more.
</rant>

/tl&dr: If you're too dumb to use it properly, stay away from ML. Also, RTFM.

eheh..well ok... try this then..

make same Shot with Analog .. but remember to read manual...

u taked me so wrong dude..but whatever

Edit :

sry for spaming  :

aboute Manual`s and use...

in days when everyone use MANUALS soooo muche soem shots or whatever u doing there with manual can looks hmmm..SAME ?
imagine  1 milion peoples use same manual and they make same lookin shots..
so after this we got  1 milion smart ``PROFESSIONALS` users after MAnual reading..

Personal i prefere to go to thing with my self ...i prefere my way what can be and will be uniqe and not reapetable..
so in this way my art `work` will be diferente..whatever can means ``diferente``
hope iclear thing

halbmoki

Sorry, this wasn't supposed to go against you in a personal way. Actually, I don't disagree at all. If you don't read manuals but find out how to do everything by yourself, that's ok. It's not my style, but everybody has their own methods.
I meant that someone (like the guys at canonrumors.com) who has massive problems with ML should have read the instructions first and checked each setting before complaining about it. Many people have been using ML and had no problems of this kind. If such errors occur, it's probably just the user's error because he was to lazy to learn proper usage of ML.
And even if there was no user error, reporting the bug here and letting the experienced developers solve it instead of complaining in an unrelated forum, can actually help making the firmware better and more stable in the future. 

deleted.account.01

Quote from: halbmoki on December 15, 2012, 08:40:28 PM
Sorry, this wasn't supposed to go against you in a personal way. Actually, I don't disagree at all. If you don't read manuals but find out how to do everything by yourself, that's ok. It's not my style, but everybody has their own methods.
I meant that someone (like the guys at canonrumors.com) who has massive problems with ML should have read the instructions first and checked each setting before complaining about it. Many people have been using ML and had no problems of this kind. If such errors occur, it's probably just the user's error because he was to lazy to learn proper usage of ML.
And even if there was no user error, reporting the bug here and letting the experienced developers solve it instead of complaining in an unrelated forum, can actually help making the firmware better and more stable in the future.

:D on first place i not taked u like enemy or some another bad way ..no  ;)
secondi dont have nothgin bad in reading manuals..no..;)
third i dont mind reading manuals ..( idoing it same as all do ) yes ;)
but .. ;) .... if everyone use manuals and they so smart after this and they know after this everything from where coming questions like... ``What Setings u use for this shot :D  !!!..`

maybe not best compare :/ ,,

i remember my first Camera .. Zenith :DD with OUT manual :DD,, that was reallly fun .. and first shots... what seting to this ..what seting to that.. why this ``stiupid`` analog dont listen  to me :DD ... why why  :DDD..
u knwo what happend after this.. after visit in kodak print shop i look on my photos and lol...all 36 frames are :DD dead ..

so i make corection on this and i learinng my way to good shot.. what not mean they are  good :D ..
maybe im just not good enought for this ;( ..but it give me so alot fun so i shoting :DD

ML need manual with BIG RED Warning....this is NOT toy for play with..this is advanced controler what can do alot..
so if u want open Black Hole Gate with Magic Lantern prepare for Magnietic Disturbrances ( what are natural part of black hole`s )what  ``can kill`` your space ship ;)
but if u use super ability of ML like hunting light with intervalumeter and stacking and u set it good (manual) u can fly in side black hole with out any demage.. :D