Please Help - Using 64 XC card after successful install on 16GB

Started by mike8712, October 26, 2012, 09:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike8712

Hello, I read through everything on the installation and the FAQs - I have a 60D and borrowed a 16GB to successfully install ML 2.3 on the 60D.  I'm confused now, as I read you only need the 32GB or smaller for the first install but I don't see how to move forward and now use ML with my Lexar Pro 64GB SDXC card. I tried the EOScard and MacBoot but none of those seem to work with a 64 card either? 

Anyway, could someone please confirm that I am able to use my 64XC card with ML and if so, what exact steps I need to take in order to do so.  When the 16 card is in, I see the correct ML firmware but if I switch to the 64 it just shows standard 1.1.1.  Thank you in advance for your assistance!

tickerguy

I can't get it to come up with an XC card either; it will neither see it nor will it allow me to perform a firmware update from an XC card.

1%

I just made my card bootable with eoscard. Same as the others.

tickerguy

Yeah, just tried that, it worked.  Something in the Canon firmware doesn't like setting the flag on these cards, but once it's set it works.

discocalculi

Have been using a Sandisk 64 SDXC for a while now. And it's quite easy to reformat, reinstall nightly builds. (Format it as a exfat)... It usually works ok, but sometimes pulling it from the computer or wiping files, it has a tendency of not booting up ML and it can even give quite creepy errors. Usually I have to format the card then make sure it's bootable with EOSutulity...

tickerguy

Well, I have a 128GB new one here..... let's hope it doesn't start doing creepy things -- I just got it.

My 32GB cards, of which I have many, have been flawless.