[WONTFIX] QR Code for settings

Started by oggettone, October 26, 2012, 09:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggettone

Since we've a camera, and a camera can be used in order to read QR-Code data (obliviously it need some development in order to be ported in ML), why do not use that in order to set ML setting on the fly?

We could have an application that generate QR-Code that defines different settings for ML writing them into the QR-Code content, so you can print it and instead of using buttons to search set ISO, Aperture etc.. just scan a code.

This could have also the advantage that if you have a movie set, you could print a QR-Code with the right ML settings for a location set and place near it, the video operator can scan the code and have the exact same setting also the next days.

Or also I can imagine a catalog of QR that can be used by the newbie(but also professionals why not) with some suggested base settings for different situation (e.g. 1st code: timelapse daylight, 2nd code: timelapse hdr, 3rd code: green screen best setting etc..) and you could also open a topic in the forum where user can post their QR-Code catalog that has been used in different situation.

What do you think?

I don't know what is the effort for that, I don't develop for ARM,  is just an idea I would like to have in the future in ML.

SDX

Sounds like a really funny feature, but that's already about it.

The ability to manage several config-files would be quite cool. So you just go in the menu, choose one of the config files. That should be as quick as finding the peace of paper with the different QR codes. Even though the QR thing would be quite fun..