LiveView only working via HDMI

Started by salym, October 24, 2012, 04:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salym

Hi,

When booting with ML, LiveView only works with HDMI output.
If I use the RCA (usb), the menu only shows up for a fraction of second then disappear.
I don't find the solution on the manual nor here in the forum.

My camera is a 550D.

Thanks for your help.

ecek2

try this:
AUDIO => Headphone Mon: OFF
then retry the USB AV out
EOS 550D 18-55mm IS - 50mm F/1.8

salym

Awesome ecek2 !
It did the trick however now it looks like some lines are missing in the characters.
for instance small sized characters are almost unreadable and the big F (from "OFF" words for instance) are loosing one horizontal bar.

This happens in the canon and ML menus. The problem seem to disappear when I disable the firmware (SET button).

a1ex

salym

Hi Thanks for the answer,

Here are the pictures. the result is the same either on my CRT screen or in the Full HD projector.

I'm in France so the system is PAL however when I tried SECAM NTSC in the Canon's menu andd it seems to solve the problem. however if I keep this setting will it affect the way I record videos (I mainly target PAL systems but I dont know it it's relevant)  ?

Also a small portion of the right/left side is cropped in the screen. Is there a way to reduce the size of the output so that it fits the screen ?

a1ex

You said the problem disappears with plain Canon firmware, please post a comparison.

salym

The small sized "5000k" color temperature doesn't show up when I disable the firmware , So there is no way to actually compare both cases. I suppose that this info is given by the addon. However as I said, when I set the camera on NTSC (I wrote SECAM I'm sorry for the confusion) on my PAL TV the problem disappear. Has the addon been tested on PAL systems ?

Also I tried different settings 16/9, 3/2, 16/10 in ML menu but the L/R sides are still cropped.

a1ex

Cropping is due to your monitor - on mine, the menu fits perfectly in both PAL and NTSC.

The font problem can't be fixed.

salym

OK thanks :)

Just one question btw.

Can I edit the font size then recompile the code ?

a1ex

You can rebuild the fonts if you want. Not easy.

salym

I don't really knowwhere to start since I didn't code anything since 10+ years. However if I fix it I'll share it.

Thanks for your time :)