Try to start it in a terminal like this:

wine "/home/edgar/Downloads/422ToImage 1.6.2/422ToImage.exe"

And than look for errors

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

1%

Franzkekko

Compliments for the software...works really good!
Well done Mindogas  8)
Canon Eos 550D with ML ... canon 18-55mm IS ii f/3.5-5.6 ... Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM

kgv5

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

mindogas

Quote from: kgv5 on May 06, 2013, 01:22:39 PM
Is this app able to process *.yuv files?
Yes if you recorded movie using latest code, were the end of *.YUV has extra 32 bytes defining frames properties. Updated 422ToImage v1.9 you could find here: https://bitbucket.org/mindogas/422toimage/downloads

1%

Can you add containerizing for the raw DNG sequences from Lv_rec... as just a data dump they don't play back and lv_rec would slow down adding the containers.

Tried the 422 splitting and its very convenient.

mindogas

Quote from: 1% on May 06, 2013, 03:41:13 PM
Can you add containerizing for the raw DNG sequences from Lv_rec... as just a data dump they don't play back and lv_rec would slow down adding the containers.

If RAW buffers storing in card will be implemented and I will see possibilities for this function inside 422ToImage i will definitely go with it. I implemented  .yuv spitting feature after g3gg0 asked me to do so. This feature is very similar to Silence Pic's conversation.  I'm not well aware of ongoing work in the field of RAW video so for me it's had to plan anything.

1%

They are the same as the DNG silent pics just without a header... both come out of LV_rec. I think it works with 5d3/600D/6D so far.

Probably every other camera can do the DNGs in burst, might want to take a look. Quality surpasses 422.

g3gg0

afaik DNG and the raw image content in canon cameras are different.
the chdk-dng code converts the packed format as it appears in-camera into a standard TIFF format.
so its not just about adding headers :)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

1%

Going to try messing with DNG4ps and iRaw... I think those are supposed to convert files like this.

mindogas

Please update 422ToImage to 1.9.1 version. There was made some corrections regarding .YUV files ordering, decoding then in threads simultaneously, fixed HDR processing and some other little fixes.

drecali

Thank you kindly for developing this awesome software! It works like a charm and now I feel like the sky is the limit for sneaky pictures and timelapses lol.

You're the man!

RenatoPhoto

I feel stupid, is there a way to convert the VRAMx.422 files to anything in windows?  I can view them in the camera but all the converters previously made just produce interlaced lines.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

RLaudi

Just in case someone else is using the Silence Picture YUV422 feature of ML with Mac OS X:

I haven't found a slim and quick tool for Mac OS X to convert the .422 file format into a more common format, so I took the great groundwork by Wolfgang Hofer [[email protected]] and used it as basis for a small terminal / command line tool to convert the .422 files to TGA files. I would have preferred PNG as output format, but that would have taken significantly more development time and TGA files are fine for Quicktime image import as well for creating time lapse movies with this ML feature.

You may download this tool compiled for Mac OS X including the source code (which should compile on other platforms with a few changes as well) for free at:

http://badtidude.com/dnlds/fdl.php?dnldf=MLRaw422ToTGA_MacOSX_release_2013_12_20.zip

To use it on Mac OS X, open a terminal window, drag and drop the executable file from the unpacked zip into the window, then drag and drop one ore more .422 files to the terminal window or even better the folder which contains the .422 files and hit ENTER.
Shortly after you should have a subdirectory named ML422YUVconverted containing the converted .tga files which you may import into Quicktime 7 Pro.

Please note that this tool is provided 'as is' as I've got loads of other things on my plate ;).