Pleasing Portrait/skin tone white balance by sample image comparison

Started by PhotoCat, October 22, 2012, 05:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoCat

Dear ML development team, ML2.3 is so great! U r amazing! Thanks!

Photo feature suggestion:  (should work for video too)
Pleasing Portrait/skin tone white balance by sample image comparison

I find a lot of post-production time is spent on WB adjustment on my portraits.
Grey card can give u an accurate WB but it doesn't always give u the most pleasing
skin tone.  It would be nice if I can upload some "protected sample images" to the CF card
and compare these sample portraits, which has great skin tone, to every picture I am taking.

This way, I can adjust my WB or WB shift accordingly to give the best skin tone directly out of the
camera, saving a lot of post-production work!    You can also simply the WB tweak procedure by
letting me tweak the captured photo and apply the tweaked WB to the next photo I am going to take.

Here is the procedure I envision:

1) upload one or more than one portrait with great skin tone into the CF card with ML installed
2) ML will protect these images from formatting
3) Take a picture
4) Display the picture immediately taken side by side with the selected sample pic
5) Allow user to adjust the WB of the picture just taken using K and WB-shift etc
6) save the WB setting as set 1  (different set due to different skin tone for different people)
7) Take the 2nd pic.  This 2nd pic should have the most pleasing WB for skin, if the shooting condition doesn't change.
8) If the shooting location/condition changes, repeat 3-7

Thank you for listening!