Short Corporate Promotional Video shot using ML with some HDR video.

Started by TonesProtege, October 20, 2012, 10:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Newman

Nice job on the editing and graphics. The variety of shots you got worked really well to tie everything together. I don't know if you were looking for detailed critique, but here are some things that I noticed that I think could have improved it:
1) Remember to focus carefully (a few shots seemed out of focus)
2) The dolly moves that were edited to include the starting and/or stopping seemed a little rigid and contrived. The starting and stopping were smooth, but somehow felt awkward. I also prefered the shots that panned/tilted while dollying.
3) The interview lighting had a mix of daylight and tungsten at similar levels, which I don't like. Assuming you don't have control of the color, I would suggest moving the people closer to the window so the source is larger (i.e., softer) and a higher contrast ratio relative to the tungsten fill. This will also reduce the double shadows on their faces. Bouncing the fill off of a wall will also help with this.

Chris

bart

dhilung

5D2 | 40D

presch

The video and editing was good.
The sound left much to be desired as is often the case.
The speakers were off mike and that coupled with the high b/g music level made much of the dialogue unintelligible.