Manual Audio 600D T3i possible solution.

Started by apefos, October 14, 2012, 08:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apefos

Hi all, my first post!

I am considering buy a 600D T3i to do HDR video. So...

I would like to know if I can use the options in the original canon firmware to do manual audio adjust even if the ML is instaled.

I want to to go to Sound Recording Menu and change Sound Rec. to Manual and adjust the Rec Level. Is this possible?

Thanks.

apefos

In the USER GUIDE i found:

"The 600D/T3i already has manual audio control, but right now it's not possible to change audio settings from Magic Lantern. You can only use audio meters during recording."

Does this means the audio options in the original firmware are unavailable after installing ML?

In the USER GUIDE I also found:

"Does Magic Lantern completely replace Canon firmware? No. Magic Lantern runs from the card, as an add-on over standard firmware. You will still be able to access all Canon functionality."

So does this mean I can exit ML menu and go to the 600D T3i original camera menu and adjust the audio levels manually and than go to ML menu again?

nanomad

You can keep using the 600D "canon" way of adjusting audio
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

Nightly builds have audio controls. Canon way works too but then you have no audio monitoring.

apefos

thanks. These are the answers I was looking for. T3i rocks!

BunkyJack

Which nightly build is considered most stable so far in monitoring and adjusting audio in Canon Rebel T3i with ML? I'm still semi-noob to ML, so any help is greatly appreciated. I'm using the mini USB cable with a 3-way RCA splitter and headphones for monitoring video sound.

kihlbahkt

Choose an April build. I was running apr30 recently. Nightlies for 600D have been failing in May. You can find out more about that in the nightly builds forum.
600D x2

BunkyJack

Thank you, kihlbahkt. I was going through the builds list, but it seems you're right that all of the more recent builds have failed. I need functional and working adjustable audio on my Canon T3i for a short film I'm making in two weeks. I did find one that did not fail. I'll try that one out. I just didn't know if it was buggy or not. I'm always afraid of builds that may have serious issues. Is the one you're using okay for filming with?

kihlbahkt

I dont think anything has really changed for 600D Audio since it was first implemented after v2.3 was released. The first usable Audio hacks were introduced via nightly builds for the 600D, so functionality should be stable for that portion of code. That being said, I dont use the Audio ML feature for my 600Ds, as I record audio thru an H4N.
600D x2

BunkyJack

Sadly, I don't have money for an H4N or Juiced Link. But I have seen some older Beachtek A4 systems for fairly cheap ($45.00). They aren't active, but passive audio for my shotgun mike, and I'm thinking of using one of them. I wonder if this will help me along with ML?

kihlbahkt

I can't provide any insight for you on the Beachtek hardware. Get a nightly up and running and use the audio features. It may be all you need. Lack of funds requires that you work with what you have, right?  And ML is free, and audio features are free. Good luck.
600D x2

BunkyJack

I'm using nightly build Date: 2014-05-07 17:59:59 -0700 and still no audio menu for Canon 600D. Does anyone now if there are any plans to release a build with 600D audio controls? Because Canon's audio has very little to offer. I've seen many blogs on people boasting of using their "Audio" option menu on their 600D (T3i), but I'm not seeing any such animal on the ML 2.3 release OR any of the recent nightly build. I'm confused now.

Also, I've noticed that I don't have the "Tweak" option with this OR previous builds for the 600D. Why is that? Also, there is no option for changing LiveView and actual recorded view options. For example, let's say I want to watch what I'm recording in LiveView as "standard," but actually record with "User Def. 1 (mine is Cinestyle). I see many Youtube videos showing these features on their 600D cameras, but mine has no such options whatsoever. I'm kinda blown away by this. I need those.  :(

Can anyone recommend another build for me to use? Or what about Tragic Lantern. I've heard that has more options, but is no longer supported. Any advice would be truly appreciated. Thank you in advance.